The Student Room Group

RBS Six Nations 2012 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Why is it whenever England score/win it's down to luck and the other team being rubbish, yet when any other team win it's because they were brilliant and played well? I'm not proclaiming England to be the strongest side, Wales and France are much stronger sides, but I can't help but feel they get far less credit for success than the other teams. A win is a win, and they managed an admirable second half comeback against Italy in such conditions, and both games were away ones at that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 181
Original post by Wolfos
Why is it whenever England score/win it's down to luck and the other team being rubbish, yet when any other team win it's because they were brilliant and played well? I'm not proclaiming England to be the strongest side, Wales and France are much stronger sides, but I can't help but feel they get far less credit for success than the other teams. A win is a win, and they managed an admirable second half comeback against Italy in such conditions, and both games were away ones at that.

Because England's two tries in their past two games have come from running down a kick. That's not skill, that's sheer luck, regardless of which team manages it. In both their matches, if they hadn't got that try, they would have either lost or drawn, assuming no other points were scored. No offence to Italy or Scotland, but for England to perform like that against teams generally considered the weaker sides in the competition is not a positive showing of their skill. Hell, you managed to let Italy score twice in a matter of minutes. Now Italy are getting better all the time, but still, I don't expect that kind of scoring from any side.

England so far have been brilliant on defence, but their attacking has left a lot to be desired.
(edited 12 years ago)
England were very poor going forward yesterday, and Ben Youngs had an abysmal game.

Brad Barritt was excellent though, I thought.

Castro getting injured was a bit of a game-changer.
Original post by Hylean
Because England's two tries in their past two games have come from running down a kick. That's not skill, that's sheer luck, regardless of which team manages it. In both their matches, if they hadn't got that try, they would have either lost or drawn, assuming no other points were scored. No offence to Italy or Scotland, but for England to perform like that against teams generally considered the weaker sides in the competition is not a positive showing of their skill. Hell, you managed to let Italy score twice in a matter of minutes. Now Italy are getting better all the time, but still, I don't expect that kind of scoring from any side.

England so far have been brilliant on offence, but their attacking has left a lot to be desired.

i thought offense and attack were the same?:tongue:
Reply 184
Original post by dellprinter
i thought offense and attack were the same?:tongue:

Well spotted, I meant to write "defence". XD
Unrelated, but i'm so happy I just got my Wembley ticket for Liverpool vs Cardiff in the Cup Final. :woo:

Related, Wales to win today, comfortably, and go on to do the Grand Slam!
Scotland off to a slow start, wales looking to really hurt us. Come on scotland, at least get one away win this year!
Knocked on after 21 phases, typical!
Good half from Scotland I thought.
Reply 189
George North :cry2:
That wasn't a ****ing knock on you blind ****!
:biggrin: :biggrin:
****ing welsh defence is unpenetrable!
Really good match and Scotland did well. I'm looking forward to Italy Vs Scotland.
Reply 194
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
****ing ass is unpenetrable!

Wut?

Hwn.. Yw .. Cymru!!!!
Reply 197
27-20, good game. what a shame scotland decided to self destruct at the start of the second half.

wales showing clear signs of defensive frailty.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lol_wut
27-20, good game. what a shame scotland decided to self destruct at the start of the second half.

27-20?
Reply 199
Original post by Miracle Day
Wut?

Why are you making gay jokes when you're the one who kept defending Justin Bieber before? :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest