The Student Room Group

Taking additional modules instead of placement. How would it effect finance.

I'm currently doing a 3 year cource which includes a years placement. I have applied for 4 years student finance which will also cover the placement year (AFAIK I get full maintenance money and also the reduced tuition fees). The cource isn't really the best for me though, it was what I could get on, it's definitly not going towards a career I want. I would be interested in doing either a Masters Postgrad or taking some additional modules which I feel would broaden my degree and be more useful to for the sort of field I'm interested in (at the time I applied I did not realise how restrictive the cource would be). If I was to do this, would this cause problems for finance, since I would still only be using the 4 years I've applied for. I would either do this in place of the placement, or self fund the placement (easy enough considering the placements are paid). Surely since they are already planning to pay me 4 years it would make no difference to them? The University themselves are happy regardless, as long as they get paid (and it's better for them than me moving to another university).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending