The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
So cognitive approach to abnormality?
Good stuff!
Good luck for Tuesday everyone, anyone have avague idea of what the 12 marker is i have finshed social influence(pheww..) need to finsih off abnormality then thats it done!!!
Reply 242
Original post by cuckoo99
there is deffo a tread going on there. gunna be the cognitive approach or the behavioural approach imo

Oh crap. I hate the cognitive approach with a passion - is there any research for it we can use for evaluation etc?

On the plus side, I think this paper has slightly fewer studies to memorise than PSYA1 (or easier ones at any rate)...
Reply 243
Original post by Tim Kelly
Oh crap. I hate the cognitive approach with a passion - is there any research for it we can use for evaluation etc?

On the plus side, I think this paper has slightly fewer studies to memorise than PSYA1 (or easier ones at any rate)...

Just wait till stress...There's 3 alone you could memorise for workplace stress.
Reply 244
Original post by cdoyle
thanks for the table. I dont know when to start revising. I'm still making notes but then again I have read on into social influence which we are only due to start in class 2 weeks time. This will be my 55th A level exam lol.

55th a level exam r u serious what did u fail like 10 times??
Reply 245
Cant believe you have started revising , i have never done any psychology revision ever , not planning to start now , i mean all it is about is how good your memory is. REGRET i took it bio chem wayyyy better

OMG i got thumbs down, less rep points , my life is literally over.. nerds..
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 246
Original post by Deyesy
Just wait till stress...There's 3 alone you could memorise for workplace stress.

I've got all me stress ones in a grid; I have 6:

Kiecolt-Glazer et al

Friedman and Rosenman

Rahe et al

DeLongis

Marmot

Johansson

I think I'll leave it at that unless that leaves any major gaps?
Reply 247
I've got all me stress ones in a grid; I have 6:

Kiecolt-Glazer et al

Friedman and Rosenman

Rahe et al

DeLongis

Marmot

Johansson

I think I'll leave it at that unless that leaves any major gaps?

Yeah, they're the main one's and therefore you haven't left any major gaps ^^ I'm probably learning too many studies :lol:
Reply 248
Original post by Deyesy
Yeah, they're the main one's and therefore you haven't left any major gaps ^^ I'm probably learning too many studies :lol:

Yeah I learnt waay to many for PSYA1, and was still getting stressy that I didn't know enough!

Abnormality only really has case studies if I remember correctly...
Reply 249
Yeah I learnt waay to many for PSYA1, and was still getting stressy that I didn't know enough!

Abnormality only really has case studies if I remember correctly...

Uh, the only two case studies I thought there were for abnormality are Phineas Gage and Charles Whitman? O.o
Original post by Deyesy
Uh, the only two case studies I thought there were for abnormality are Phineas Gage and Charles Whitman? O.o

There's Clive Wearing, Freud's Anna O and Rat Man, and Watson's Little Albert. I don't think they're too important though.

Actually Anna O could be useful in psychoanalysis to show that it works?
Reply 251
Original post by Deyesy

Little albert?

The Freud ones: Little Hans? Ana O?
Reply 252
Has anyone got any resources or any good way to explain the acute and chronic responses to stress? I just can't seem to ever remember or understand it too well.
Does anyone how like the syllabus, specimen?
In detail so I can use it as a tick sheet? :frown:
Original post by imyza
Has anyone got any resources or any good way to explain the acute and chronic responses to stress? I just can't seem to ever remember or understand it too well.

Lots of resources in my stress folder :smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5noppk9npodvjs9/XnJ6xfZkXs
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 255
Original post by snakeyface
There's Clive Wearing, Freud's Anna O and Rat Man, and Watson's Little Albert. I don't think they're too important though.

Actually Anna O could be useful in psychoanalysis to show that it works?

Little albert?

Yeah, I knew about Little Albert :redface: Just for some reason didn't think it was a 'case study' :colondollar:

Original post by PowerPuff
Does anyone how like the syllabus, specimen?
In detail so I can use it as a tick sheet? :frown:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2180-W-SP-12.PDF

Page 8 of that ^^
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 256
What evaluation and research would you include for the cognitive approach?
Also, what would you write about independent behaviour?
HELP!
Little albert?

Hey, I've been taught the little hans case study for the psychodynamic approach too, but I don't understand it and how it links to supporting the approach :s can you explain please? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 258
Original post by amymac
HELP!

Independent behaviour = Locus of control and attributional style.
Reply 259
Original post by amymac
HELP!

Independent behaviour = Locus of control and attributional style.

^ This. Also; individualist and collectivist cultures, self-esteem and life experience...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending