ive done these so far:

types of conformitiy
Research into minority/majority influence
explanations of conformity
factors affecting conformity
Research into obedience
factors affecting obedience e.g buffer,the agentic state
Reply 581
Can someone write a model answer for this 8marker please?

"Outline and evaluate explanations of conformity".

The obvious ones are Normative Social Influence and Informational Social Influence. But I don't know how to get 4 marks for A02 by evaluating these? They are seen as separate explanations for conformity but some psychologists argue they work together. <That might get 1/2 marks! But what else could we say?

Reply 582
hello :smile:
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what essay will come up in this exam? (the 12 marker)

Or general tips :colondollar:

Thanks so much!
Original post by shybrowngirl
can you let us know what your teacher says please? my teacher won't reply back to me :frown:

I asked my teacher whether individual difference and independent behaviour and the focused approaches had been removed and she said yes. You could still revise them to use as evaluative points in a stress management essay though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ashmorris93
I asked my teacher whether individual difference and independent behaviour and the focused approaches had been removed and she said yes. You could still revise them to use as evaluative points in a stress management essay though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

thank you :biggrin:

i'm really confused because my school website hasn't mentioned anything about the new spec and all the notes are based on the old one - does it mean i'm doing the old spec exam? :confused:
Original post by Harry.B.
Can someone write a 12 marker on minority influence on social change?

My take on a minority influence question, not my favorite! :frown:

Discuss how minority influence has led to social change.

Social change occurs when social norms are changed within a group of people or country, minority influences can affect the overall perception of a situation even when a majority initially believes something else to be true.

Moscovici conducted a laboratory experiment which consisted of female participants being shown shades of green on pieces of card and being told to then report the colour that they saw. In one condition, two confederates within the group would give two different answers whereas in the other scenario the two confederates would agree and give identical answers.

In the situation where confederates gave the same answers, the majority opinion was affected and 9% changed their answers to all green whereas the inconsistent minority which affected on 2% of the majority decision. This infers that for social change to occur due to a minority influence it must be persistent and consistent.

However due to the fact the experiment was conducted in a laboratory, it’s ecological validity was low and looking at pieces of card coloured green is certainly not something you would do in real life, this refers to the experiments low mundane realism. Equally due to the fact that the entire experimental population was female and American, the results cannot then be generalised to Europe or other genders.
What kind of stress questions would you use Seyle research for?
You can really use his work on all of them; you just have to be creative. Give me a question and I'll show you.
Reply 588
Original post by HarryMWilliams
My take on a minority influence question, not my favorite! :frown:

Discuss how minority influence has led to social change.

Social change occurs when social norms are changed within a group of people or country, minority influences can affect the overall perception of a situation even when a majority initially believes something else to be true.

Moscovici conducted a laboratory experiment which consisted of female participants being shown shades of green on pieces of card and being told to then report the colour that they saw. In one condition, two confederates within the group would give two different answers whereas in the other scenario the two confederates would agree and give identical answers.

In the situation where confederates gave the same answers, the majority opinion was affected and 9% changed their answers to all green whereas the inconsistent minority which affected on 2% of the majority decision. This infers that for social change to occur due to a minority influence it must be persistent and consistent.

However due to the fact the experiment was conducted in a laboratory, it’s ecological validity was low and looking at pieces of card coloured green is certainly not something you would do in real life, this refers to the experiments low mundane realism. Equally due to the fact that the entire experimental population was female and American, the results cannot then be generalised to Europe or other genders.

Cheers man. :smile:
Original post by Harry.B.
Cheers man. :smile:

No worries. :smile:
can someone tell me what might come up as a 12 marker and 8 marker please??? the prediction for psya1 came!

and make sure you all revise research methods - you can pick up easy marks!!:cool:
Reply 591
Original post by Clare~Bear
What kind of stress questions would you use Seyle research for?

Has seyles gap theory ever come up?
Original post by Id and Ego seek
You can really use his work on all of them; you just have to be creative. Give me a question and I'll show you.

Well the 12m stress questions I've been given to do that I think could use it are; Descr&Eval the body's response to stress, Discuss stress related illnesses, Discuss stress related illnnesses & the immune system. But I don't know how you'd apply his work and it's ao2 points to them.
what do we meant to write for a 12 marker, if it came on "discuss research on obedience."

and "CBT for treating stress (Stress Innoculation therapy)"

thanks!
what do we meant to write for a 12 marker, if it came on "discuss research on obedience."

thanks!

Basically describe and evaluate Milgrams work. :h:
Basically describe and evaluate Milgrams work. :h:

is that all? will that get me full marks lol :smile:

Anything relevent will get you the full marks if you go into enough detail or trawl up enough facts/figures. :smile:
Original post by HarryMWilliams
Anything relevent will get you the full marks if you go into enough detail or trawl up enough facts/figures. :smile:

thank you :biggrin:
If you go into enough detail it will. But if the title just mentions obedience or Milgram + other research then you can mention stuff like Hofflings Nurse experiment.
If you go into enough detail it will. But if the title just mentions obedience or Milgram + other research then you can mention stuff like Hofflings Nurse experiment.

And Bickman. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending