The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beccal
could anyone tell me the difference between classical conditioning, operant conditioning and social learning please?

Classical is learning through assignation - E.G - Baby learns having a panic attack is good because they associate it with getting attention from their mother. Attention is what they want.

Operant is learning through the acts of punishment and reward - ill use the example of panic attacks again, the baby has a panic attack, they are also hungry, the baby gets food from their mother and reduces this hunger, but at the same time allows the panic attack to stop, so they continue having panic attacks to get this food...

Social Learning Theory is basically learning through the acts of other people
I would really appreciate if someone could possibly mark these or just give me some constructive criticism or something.

I know you're all busy with your own revision so I understand if you don't.

Thank you.
Could anyone give me a one sentence definition of the locus of control? :biggrin:
Original post by Beccal
could anyone tell me the difference between classical conditioning, operant conditioning and social learning please?

Classical = association - Pavlov and salivating dogs
Operant = reward and punishment - more likely to repeat an action if rewarded (e.g. attention/gift) and less likely to if punished
Social Learning = Bandura and bobo doll experiment - more likely to repeat behavior if we have seen a model perform behavior (e.g. a role model such as a celebrity)
Original post by Beccal

Classical - Learning through association (Pavlov's Dogs
Operant - Learning through Reinforcement (positive/negative)
Social Learning or Vicarious Conditioning Learning through observation of someone like a role model, eg - young girls see pics of celebs who are thin being complimented on their figures, these girls wanna look like these celebs and get the compliments, therefore starve themselves...usually leading to eating disorders and anorexia
Reply 1185
Original post by Tilly3475
Do we need to know about the snowball effect and stufffff?

IF SO where do you use itt

please help :frown::frown:

In 'Social change' and stuff I think, one group had ideas which were backed up by facts, and they consistently challenged the wider view on it, leading to more people starting to believe it.
Original post by blue-orangutan
Could anyone give me a one sentence definition of the locus of control? :biggrin:

A Locus of control is an individual's personal control they do or do not have. Can either be external (believe they have no control) or internal (believe they have total control)
Reply 1187
Original post by Memodareen
Do we need to know about SIT AND HARDINESS TRAINING IN STRESS MANAGEMENT TOPIC?

Yups.

High internal locus of control - You believe you control the world around you and you believe things happen because of actions you've taken e.g. You'd see doing well in a test as a reward for you revision.

High external locus of control - You believe you have no control over the world and things happen down to fate, luck, change etc. E.g You'd put doing well in a test down to nice questions coming up.

:yy:

A scale developed by Rotter used to judge how people perceive their own actions, if you have a high internal locus of control you feel you have control of your actions, if you have a high external locus of control you feel things such as luck and fate control your actions and results.
Reply 1189
Does everyone have their exam at 1.30 ?
all guesses for 12 marker would be greatly appreciated! i have come to the conclusion that after a week of revising i know just as little as i did at the start, so now i really need to get my bum into gear for this last hour and a half!!!!!!!!!
thanks!!! :smile:
Reply 1191
Original post by pkg995

Mine is at 1

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by pkg995

I do, usually have to wait outside the exam hall for ages though before they let us in. Silly invigilators!
Reply 1193
are SIT and CBT the same thing? but SIT is for stress and CBT for abnormality. SO CONFUSED!
Reply 1194
Original post by madman94
Mine is at 1

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

mines at 1:15.
so weird how everyone has it at different times!
Original post by JerassicaMarshman
all guesses for 12 marker would be greatly appreciated! i have come to the conclusion that after a week of revising i know just as little as i did at the start, so now i really need to get my bum into gear for this last hour and a half!!!!!!!!!
thanks!!! :smile:

Cognitive/Behavioural Approach

OR

Minority Influence :smile: don't reckon stress will come up..it's been a 12 marker like 3 times, and in Jan 2012 there was so many questions about stress
Original post by xhennaa
mines at 1:15.
so weird how everyone has it at different times!

I wonder what the front of the exam says :wink: All my past papers give a specific time....strange!
Reply 1197
which studies were correlational studies?
Original post by pickles_mix
Cognitive/Behavioural Approach

OR

Minority Influence :smile: don't reckon stress will come up..it's been a 12 marker like 3 times, and in Jan 2012 there was so many questions about stress

thanks! you are a life saver! and so is this exam by the sound of things! asch and moscovichi here i come! :wink:
what are some evaluative points for the cognitive approach?????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending