The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA2 29th May 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Tilly3475
nooooooooooooo :frown:

You'll still get marks!
So I just emailed my teacher and she said its fine to have spoken about Moscovici as long as you mentioned conformity! Because minority influence IS a type of conformity

She said the spec doesnt mention all the studies :biggrin:
minority influence can still be related to the 12 marker because if the minority are consistent then they can often become the MAJORITY :smile:
Original post by Clare~Bear
I wrote about marmot and control, but couldn't think of a study that looked into work pressures. I also listed other other 3 workplace stressors that could affect them, might get another mark.

I wrote about marmot et al, karaseks model, fox et al and Van der doef et maes. Not sure how many I should have included

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
i want an a :'(

I'm a resitter - I already have an A in this paper (80 UMS), I just need a better one :tongue: Otherwise I'll need to get 89 in unit 4, which I just won't be able to do :redface:
But I'm not sure whether I'd have got quite as high a mark as I was hoping for in this exam (was hoping for like 90 UMS so I'd only just need an A in unit 4 but don't think I'd have got that tbh even though I thought it was a good paper - damn that workplace 6 marker!) :s-smilie:
(edited 11 years ago)
What annoyed me on the social influence section was that there wasn't really anything on obedience. The milgram question was only short but even that was about conforming to the same actions of the other two teachers in the room :frown: I find the O & E reasons for obedience essay easy.

:thumbsup: My teacher's always telling us to use examples - so I did. I try and include puns in my answers but didn't manage any this time :frown: On Milgram essays I write stuff like 'shockingly, 100% of participants obeyed to 350v.'

Hahaha! Made me giggle :L
Original post by Pen Island
I'm a resitter - I already have an A in this paper (80 UMS), I just need a better one :tongue: Otherwise I'll need to get 89 in unit 4, which I just won't be able to do :redface:
But I'm not sure whether I'd have got quite as high a mark as I was hoping for in this exam (was hoping for like 90 UMS so I'd only just need an A in unit 4 but don't think I'd have got that tbh even though I thought it was a good paper - damn that workplace 6 marker!) :s-smilie:

OH :frown: Dont worry! Im sure you got your grades :P and just work as hard as possible! :tongue: GOODLUCK!!!

Hope this exam went well for you
OH :frown: Dont worry! Im sure you got your grades :P and just work as hard as possible! :tongue: GOODLUCK!!!

Hope this exam went well for you

Aw good luck to you too! :smile:
Yeah this exam did go well aside from that question :tongue:
(tip for you all for next year: do lots of essays throughout the year and make revision things as you go along - A2s a bitch :tongue: )
Original post by Pen Island
Aw good luck to you too! :smile:
Yeah this exam did go well aside from that question :tongue:
(tip for you all for next year: do lots of essays throughout the year and make revision things as you go along - A2s a bitch :tongue: )

Thanks for the advice :biggrin: I will do!!!
I really hope I did well. I thought jan went well but I got a D :frown: I don't want to resit it cos there's jsut soo many new things to remember plus all the studies. Geography isn't as bad cos I've done most of it before and for 5/6 topics I can use my local area as a case study, so redoing one wouldn't be too bad.
Reply 1590
I really hope I did well. I thought jan went well but I got a D :frown: I don't want to resit it cos there's jsut soo many new things to remember plus all the studies. Geography isn't as bad cos I've done most of it before and for 5/6 topics I can use my local area as a case study, so redoing one wouldn't be too bad.

I'm sure you've done well! I thought i'd done well on unit 1 the first time and came out with a E!! I just underestimated how much you had to write, so i hope i've done well too... this time :P
dont think i did very well :frown: the first question jst completely stumped me, catching me offguard for the whole paper :frown:

now im jst thinking whether or not a psychology degree is right for me, bt i cant think of any other degree id want to do... :/
Original post by megfashion
dont think i did very well :frown: the first question jst completely stumped me, catching me offguard for the whole paper :frown:

now im jst thinking whether or not a psychology degree is right for me, bt i cant think of any other degree id want to do... :/

I stumped for Uni options too, was going to do psychology, as it's the only one of my subjects that i'm interested in, but although i used to be good at it, I've not done very well recently. :/
I was also thinking of criminology, have you thought about similar subjects like that and sociology?
Original post by Unsworth
We haven't been taught it, never heard of it before!

Yeaah but Marmot's two studies are just little supporting ones for Johanssen's Swedish saw mill one, but you could of used them if you wanted I guess..

o i see you have a different book, i actually meant marmot as well as johanssen, thats what i did anyway. funny my books basically the other way lol the saw mill was just about 2 lines long so i could only add in a little bit; marmot's two are the main ones in my book.. thats another reason i'm glad i'm done with psychology there's just to many studies
Original post by Last Centurion
I stumped for Uni options too, was going to do psychology, as it's the only one of my subjects that i'm interested in, but although i used to be good at it, I've not done very well recently. :/
I was also thinking of criminology, have you thought about similar subjects like that and sociology?

mm, bt they arent BPS accredited i dont think. id love to help kids with developmental disorders. like you know those programmes about kids with OCD n that - i want to help them. the pipe dream is to help someone who has had extreme privation - the unit about Genie was sooo interesting and i loved learning about that.

yer, why does psychology have to be so hard :/
Reply 1595

Meg, I'm sure it went well. Hug :frown: xx
Original post by s_axo
Meg, I'm sure it went well. Hug :frown: xx

idk. the only other option is to resit all of psychology, as then you dont have to say what grades you have on your UCAS form... seems to be the only option left :/
Original post by youngzwavey
o i see you have a different book, i actually meant marmot as well as johanssen, thats what i did anyway. funny my books basically the other way lol the saw mill was just about 2 lines long so i could only add in a little bit; marmot's two are the main ones in my book.. thats another reason i'm glad i'm done with psychology there's just to many studies

Oh really ahha, yes it's weird there is so many different studies available to use for each question, would hate to be a marker!
Reply 1598
idk. the only other option is to resit all of psychology, as then you dont have to say what grades you have on your UCAS form... seems to be the only option left :/

Just wait til results day hun, you might be surprised. Gah I hate the way examinations don't reveal people's true talent and passion for a subject. It's such a flawed process.
Original post by s_axo
Just wait til results day hun, you might be surprised. Gah I hate the way examinations don't reveal people's true talent and passion for a subject. It's such a flawed process.

i suppose, yes. but im more concerned that im not cut out for the degree :/ i really wanted to go to royal holloway... so if i get a C or lower in psychology, there is just no chance :/

how did you think the exam went?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending