The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
The relationships and aggression question was a godsend!
For one explanation into eating behaviour I hope to have gotten full marks, talked about Biological explanation for obesity
THE THE SUCCESSES AND FAILURES INTO DIETING MESSED ME UP

Didnt even get time to finish, the examiner ripped the paper off me -.-

I don't understand how the allocate grades, because I felt I did a lot better then my Jan exam (C) however I fear I might get the same mark :/
asdfghjkl
Original post by hhh123
Love the optimism!

Well I outlined slt then spoke about bandura and used about 3 evaluative points, including nature v nurture. I then outline deindividuation and spoke about zimbardo and evaluated that. Then I think I used about 2 Ida's :/ think I got about 7 for ao1 and maybe 7 for ao2..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

examiners are nice, they mark mucher nicer than teachers + it doesn't matter as long as u got the key points you should be fine, also examiners are aware we have 30 minutes for each essay so they dnt expect loads so dnt worry. (:
Original post by hhh123
It was 16. I wrote 13...

Oh god. I used all pages, back to front.
Reply 3983
I don't think I could have been happier with the questions :smile: literally so happy. Not sure that I did amazingly well, but better than I hoped :smile:
I included two studies to support in each and about 3/4 IDAs :smile: and I filled the booklet! Agree with people about the time, should be 2 like psya4!
I don't normally swear but F*** YEAH!!!!

Relationships & Aggression ACED everything I knew, all information down elaborated and anything couldnt of asked for two better questions.

Sleep however :frown: I didn't know, guessed and just so happend to be right! WIPIEEEE such a hype!

Sure you all did fantastic.
LOVE YOU ALL
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 3985
What did people write for the relationship question about sexual selection??
Reply 3986
Original post by rosey76
you know for aggression?

did you have to write two social psychological theories of aggression?

i only wrote one will that be enough to gain good marks ?:frown:

Also for the gender question, how an earth could you get good A02 marks, like what to include?

yeah it asked for 1. i did slt as theres more to write.
Reply 3987
Original post by hhh123
Love the optimism!

Well I outlined slt then spoke about bandura and used about 3 evaluative points, including nature v nurture. I then outline deindividuation and spoke about zimbardo and evaluated that. Then I think I used about 2 Ida's :/ think I got about 7 for ao1 and maybe 7 for ao2..

I didn't talk about nature v nuture for SLT, just mentioned demand characteristics and culture differences in the !Kung San culture, then talked about deinviduation. There was so much to write about but I'm a slow writer and couldn't fit everything in. Hopefully it's enough for 13+
Reply 3988
It was ultradian wasn't it? If I was to mention blinking, breathing and sleep stages within the sleep/wake cycle that is right yeah? 5 people came out my exam saying they wrote about the menstrual cycle...>_< getting confused now.

Restoration of sleep...bleh. Could only remember Oswald and Horne. Not so great but last minute revision gave me their names haha.

Realtionships was awesome! My essay wasn't too structured but thank you to everyone who predicted that and put essays up! We never covered it in class so you really saved me! Love to you all!

Eating behaviour, I did obesity for my disorder and mentioned VMH, LH and leptin....got bit confused if this was right though. I couldn't for the life of me remember psyhological reasons... :P

The success and failure of dieting was waffle really lol. Only could really remember herman and mack so did tons of eval and threw in random stuff about weight watchers and stuff haha.

The exam was horrible but this thread saved me! Thank you guys!

Oh and I have tiny handwriting so got to the middle of the booklet

DJ
x
Original post by PieEatingHorses

Relationships & Aggression ACED everything I knew, all information down elaborated and anything couldnt of asked for two better questions.

Sleep however :frown: I didn't know, guessed and just so happend to be right! WIPIEEEE such a hype!

LOVE YOU ALL
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thats good (: atleast culture didnt come up XD

did u predict sleep?
i did eating behaviurs n all my predictions were right, quite surprised actually ! (:
Original post by Ishtiaq
okay this exam was so predictable! i pretty much knew these were guna come up! Although it seems a lot of you on here have done good so grade boundaries are going to be high i guess... :frown:
timing is a big issue! we need 2 hours

Not necessarily; we all did our research but I guess there will be quite a few candidates who didn't. Example, a friend of mine came out the exam not writing anything for the Relationships essay; he said a paragraph that didn't make sense.
I felt so bad for him but the reality of it is that some people will not have done very well.
I was told by my teacher who went on an AQA meeting or something that the grade boundaries can't go up significantly only 3/4 marks at max.
So if they had 45 marks for an A in Jan this year, it can only go to 48/49 apparently...
Reply 3991
Original post by PieEatingHorses

LOVE YOU ALL
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for posting your essays on here, I remember reading your sexual selection essay and it helped me in mine :smile: You're awesome
Original post by DrewJay
It was ultradian wasn't it? If I was to mention blinking, breathing and sleep stages within the sleep/wake cycle that is right yeah? 5 people came out my exam saying they wrote about the menstrual cycle...>_< getting confused now.

Restoration of sleep...bleh. Could only remember Oswald and Horne. Not so great but last minute revision gave me their names haha.

Realtionships was awesome! My essay wasn't too structured but thank you to everyone who predicted that and put essays up! We never covered it in class so you really saved me! Love to you all!

Eating behaviour, I did obesity for my disorder and mentioned VMH, LH and leptin....got bit confused if this was right though. I couldn't for the life of me remember psyhological reasons... :P

The success and failure of dieting was waffle really lol. Only could really remember herman and mack so did tons of eval and threw in random stuff about weight watchers and stuff haha.

The exam was horrible but this thread saved me! Thank you guys!

Oh and I have tiny handwriting so got to the middle of the booklet

DJ
x

You've posted that twice now?
Reply 3993
Original post by jfoster

started off with darwins theory of survival of sexiest.
2 types of sexual selection
gender differences in atractivness - buss
facial/body symmetry- singh
sexual enthusiasm clark and hatfield
human genitalia
overall evaluation
Stupid success/failure and restoration theory :frown: I think I revised enough that it was okay though. I'm still hoping for an A. I mixed up Horne and Oswald though, oops. Its just names at the end of the day so still got my fingers crossed.

For everyone panicking remember you only need 45 on average for an A which is 15 marks out of 24 on each question. I'm sure everyone did fine :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
Wrote for the whole exam! My hand cramped and I had shooting pains all the way down my arm :-( I couldn't open my hand properly for like an hour after haha
My questions weren't too bad (relationships, eating behaviour and aggression) how did everyone else find it? :smile:

Reply 3996
Original post by jfoster

Gave an introduction with darwins traits

then wrote about intra/inter

then evolutionary basis of attraction

then Buss's study

then said you could generalise

then supporting study by Dunbar

then said you couldn't generalise

then put ida of sexual bias, i.e hemosexual relationships crap

and then deterministic and oversimplified..

hope that was enough!!

ran out of time but could have writen so much more

small handwriting though so only wrote about 3 pages for this essay..

and booklet in total only 9... :/
lets all burn PSYA3 notes thank GOD we never have to do this horrible exam again even tho it ws a good paper, i died learnng the material, had mental breakdowns etc.

(:
Reply 3998
Original post by alexissocool
Not necessarily; we all did our research but I guess there will be quite a few candidates who didn't. Example, a friend of mine came out the exam not writing anything for the Relationships essay; he said a paragraph that didn't make sense.
I felt so bad for him but the reality of it is that some people will not have done very well.
I was told by my teacher who went on an AQA meeting or something that the grade boundaries can't go up significantly only 3/4 marks at max.
So if they had 45 marks for an A in Jan this year, it can only go to 48/49 apparently...

of course there is always a few people, however the majority found it pretty easy. and with regards to the grade boundaries they can change as high or low as they need be dependent upon the statistics on the overall results we attain.
Reply 3999
Original post by alexissocool
You've posted that twice now?

Computer froze and I was randomly pushing buttons. I think I hit back and then load. Sorry guys :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending