The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Toto! Clearly we have both been to Tesco's today. I spied the very same things. What a thrill.

Didn't buy the crazy desserts, but I did show my mum in an excited manner and literally a little crowd formed around me as I did so. I resisted though.

However I did buy a couple of the bars. The white chocolate one (because it said it had chocolate STARS. I love stars), and the 'chocolate extremist' (because I am extreme).

I'll let y'all know how they are, if anyone's interested :smile:
Reply 181
Original post by TotoMimo
Spied that exact range earlier, Dani! These?:

(I'm a mad spy-buy-kinda-guy)

That's them!! Not sure yet if they're More gimmick than gourmet but I shall let you know!

Guessing you didn't purchase?!
Reply 182
[QUOTlE]Toto! Clearly we have both been to Tesco's today. I spied the very same things. What a thrill.

Didn't buy the crazy desserts, but I did show my mum in an excited manner and literally a little crowd formed around me as I did so. I resisted though.

However I did buy a couple of the bars. The white chocolate one (because it said it had chocolate STARS. I love stars), and the 'chocolate extremist' (because I am extreme).

I'll let y'all know how they are, if anyone's interested :smile:

You bought the exact opposite ones to me! Be interested to know if yours are good as was a very tough choice to put back chocolate extremist!
Reply 183
Original post by dani_1991

You bought the exact opposite ones to me! Be interested to know if yours are good as was a very tough choice to put back chocolate extremist!

Ooh we can compare notes!
Reply 184
Spied... and also bought, taste tested and very much approved...
These were both from Tesco but I've spotted them in Morrisons as well

&

The 'Oh My! Apple Pie' one has real chunks of pie crust and apple pieces in it. It's possibly my new favourite - giving that I have an addiction to pastry.

The Vermonster is very much maple syrup based. Which is amazing. As long as you love maple syrup you will love it!
Reply 185
Sorry for the double post but I forgot to mention I spotted new Muller Crunch Corners the other day too.
They're Toffee Apple flavour and Cookies & Cream flavour.

I've tried them both out.. I'm really liking the cookies & cream one but it kinda reminds me of the mcvities digestive ones just without the chocolate coating on the pieces and they're a lot bigger too. You don't seem to get that many pieces either.
The Toffee Apple I was disappointed with.. I really wanted to love it because it sounded amazing but it was just kinda MEH. Not bad!! Not at all. But it didn't rock my socks off.

What do others think??
Reply 186
Original post by cloppy

Definitely!

Let me know, I await your report eagerly :smile:
Reply 187
Doing my daily 'food blog' troll, I came across this...

Chocolate Philadelphia... IN EVERY CHOCOLATE FLAVOUR!

DSC_1545.JPG

DSC_1549.JPG

(I feel obliged to state it came from http://foodette-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2012-02-24T13:57:00-05:00&max-results=7&start=14&by-date=false )
As much as I love you Dani, if u spend as much time on your degree as you food food blog trolling, you'll get a first class honours!!!
Reply 189
It's um... field research! :wink:
Reply 190
The "Cookie spheres" in the "muller cookies and cream" variant look suspiciously like Nesquik cereal...

hmmmmm.
Reply 191
Definitely!

Let me know, I await your report eagerly :smile:

Woohoo! Well here it goes..I've partaken in the white chocolate cookie one (cookie mon-star? I need to be more observant) and it was very delicious. Reminded me of a Hotel Chocolat mini slab thingy, very chunky and the white chocolate was really good quality. And it utilised the biscuit element correctly, none of this gritty crumb nonsense you see so often these days (galaxy cookie crumble, that would be you). Proper manly spheres of shortcake that actually tasted shortcakey. And the chocolate stars added some childlike whimsy to the whole affair.

All in all, very worth a purchase if you like white chocolate and biscuits (and stars of course, but who doesn't like stars?).

I shall patiently wait for your own analysis :smile:
Spied Dr Pepper zero today. Didn't buy cos..I don't actually like Dr Pepper. But I've never seen it before!
Reply 193
Original post by cloppy

So the rocky road one was nice... A tad disappointing, I'm not sure what I was expecting... But it was just marshmallow and chocolate with a bit of biscuit. Nice but not really great!

The gold digger one, however, BUY! it was the perfect combination of caramel, honeycomb and chocolate. Definitely recommended!!

So, you'd recommend both of yours? :smile: they're pretty pricey so I wanna be sure!
Mikado with Daim. Delicious. Quite expensive though, considering the original ones are on offer of 90p at Tesco.
Spied but did not buy because I'm a peanut butter lover, and also a wotsits fiend and I know I'd become very much addicted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 196
So the rocky road one was nice... A tad disappointing, I'm not sure what I was expecting... But it was just marshmallow and chocolate with a bit of biscuit. Nice but not really great!

The gold digger one, however, BUY! it was the perfect combination of caramel, honeycomb and chocolate. Definitely recommended!!

So, you'd recommend both of yours? :smile: they're pretty pricey so I wanna be sure!

The gold digger one sounds pretty sexual. Definitely going to get me one of them!

I haven't started on the chocolate 'extremist' one yet, but when I do I shall be sure to give you my expert observations. They are a bit on the unthrifty side!
^

What are these?
Reply 198
Chok a Blok chocolate slabs, Melissa, the one I took a picture of earlier on this page? X
Original post by Cake Faced Kid.
Spied but did not buy because I'm a peanut butter lover, and also a wotsits fiend and I know I'd become very much addicted.

I had these kinda things years ago in France, they are absolutely addictively divine. You were very smart not to get stuck on that path :h:

Quick Reply

Latest