The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dani_1991
You know these have been around years yaaa?

Even have Limited Edition flavours now?

The Vanilla flavour has been out for ages?

That's news to me.

I know there are the usual suspects including choc fudge brownie, banana and strawberry but I haven't seen this one before.
Reply 261
okay maybe not years but a little while :smile: maybe its just my local then!
Original post by TotoMimo

Also, Spied, DID NOT Buy - Greggs the Baker's new Toffee Popcorn Doughnut. Why? I can't imagine a WORSE texture combo than popcorn... and doughnut... together.

The Greggs superstar toffee popcorn doughnut is actually AMAZING. Looks wrong on so many levels but is amazing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 263
5052449340938_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg
Moroccan Inspired Beef Quarter Pounders With Apricot & Raisins

....What?!

DID NOT BUY.
Probably be nice Dani, a fruity element to cut through a big beefy burger is quite welcome. Just like an alternative to a pickle or sweet relish in there. Though, it depends how they've worked them in, I hope it's just flavour and not texture?

Still want to buy and try those "oddities" things.
Oddities are a bit of a let down- they're just meh, I had the cheese ones, just tasted like little jacobs cheese crackers tbh
Reply 266
I've had the cheese ones. They're so freaking DRY. Also the aftertaste is a bit... sour milky, didn't you think?
My friend at work really raves about the other flavour, BBQ I think it is. Are the packs generous? they look so small!
Original post by MelissaJayne
My friend at work really raves about the other flavour, BBQ I think it is. Are the packs generous? they look so small!

Smokey Bacon?
Reply 269
Not tried the bacon flavoured ones but the portions are surprisingly good - I think because they're so dry, you don't shovel them in. Take that as you will. Moreover and take note - the multipack bags are maybe only 2/3 to 3/4 the size of the single bags, though.
Reply 270
Original post by TotoMimo
Not tried the bacon flavoured ones but the portions are surprisingly good - I think because they're so dry, you don't shovel them in. Take that as you will. Moreover and take note - the multipack bags are maybe only 2/3 to 3/4 the size of the single bags, though.

Totes, you tried the new Orange Coco Shreddies yet?!
I bought Bacon oddities today so will let you all know la verdict
Tried them. I ate three, and then gave them to my step dad. SO DRY. My mouth was like a desert. And the bacon flavour seemed to be there for like, two seconds, then it just VANISHED. They're the annoying texture that gets stuck in your teeth too. Not a fan of oddities.
Original post by MelissaJayne
Tried them. I ate three, and then gave them to my step dad. SO DRY. My mouth was like a desert. And the bacon flavour seemed to be there for like, two seconds, then it just VANISHED. They're the annoying texture that gets stuck in your teeth too. Not a fan of oddities.

How odd.

:colone:
Original post by tehforum
How odd.

:colone:

Didn't see that one comin' :wink:

That's what she said.
Reply 275
The Vanilla flavour has been out for ages?

That's news to me.

I know there are the usual suspects including choc fudge brownie, banana and strawberry but I haven't seen this one before.

Haven't seen the Vanilla one. How does it taste like? Because the Banana is horrendous! ergh....
Reply 276
http://m.groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?skuId=910000441536&departmentid=1214921923813&aisleid=1214921925099&startValue=

White Chocolate brownies.... Interesting, never considered anything but chocolate ones! But didnt buy as I don't like white choc particularly!
Original post by kka25
Haven't seen the Vanilla one. How does it taste like? Because the Banana is horrendous! ergh....

Tastes like McDonald's vanilla milkshake.
Reply 278
Tastes like McDonald's vanilla milkshake.

So it should be :sexface: then.

:biggrin:
Reply 279
IDShot_225x225.jpg

Has anyone tried this yet? Looks potentially awesome!

And these...

IDShot_225x225.jpg
Chokablok Peanut Butter Nutter

- A cheeky combination of peanut butter ice cream swirled with rich caramel sauce & loaded with real milk chocolate drops. Smothered in Belgian milk chocolate & chopped roasted peanuts

Didn't buy either though I wanted to both!

Quick Reply

Latest