The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MelissaJayne
Ever the reliable! To be fair, I think regular Lion bars are a joy not to be fussed with. Or fudged with.

spied and haven't bought yet, those ainsley harriot pasta/cous cous things that come in the rectangle box? They look so..professional...

White choc Lion > original lion

Original post by TotoMimo
SPIED DID NOT BUY:

These badass-looking Golden Syrup Cornetto dealios in Farmfoods.

I lurve golden syrup - I need that ice cream in my life.
Reply 341
They were frighteningly low calorie too. Considering choc nut cornettos are 240 (single) or 200 (multipack), these were 156 each!
They were frighteningly low calorie too. Considering choc nut cornettos are 240 (single) or 200 (multipack), these were 156 each!

They're probably tiny
Reply 343
And you didn't buy?! Was up with thayttttt?!

I've also only JUST seen(via Asda online) that they have Toffee flavour KP dips! How have I not tried these?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dani_1991
And you didn't buy?! Was up with thayttttt?!

I've also only JUST seen(via Asda online) that they have Toffee flavour KP dips! How have I not tried these?!

they've been around years!

spied but haven't yet bought..hazelnut milk, if it's anything like the Almond...
Reply 345
Original post by MelissaJayne
they've been around years!

spied but haven't yet bought..hazelnut milk, if it's anything like the Almond...

I know! Where have I been?!
just went to my local Nisa..spied and DID buy..Garibaldi biscuits. Never had them but my mum always went on about them, just had one with a cup of coffee. So soft and fruity and juicy and NOOOOOICE
Reply 347
My favourite KP dip is and will always be the White Chocolate one, but my local only ever stocks the blue or brown (chocolate or toffee respectively).
Reply 348
Just been to Iceland- Greggs the bakers now have their own line of frozen pastries like they have in store... Only frozen!
Reply 349
Dani, sweetheart, you must live in a cave or something. They've had those the past year, but only started advertising them a couple of months back XX
Reply 350
*hangs head in foodie shame*
Reply 351
Dani honey, you need not hang the head. We love you. Doesn't matter when you discover a food, you get freakycited about it, and that is what it's all about!
Reply 352
Dani honey, you need not hang the head. We love you. Doesn't matter when you discover a food, you get freakycited about it, and that is what it's all about!

I feel sufficiently comforted, thank God you're back! :biggrin:
Reply 353
tub_packshot.png

Has anyone tried these yet?

Worth it?

Also, it may just be my living-under-a-rock again, but it seems Nestle are bringing out loads of ice creams? Caramac, Aero BubbleBall, and Crunch Bars. I make it my mission to try all before the summer is through. Well, if/when the sun comes out....
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 354
Sorry to be a douchebag (and actually use the word, "Douchebag") but the Nestle ones have been around since I was a tot - even longer than Mars and Snickers ice creams in the UK. One thing I will say is that they magically have less cals than even the most basic of choc ice which I find miraculous (caramac icies for 130!). You used to get the Caramac ones in Farmfoods back in the day for 50p a multipack!! In retaliation, Cadbury started bringing out their own bars, like Wispa ice cream bars, which are far better for you than their regular bars (210 for a Wispa and 140 for Wispa ice cream bar).

What I will say is... seek out Cadbury Fruit and Nut Ice Cream Bars, and Lion Ice Cream Bars. BLISS PLEASE.

Oh, and Chokablok? I've tried the "magnum-a-likes"; the Billionaire's Shortcake and Chocolate Lovers-esque ones - and I believe they're really rather good. Still, I would rather have a magnum or Haagen Dazs, but they're a nice change :biggrin:
Reply 355
Sorry to be a douchebag (and actually use the word, "Douchebag") but the Nestle ones have been around since I was a tot - even longer than Mars and Snickers ice creams in the UK. One thing I will say is that they magically have less cals than even the most basic of choc ice which I find miraculous (caramac icies for 130!). You used to get the Caramac ones in Farmfoods back in the day for 50p a multipack!! In retaliation, Cadbury started bringing out their own bars, like Wispa ice cream bars, which are far better for you than their regular bars (210 for a Wispa and 140 for Wispa ice cream bar).

What I will say is... seek out Cadbury Fruit and Nut Ice Cream Bars, and Lion Ice Cream Bars. BLISS PLEASE.

Oh, and Chokablok? I've tried the "magnum-a-likes"; the Billionaire's Shortcake and Chocolate Lovers-esque ones - and I believe they're really rather good. Still, I would rather have a magnum or Haagen Dazs, but they're a nice change :biggrin:

I'd rep you if I could. </3 Know that the thought is there!
I swear a customer walked past me today with ANOTHER new Aero mousse in her basket. They already bought out 3 ones recently, of which I rate highly..but it looked like another, it was a blend of mint and chocolate in a screwball style fashion I think?
ANOTHER thing I spotted, new ketchup, American style? Asda, £1..would be intrigued to see difference.
Reply 358
Screen-shot-2012-06-19-at-21.17.58.png

Tangerine Confectionery has embarked on a new licensing venture with ice cream maker Fredericks Dairies, to recreate their Sherbet Dib Dab as an ice lolly.

Bringing new product innovation to the market, the Barratt Dib Dab brand has launched itself into the iced refreshment category in the form of six pack lollies.

HELLS TO THE YEAH.
Reply 359
Interesting!! Dib Dab lollies could be good!!

And don't say I never give things a second chance. You lot always rant about Ryvita and I've always shunned it, because I genuinely think it tastes like cardboard when there are many other "low cal toasts" like Crispbreads, Crackerbreads, Melba Toast and Dutch Crispbakes around.

But in Sainsburys I spied what is essentially a "grown up healthy lunchables" Ryvita Lunch pack... and I've seen them before but now they're on sale at £2; so I got one. I shall review when I consume, soon...

Quick Reply

Latest