The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dani_1991
OMGAWDDD, gotta be tried!

I trust this was discovered in the faithful ASDA?

Would I advertise anywhere else? :wink:
Reply 381
Original post by MelissaJayne
Would I advertise anywhere else? :wink:

'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.'

Damn.
Original post by cloppy
I saw froot loops cereal in Waitrose today for a not-completely-extortionate price. Just casually there on the shelf. When I saw them I was so shocked I excitedly prodded what I thought was my mum's arm and said 'looooooook!' (it wasn't my mum sadly, it was someone else. Hashtag awkward)

It said limited edition on the box so I presume this is a tentative experiment to see if the UK will embrace froot loops into our collective bosom.

Will we?

awkward

yeah it is a trial period, until september to see if it sells
Reply 383
:eek: I neeed froot loops.
Reply 384
NISA have fruit loops for £1.34 on a UK half price SKU.
I think I saw Jammy Dodger cereal bars today.
I WANT TO TRY?

Omg! Sounds calorific... Or are they a pleasant surprise like chocolate weetabix bars and chewee bars?

I wouldn't bother - they are rubbish. They taste like nothingness except a block of very chewy sugar. I had them about a year ago and still remember the disappointment like it was yesterday :frown:
Reply 386
Original post by LinzyLoo
I wouldn't bother - they are rubbish. They taste like nothingness except a block of very chewy sugar. I had them about a year ago and still remember the disappointment like it was yesterday :frown:

Ah man really? So you like Weetabix cereal bats or Chewee cereal bars?
Most cereal bars are worth it with me, even ones that aren't my favourite..
they're still a joy
but ta for the heads up!
Reply 388
Most cereal bars are worth it with me, even ones that aren't my favourite..
they're still a joy
but ta for the heads up!

Kinda like the chocolate alpen light ... I'm a chocolate fan but somehow the fruit ones are so much better! Though I wouldnt say no to the choco ones lets be clear...
Reply 389
Ps, the UK Froot Loops are rubbish. The recipe is different to adhere to UK regulations so they taste like a bowl of NOTHING and are a bizarre size. Import the real deal.

Also hardly worth a "Spy it, Buy it?" entry are Maryland's new "Snapjack biscuits" spied in ASDA that look remarkably like something I've eaten, oh, SINCE TIME BEGAN.
Original post by TotoMimo
Ps, the UK Froot Loops are rubbish. The recipe is different to adhere to UK regulations so they taste like a bowl of NOTHING and are a bizarre size. Import the real deal.

Also hardly worth a "Spy it, Buy it?" entry are Maryland's new "Snapjack biscuits" spied in ASDA that look remarkably like something I've eaten, oh, SINCE TIME BEGAN.

I've had the honeycomb ones. They're actually pretty nice. They were more substantial than I imagined. And for 50p a pack? BOOM.
Reply 391
Cheerios are launching a new flavour in July, available in Tesco on the 4th for a £1 sum.

What is this exciting new flavour? Perhaps Dulce de Leche? Fruity Cheerios? Yoghurty? Any one of the exciting lovely American flavours?!

No. Chocolate. HOW disappointing.
Cheerios are launching a new flavour in July, available in Tesco on the 4th for a £1 sum.

What is this exciting new flavour? Perhaps Dulce de Leche? Fruity Cheerios? Yoghurty? Any one of the exciting lovely American flavours?!

No. Chocolate. HOW disappointing.

I'll pass on that.
Malty cheerios are the best.
Ah man really? So you like Weetabix cereal bats or Chewee cereal bars?

Yeah, they are both tasty! Although I don't really eat cereal bars much unless they have something extra to offer like being high in fibre (Kelloggs Fibre Plus or Alpen Light). But I do want to try EVERYTHING in the whole world so I have probably tried just about every variety available! Seriously though, the Jammy Dodgers ones were probably the worst ever. Like, worse than Tesco value ones.

If I was you, I'd probably have to buy them anyway just because I can't stand having not tried something... but at least you'll go in with appropriately low expectations now.
Wont they just be a bit like Weetos?
Reply 395
Precisely! And I bet it's like a FAIL of s chocolate flavour. I was SO hoping for the fruity ones.
Reply 397

Haha, I REALLY hope you're kidding V :P

Thing I don't get is, Curiously Cinnamon are EPIC munch material, but sticky finger syndrome is inevitable with them. On the go? If I had these on the way to work I'd have cinnamon fingerprints EVERYWHERE by the time I arrived.
Spied and did buy, to my peril, Soya Light milk. Almond milk went off offer so I was being cheap and trying another..I genuinely spat it back out as soon as it hit my mouth. Tasted like CHALK, was a blackboard short of primary school.
Also bought Sultana Bran, which I assume is just going to be bran flakes with sultanas. Can't go wrong..
Reply 399
The Grab to Go cereal bags are handy for lunch, definitely, and I've had all three varieties; you'd be surprised how many people "want tae nick one off ye". Though you're paying solely for convenience; better value to take pic a Pac or Kelloggs variety in your lunchbox.

If the Uk sultana bran is anything like the USA version, prepare for diabetes. They're sweeter than a puppy licking chocolate off a kitten's nose.

Though if the UK version of Froot Loops is any indication, they'll probably be mega blandsville...

Quick Reply

Latest