The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Spotted and purchased kinder mini hazelnut egg things. Shnock ems or something..amazing. Think kinder egg and bueno love child

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by MelissaJayne
Spotted and purchased kinder mini hazelnut egg things. Shnock ems or something..amazing. Think kinder egg and bueno love child

:drool:
Reply 582
Melissa, the Schoko Bons were one of my first ever food reviews, shortly before I reviewed the hazelnut Ferrero Eggs!!

SPIED, DID NOT BUY:

Dani, were THESE the slices you spied the other day? I noticed them on Saturday in my Tesco, but never thought to snap 'em, but after you reminded me....

SPIED, DID BUY:

Tabasco Chilli Chipotle Barbecue. I love all the wee offshoots of Tabasco; thus far, my favourites are Wasabi and the Habanero XXX one. This one was a bit... just okay.

Original post by TotoMimo
Melissa, the Schoko Bons were one of my first ever food reviews, shortly before I reviewed the hazelnut Ferrero Eggs!!

SPIED, DID NOT BUY:

Dani, were THESE the slices you spied the other day? I noticed them on Saturday in my Tesco, but never thought to snap 'em, but after you reminded me....

SPIED, DID BUY:

Tabasco Chilli Chipotle Barbecue. I love all the wee offshoots of Tabasco; thus far, my favourites are Wasabi and the Habanero XXX one. This one was a bit... just okay.

Just looked on your site to compare our opinions but can't find that review anywhere, found the other egg ones though. Now I want them too!
Reply 584
That's them Toto! I like the idea but likewise, I didn't purchase.
Reply 585
SPIED, DID INDEED BUY:

In Mr Simms. Jelly Belly Dark Chocolate-dipped Orange Beans. Sounds intriguing enough to lamp £2 on!

Weight Watchers chocolate chip cookies. 99p in Nisa, gave them a go. They're like, hard and dry? And I thought, oh, i'll dip them, that'll help..but then they just went gritty and still were somehow hard.
Reply 587
Melissa sweetheart, WHEN WILL YOU LEARN. Weight watchers minefield paiiiin.

LIST OF YUMMY WEIGHT WATCHERS THINGUMIES:
Apricot slices, chocolate brownie desserts, choc top iced puddings, choc digestive, beef casserole, Belgian choc puds, choc wafers, ocean pie, oven chips, banoffee cheesecakes, chicken tomato basil pasta, dessert recipe/citrus yoghurts, Tortilla wraps
Chicken chop suey, coconut cake slices

LIST OF DIRE WEIGHT WATCHERS MABOBS

Oat cookies, Tortilla Chips, Potato Rings, lasagne (hello, food here?!) chicken noodle soup, jars of casserole sauces, bagels, wheat loaves, ANY CHEESE PRODUCT, frozen salmon meals, chocolate cake slices(duhryyy), "whip dessert", jelly

You can add or change as you feel is applicable.
Their hot chocolate isn't too shabby!
Reply 589
Would you agree with the list otherwise? Some inconsistent ones- their some good, some bad fruit drinks for example...
I definitely would agree with them, though, I haven't tried all of them. I'd add Tomato soup to their list of bad ones too. The whip desserts literally taste like..air. I'm not sure where I'd put bread because it does taste like bread but it's basically just nimble loaf with an extra price tag.
I rate their frozen pouch meals though, the Chicken Chop Suey the best. Like you said.
Spied and didn't buy:

Strawberry Aero!

Spied and did buy:

White chocolate Lion bar and peanut butter Lion bar

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by outlaw-torn
Spied and didn't buy:

Strawberry Aero!

Spied and did buy:

White chocolate Lion bar and peanut butter Lion bar

:zomg:

I want.
Original post by Amhorangerdgerriug
:zomg:

I want.

I first had the white chocolate one in Bulgaria and didn't even know they sold it over here. I'd never even heard of the peanut butter one!

Both: nom.

Reply 595
Mr Simms sells the Polish and oddly, the UAE Lion Bars including double peanut, white fudge, peanut butter and dark! X
Reply 596
SPIED AND DID BUY:

Walkers DEEP RIDGE.
And JESUS EFF. They're REALLY that ridged. They make the crinkles in McCoys look POSITIVELY FRESHLY IRONED SHIRT in comparison. I CAN REST A PENCIL IN IT.

SPIED AND DIDN'T BUY:

Kettle Chips Kettle Tortillas.
How do you do corn tortillas in a kettle?! Hm.

I really fancied trying those ridged ones too. £1 ON OFFER IN ASDA BTW PEEPS. 99p is a nifty saving, just saying.
And why are they called kettle chips? I've never known..
The cheese and onion ridged ones are tasty. An obscure cheese and onion flavour, but nice. Not as strong as mccoys.

Reply 599
Original post by MelissaJayne
I really fancied trying those ridged ones too. £1 ON OFFER IN ASDA BTW PEEPS. 99p is a nifty saving, just saying.
And why are they called kettle chips? I've never known..

Yahoo answers had this to say:
kettle chips are called kettle chips because instead of frying them like they usually do potato chips they kettle cook them (bake them in a kettle).

Questionable but hey...

Quick Reply

Latest