The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Spied did buy cookies and cream multipack kitkats, very very good!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 981
Original post by LinzyLoo
What a haul at the weekend! First of all, from Sainsburys, hoisin duck crisps, Cadbury Nutty Caramel (was disappointed, the nuts were kinds stale and felt chewy. Is this normal?) And sweet apple and cinnamon popcorn. Already munched 2/3 of these purchases.

Next pic...(I'm doing this on my phone and not sure how/if it's working)

From B&M..Mackie's Arran honey mustard crisps. Mackie's crisps are AMAZING. Some Coles pasta sauce. This excited me because Coles is a big supermarket in Australia, like Oz's Tesco. I was in Australia in May visiting my friend and it brought back memories. Also everything is ridiculously expensive over there and I think that this imported sauce is actually cheaper in B&M than it is an Australia, which is odd. Annnnyway.... Also got some biscuits which have choc goo in the middle, like Quirks, but not crap. Except these taste like coconut, which I don't really like. Also tiramisu flavoured cake ball things (not tried yet) and a Pot Noodle I hadn't seen before. I don't really like Pot Noodles but I bought one each for me and the boyfriend as he loves them for some reason. Oh and a little chocolate crispy bar thing which was pretty rubbish, and white choc Crunch bar, which I know you can get here but I thought it might be different.

Pic 3.

The crisps Toto bought. The silton and port ones weren't veggie :frown: Sainsburys chocolate covered pretzels, M&S little mini squares (rubbish), white choc clusters, TUC paprika flavour (soooooo nice!!), veggie Colin the Caterpillar!! I knew Veggie Percy existed but veggie Colin is new to me. Excitement! And a Galler bar I haven't tried before.

Phew!

Had them Arran Mustard Mackies last week , flavour went right up my nose . B&M is great for oddball stuff , what B&m do you use? :tongue: I was in the Shawlands one last week , good stuff in there.
Original post by Fadedlady
Spied did buy cookies and cream multipack kitkats, very very good!

What are they like? I enjoy a kit kat, especially the dark chocolate ones - more so than milk, so I've not tried the cookies n cream one as can't imagine it tasting much different to regular milk chocolate
Original post by MelissaJayne
What are they like? I enjoy a kit kat, especially the dark chocolate ones - more so than milk, so I've not tried the cookies n cream one as can't imagine it tasting much different to regular milk chocolate

its damn good
Reply 984

It basically tastes like a normal Kit Kat with a very subtle twist to it... its not noticably cookies and cream flavour but still good if you like kit kat!
Reply 985
Don't you read toto eats the world, melissa?!
Reply 986

They're interesting, I think more flavoursome than a regular kitkat. My boyfriend eats like 3 in a sitting lol

Original post by scott125
Had them Arran Mustard Mackies last week , flavour went right up my nose . B&M is great for oddball stuff , what B&m do you use? :tongue: I was in the Shawlands one last week , good stuff in there.

Good, I love mustard so that's what I'm hoping for! Sadly those are the only items left from that huge haul - everything is has been munched already :frown: But I bought loads of cool stuff in the Polish shop yesterday (all of which is all gone now also, god how am I not fat yet)... B&M seem to be popping up all over the place now! I hadn't even heard of it until a few months ago. I go to the one in Linwood. It's been a good two weeks now so I think another visit is overdue... :P

They are better. I can take or leave Kit Kats generally. The regular milk choc ones are nice but a bit ordinary. But the cookies n cream one... oh yes :sexface:
Reply 988

Today in Tesco, SPIED DID NOT BUY.

WHY DOES THIS EXIST.
Reply 989
Wensleydale should only be with cranberries or apricots and nothing else, ever.It's sacriledge to wensleydale!!

Oh my Wallace would have kittens :eek:
That is insane, I love wensleydale with cranberries . Im really intrugued as to what that tastes like.
What's banoffee toffee? I thought banoffee was banana and toffee. So what's banana and toffee...and toffee? Yo dawg, heard you like toffee..
Original post by TotoMimo

Today in Tesco, SPIED DID NOT BUY.

WHY DOES THIS EXIST.

:eek::eek::eek:
AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Edit.....

Spied and bought these:

IMAG1686.jpg

Greek salad flavour Lay's!! They actually tasted exactly like greek salad, it was scarily accurate. Really tasty. That packet you see there is empty - I munched the whole bag in one go which shows how good they were. I also bought honey glazed ribs flavour (both were from the Polish shop). I didn't have time to translate all the ingredients at the time so I just bought them and hoped they would be veggie friendly (after all, most meat flavoured crisps are) but after 20 minutes of using the polish dictionary on my phone to type the ingredients into my translator app (and downloading a translator app) ...it turned out they had pork powder in them :frown: I gave them to the boyfriend and his flatmate. I also bought a wheel-shaped white choc wafer bar which was pretty chewy and stale, but I always find that chocolate from Polish shops is in really dodgy condition. I wonder why.....

Oh and also bought Snickers Peanut Butter Squared, one of my favourite choc bars of all time, and a Snickers Almond which was nowhere near as good. These weren't from the Polish shop.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 993

SPIED DID BUY, TESCO;

Mini Matchmakers and Yorkie MAN SIZE BUTTONS.

I love the fact they're MAN BUTTONS. As in, DOUBLE Y MAY NOT APPLY.
Reply 994
:O amazing!!!
I WANT THE BUTTONS. Where do I apply for a sex change?
Reply 998
SPIED DID NOT BUY, COSTA:

My sister was desperate for one of Costa's Honeycomb Festive Hot Chocolates, and though I hate Costa for being snobtastic snobcentral, even I couldn't contain my giddy geeky love for their...

GIGA CUSTARD CREAM AND GIGA BOURBONS. CHECK IT OUT!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

The second picture shows sense of scale; that's them on the top plate, on the bottom plate are full slices of "normal" cakes. GIGA.

I saw them in my local Costa a while ago..I've wanted to get them ever since. But the guilt, oh the guilt..

Quick Reply

Latest