The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TotoMimo
It's by large part the same. The trouble is with the Kit Kat Chunky and Senses ranges is that any with a "cream layer" have a disturbing, gritty granular "paste" texture that just seems wrong.
Whether it's hazelnut cream, caramel, fudge or whatever... it's always that... paste stuff.

Aye it's the same texture. The paste. Not saying that's a bad thing! I actually don't mind a good paste :tongue: but the double choc from last year tasted like nothing. Well, it tasted like chocolate. It was sooo bland, but it was as they said, double chocolate. Just a Kit Kat with more chocolate.

This choc fudge one on the other hand is more like an intense, burnt, creme brulée, butterscotch, dark brown sugar type thing.

I actually found myself liking the mint one the best which I did not see coming because I don't even like chocolate and mint together that much :s-smilie: They need to be more adventurous. I'm thinking white choc and raspberry, cherry jam, yogurt and strawberry, peanut butter and banana.... come on Nestle!

Oh, and spied and bought Cadbury Egg N' Spoon, the white (vanilla?) one. All 4 eggs are gone. They were good. But apparently the RRP is £3.99 which is MENTAL. They are nice, but not four quid nice. I got mine in Spar for £2.50 on special offer - get them while you can!
SPIED and want to buy..but yet to

Toffeepops and Shreddies chocolate orange limited edition
Reply 1182
Anyone else spied the new LIMITED EDITION SNICKERS in their local SPAR?

Exciting as hell. Wait until you hear what they are.

Which one will win??

SNICKERS MORE CARAMEL VS SNICKERS MORE NUTS.

Sigh. Basically, one has 20% extra caramel and the other, 20% more nuts, and you have to tell Mars which is awrsomer.

I vote GIVE US PROPER LIMITED EDITIONS ALREADY.
I saw these boxes in the warehouse at work, so they'll be out at ASDA very soon. I literally just tweeted about how ridiculous and unoriginal it is. Stupid re-invented food products, fail. To top off this outrage I asked Mum for a decent chocolate cereal, the woman brings me chocolate cheerios. F-.
Reply 1184
Oh, also, why wouldn't you buy Toffypops? You know they've been around since childhood days for a reason. I reckon it's because as soon as you open them, they MUST ALL BE EATEN.
The dangerous thing is they're always priced about 69p too, which is like a red rag to a bull.
Anyone else spied the new LIMITED EDITION SNICKERS in their local SPAR?

Exciting as hell. Wait until you hear what they are.

Which one will win??

SNICKERS MORE CARAMEL VS SNICKERS MORE NUTS.

Sigh. Basically, one has 20% extra caramel and the other, 20% more nuts, and you have to tell Mars which is awrsomer.

I vote GIVE US PROPER LIMITED EDITIONS ALREADY.

URGH! Sake Mars, we have ALREADY HAD BOTH OF THESE. Do they think we're stupid?! Or that we won't remember the Snickers More Nuts or the Snickers Maximus?? It wasn't even that long ago.
Oh, also, why wouldn't you buy Toffypops? You know they've been around since childhood days for a reason. I reckon it's because as soon as you open them, they MUST ALL BE EATEN.
The dangerous thing is they're always priced about 69p too, which is like a red rag to a bull.

I never tried them, I've only just seen them appearing at work. Will be sure to now though. Maybe you could review?
Reply 1187
YOU'VE NEVER HAD TOFFYPOPS?!!

JEEEEEEEE HEEE ZUZ!

You must try them! They've gotten smaller the past 15-20 years but the ratio of fudgy chocolate to genuinely decent toffee make up for the fact they too have had their shortcake "twixified" over the years!!
x

Original post by MelissaJayne
x

ToffyPops are pretty good!

But on a more important note - guys, I'm snowed in, having to revise all day, and you haven't replied to any of the other threads! I need to get my slaying on, or my heaven and hell! PLEASE?! :biggrin: (Not to sound desperate or anything...)
On another note, Special K Salt and Vinegar crisps are surprisingly good.
Reply 1190
Agree with the review then, Melissa?

Heheh.

Oh, and Dani, I'm sans computer on a work commute, posting via moe biles! X
Agree with the review then, Melissa?

Heheh.

Oh, and Dani, I'm sans computer on a work commute, posting via moe biles! X

Upon now re-reading it, basically word for word.
Reply 1192
Spied and bought:

On half price offer at 1.17. Just the stuff for this weather.

Spied the Pea and ham flavour, which looks revolting.
Original post by MelissaJayne
On another note, Special K Salt and Vinegar crisps are surprisingly good.

I still prefer Snackajacks, thoughts?
Original post by dani_1991
I still prefer Snackajacks, thoughts?

Oh yeah, obvs. Though I don't really count Snackajacks as crisps, more as fancy rice cakes.
Saw today in Pret they do 'Virgin Mary' crisps... Odd!!

(sorry if they've been out a while, I haven't been in there in a while!)
Probably a bit like a spicy tomato crisp? Sounds interesting.
Reply 1197
Spied and DID NOT buy in Superdrug;

WEETABIX ON THE GO BISKS.

They just seemed exactly like those Belvita Breakfast *******s Biscuits.
Also bought Hotel Chocolat 'Love-Me-Do Amaretto Marzipan', they sounded LUSH - 'Deeply authentic almond marzipan softened with a splash of amaertto liqueur'. Though I won't be having them - MEGA SAD FACE - as I bought them as a bribe to get my mum to pick me up from Uni this weekend!

Also bought that topcorn Skinny Metcalfe's stuff to try, Melissa, you were right! Delicious. I had the salt one, but looking out for other flavours now.
IDShot_225x225.jpg

OH GOD.

Will NOT buy.

Quick Reply

Latest