The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Melissa, I think this is one for you! ^^
Original post by outlaw-torn
uploadfromtaptalk1363993500520.jpg

Spied and bought: ASDA fruit crumpets. They were immense. Does anyone know if they are usually sold in store everyday? On the website it says product unavailable and I'm just wondering whether I grabbed them by chance in the reduced bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're baked in store ones so I guess most days you would be able to get hold of them, if they aren't out on the shelf go up to one of the bakery colleagues and ask them to make some!
http://www.luckys-online.co.uk/shop/

Lucky's products.

Really unique products!

e.g. Lucky's 'Honey Time' - Premium chocolate filled with moist honey cake with cinnamon and 5 spices, in 6 different flavours.
HT-01.jpg
NEW Peanut Bunny: 40% cacao milk chocolate filled with honey cake, crunchy peanut butter

NEW Late Latte: 40% cacao milk chocolate filled with honey cake & caffe latte ganache

Coco Rush: 60% cacao dark chocolate filled with honey cake & coconut marshmallow

Best-Sellers selection:

Award-winning Fancy Fudge: 60% cacao dark chocolate filled with honey cake & milk caramel

Lazy Rabbit: 40% cacao milk chocolate filled with honey cake, Bailey's ganache & walnuts

Nutty Delay: 35% white chocolate filled with honey cake, hazelnuts & praline
Original post by dani_1991
http://www.luckys-online.co.uk/shop/

Lucky's products.

Really unique products!

e.g. Lucky's 'Honey Time' - Premium chocolate filled with moist honey cake with cinnamon and 5 spices, in 6 different flavours.
HT-01.jpg
NEW Peanut Bunny: 40% cacao milk chocolate filled with honey cake, crunchy peanut butter

NEW Late Latte: 40% cacao milk chocolate filled with honey cake & caffe latte ganache

Coco Rush: 60% cacao dark chocolate filled with honey cake & coconut marshmallow

Best-Sellers selection:

Award-winning Fancy Fudge: 60% cacao dark chocolate filled with honey cake & milk caramel

Lazy Rabbit: 40% cacao milk chocolate filled with honey cake, Bailey's ganache & walnuts

Nutty Delay: 35% white chocolate filled with honey cake, hazelnuts & praline

I've seen theses. Longed for these. But are the worth the hefty price tag & delivery?
Original post by Viennaberry
I've seen theses. Longed for these. But are the worth the hefty price tag & delivery?

I just can't tell! It's like Alice in Wonderland style!

:coma:

Big cocktail sausage. Mmm!!

But at £2.50 for 6, I don't think i'll be buying them much :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1386
Spied a (branded) bacon and egg muffin in NISA that might be microwaveable
Original post by TotoMimo
With Easter coming up, seems Marks and Spencer's Mascots are getting more popular by the day - now they have their own "eggs"!!

Introducing COLIN CATERPILLAR (Hollow Milk Chocolate Colin, with some Mini Colin Cakes underneath)

And PERCY PIG ("Percy Pig Flavoured" White Chocolate Percy... ominous!)

INTRIGUE!

PERCY EGGS ARE AMAZING. IF YOU LIKE PERCY PIGS YOU WILL LOVE THE EGGS. Dont try and eat it in one sitting. you will be sick... so so so sweet
Reply 1388
SPIED AND DID BUY:

Kfc's "NEW RECIPE KRISPY FRIES". The new recipe replaced their old chips.

They put out a KFC Facebook campaign to see if they needed to make them more "McDonaldsy/Burger Kingsy". People by majority voted yes, and now they're rubbish, and totally lost the uniqueness. They are now just wannabe Maccy/BK fries, far higher in fat and calories, and with FAR less potato (more "fries" than "chips" now).

Disappointing, man.
SPIED AND BOUGHT Waitrose Easter egg with Haribo eggs embedded in the front. Well, my Dad's gf bought me it, but either way. It was good :biggrin:
SPIED AND DID BUY:

They put out a KFC Facebook campaign to see if they needed to make them more "McDonaldsy/Burger Kingsy". People by majority voted yes, and now they're rubbish, and totally lost the uniqueness. They are now just wannabe Maccy/BK fries, far higher in fat and calories, and with FAR less potato (more "fries" than "chips" now).

Disappointing, man.

Oooh, I was not aware of this! I couldn't stand the KFC fries before, so bland, which was a shame cause KFC is by far my favourite fast food place. Gonna have to use this as an excuse to visit them again soon :colone:
New Heinz Pastries being released too.
Reply 1392
(PS - My freebie came from Mars, so now my review of the Mars Malteser Teaser bar is available:

http://totoeatstheworld.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/mars-maltesers-teaser-bar.html)

Reply 1393
SPIED AND DID BUY:

Disappointing, man.

I always thought their fries were immensely underrated, it was nice that they were potatoey and non crispy. However the portion sizes are a joke - if you order a 3 peice meal it's literally 3 fries per chicken peice!
Reply 1394
Fuse, I thought it a bloody joke. I wanted CHIPS. Now, they're greasier, thinner and more like a fast food generic fry. In my opinion a bit of variation can't hurt but it seems the masses can't wait until all we have is one megachain called McKingFC Hut that does McDonald's fries and KFC chicken and BK beef.

Might as well just all wear the same outfit and all be called Bob.
Best...thread name...EVER!!!
(PS - My freebie came from Mars, so now my review of the Mars Malteser Teaser bar is available:

I'm now even more excited! Damn you! :biggrin:
Reply 1397

SPIED AND DID BUY:

Marks and Spencer Hollow Medium Eggs are now all reduced from £6 to £2.50. Just a heads-up!
SPIED AND DID BUY:

Disappointing, man.

I had a KFC snack box the other day. I was disappointed. The food itself was perfectly fine, but the restaurant had been redecorated. I used to cover my snack box in salt and ketchup, and eat it with the free plastic fork they have. I ordered my £1.99 snack box and the woman got one for me, packed to bursting with food as always (:biggrin:). I also asked for Ketchup as I knew you had to ask. I turned around to get some salt and a fork from the counter and they had gone. GONE. I had a look round but I couldn't find them. The queue was too long to queue up again just to ask for salt, so I walked out.

The salt and ketchup always made it taste much better!

But the chips were still the potato filled brittle ones. I like McDonalds ones too, but they are too floppy. I also like the Burger King ones, but they are too expensive IMO.

And someone said about the portion size- Yep. If you buy a meal with chips the portion size of the chips is a joke, there is hardly any. There is a little known thing on the menu called a 'Snack Box'. It's a decent sized box and they fill it right to the top with chips and your choice of chicken (Popcorn, Wings etc).It will fill you up! Best of all it's only £1.99, yes, £1.99!!!

You get sent free food? I'm not jealous... Not one little bit... ahem. I'm not...
Reply 1399
Original post by Runninground
I had a KFC snack box the other day. I was disappointed. The food itself was perfectly fine, but the restaurant had been redecorated. I used to cover my snack box in salt and ketchup, and eat it with the free plastic fork they have. I ordered my £1.99 snack box and the woman got one for me, packed to bursting with food as always (:biggrin:). I also asked for Ketchup as I knew you had to ask. I turned around to get some salt and a fork from the counter and they had gone. GONE. I had a look round but I couldn't find them. The queue was too long to queue up again just to ask for salt, so I walked out.

The salt and ketchup always made it taste much better!

But the chips were still the potato filled brittle ones. I like McDonalds ones too, but they are too floppy. I also like the Burger King ones, but they are too expensive IMO.

And someone said about the portion size- Yep. If you buy a meal with chips the portion size of the chips is a joke, there is hardly any. There is a little known thing on the menu called a 'Snack Box'. It's a decent sized box and they fill it right to the top with chips and your choice of chicken (Popcorn, Wings etc).It will fill you up! Best of all it's only £1.99, yes, £1.99!!!

You get sent free food? I'm not jealous... Not one little bit... ahem. I'm not...

So your branch still has the old chips? Man, I'm jealous. It'll change soon though as it's a nationwide alteration to change the "chips" to "Crispy Fries".

As for the Snack Boxes, I hear what you're saying, but they're really just chip-heavy meals. To call them "Snacks" is a bit rich for me - I could never land 700 calories on a "snack", but that's my own opinion of course.

Quick Reply

Latest