The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

I've yet to fine the vanilla dusted pumpkin seeds in an M&S other than the one I found them in in Brighton! And yes they were nice, but not quite worth the distance!

But for anyone that sees them, buy em! They're lovely!
I could really do with more protein in my diet, so I've bought these from Holland and Barrett. :ahee:

image.jpg

BTW, I should add that I'm NOT on the Atkins diet. I haven't heard loads about it, but from what I have heard about it, it sounds dodgy and I'm too slim to want to try it even if it wasn't.
Reply 1782
Spied and did buy

Not new or anything.. but just not something i'd typically buy.

Revolting :frown: The dog liked them though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Cinnie
Spied and did buy

They don't even look nice, TBH (judging from the crisps on the packet). :lol:
Reply 1784
Original post by Platinum Mech
They don't even look nice, TBH (judging from the crisps on the packet). :lol:

Im surprised you can see the picture - its just a little 'this-picture-isn't-working square' on my screen, odd
Original post by Cinnie
Im surprised you can see the picture - its just a little 'this-picture-isn't-working square' on my screen, odd

I can still see the pic perfectly fine, so it sounds like it might be due to some problem with your computer rather than the pic itself.
Original post by Cinnie
Spied and did buy

What really?!?! I love the beetroot crisps in the big bags of vegetable crisps? Did they just taste funny or you not a veggie crisp fan?
Reply 1787
Original post by dani_1991
What really?!?! I love the beetroot crisps in the big bags of vegetable crisps? Did they just taste funny or you not a veggie crisp fan?

It was one of those 'I don't like the taste of beetroot but I really want to like it so i'm going to force myself to' moments... I couldn't :frown: Shame though, I used to hate olives, but kept eating them anyway, and now I love them!
Original post by Cinnie
It was one of those 'I don't like the taste of beetroot but I really want to like it so i'm going to force myself to' moments... I couldn't :frown: Shame though, I used to hate olives, but kept eating them anyway, and now I love them!

Ah, I see... probably not your thing then! The other ones in vegetable crisps are nice too if that helps? Maybe you went all beetroot a bit too eagerly :P Mix it up a bit :biggrin:

Or, you know, just stick to Pringles, the safe option! :smile:
Reply 1789
Original post by dani_1991
Ah, I see... probably not your thing then! The other ones in vegetable crisps are nice too if that helps? Maybe you went all beetroot a bit too eagerly :P Mix it up a bit :biggrin:

Or, you know, just stick to Pringles, the safe option! :smile:

consoled myself by making my own carrot crisps :smile:
Reply 1790
SPIED AND DID BUY: THESE NEW HOISIN GLAZE CHICKEN KEBABS 100-CAL SNACK PACK, TESCO.

As an alternative "side" to my lunch (as opposed to a bit of fruit or wee bag of crisps), this seemed like a done deal and a lot more interesting, too. I'll munch them t'morrah. :biggrin:
Oh wow, they look grand! Will be looking out for those
Saw these in Tesco the other day, had to buy:smile:
Image033.jpg
Mini raspberry ripple meringues! Was so happy that these were veggie:P were gorgeous and chewy.

Also an impulse buy in Boots:
Image035.jpg
I've actually been after these for a while... I'm a Marmite superfan. Just about to try them, so will let you know what they're like.

(Sorry, don't know how to make the photos bigger.. And my brick Nokia phone is responsible for the poor picture quality!)
Reply 1793
Original post by porridgeandrhi
Saw these in Tesco the other day, had to buy:smile:
Image033.jpg
Mini raspberry ripple meringues! Was so happy that these were veggie:P were gorgeous and chewy.

Also an impulse buy in Boots:
Image035.jpg
I've actually been after these for a while... I'm a Marmite superfan. Just about to try them, so will let you know what they're like.

(Sorry, don't know how to make the photos bigger.. And my brick Nokia phone is responsible for the poor picture quality!)

Ah, those meringues look good!! The latter item though? Well, I think my sketch sums that one up...

Spied and tried (my colleague bought them with her lunch) M&S fish and chips crisps. I can't even begin to describe how awful these are. I wouldn't recommend them to my worst enemy! Sorry for the lack of picture, I was too disgusted by them to remember to take one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spied and did buy strawberry Tracker cereal bars. I apologise if they aren't new but I'd never seen them before and I'm a bit of a cereal bar fiend. I hate nuts with a passion so I don't eat the regular old chocolate chip Trackers but these strawberry ones have no nuts and are DELICIOUS. 8/10 would eat again.
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Spied and did buy strawberry Tracker cereal bars. I apologise if they aren't new but I'd never seen them before and I'm a bit of a cereal bar fiend. I hate nuts with a passion so I don't eat the regular old chocolate chip Trackers but these strawberry ones have no nuts and are DELICIOUS. 8/10 would eat again.

I've never tried the strawberry Tracker bars (I'm generally not that fussed about strawberry as a flavour of anything), but I love white chocolate chip Tracker bars. :biggrin:
Reply 1797
SPIED AND DIDN'T BUY: BARNY CHOC AND BARNY CREAM.

These wee cakes have been on Tesco's shelves for about two months now but this week, they're part of their POS with a reduced £1 price tag. Apparently the "cream" flavour tastes like a superior Twinkie.
^ They're another of the new products I put out in ASDA on Sunday down biscuit aisle. I thought twinkle too!
Reply 1799
I'm sure those little bear cakes have been around on the continent for yeeeears. Or at least I remember having something very, very, very similar on holidays to France as a kid.

Quick Reply

Latest