The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: TotoMimo's Magical Munchie Makers!

Scroll to see replies

I love love LOVE glazing my carrots with coarse brown sugar and then roasting them, serve alongside a nicely roasted bit of chicken and some greens or any other meat.

my ingredient is cheese triangles
Reply 181
Why, DEVILLED EGGS OF COURSE!

Hard boil eggs, cut in half, scoop out the yolk, mix it in a bowl with your cheese triangles with your choice of: Chives, Spring Onions, Bacon Bits, Mayonnaise, Paprika, Black Pepper, Fine Diced Onion - or anything you fancy - then pipe delicately back into the egg white "Boats".

NOM!

My ingredient is LEMONADE!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 182
Add that Lemonade to Jelly and you got your childhood back for a while :biggrin:

Ingredient: Plumed tomatoes
I saw Rick Stein make an awwwwesome looking salad, fresh tomatoes in season, quartered. Add salt, add some pickled cauliflower and chilli, some plum tomatoes on top. Simple yet looked good!

my ingredient is smoked haddock
A good ol' fish pie.

My ingredient is....red peppers!
Original post by alexsasg
A good ol' fish pie.

My ingredient is....red peppers!

Fajitas! Lovely chicken fajitas.

My ingredient: Paprika
Reply 186
I love some of the totally inspired recipes; "What do I do with jam?" "SANDWICHES NEXT ANSWER" hahaha!

Anyway, I'd say make Paprika and Garlic Clam balls; also works with squid or prawns.

Take minced clams (or seafood of choice), ground crackers, finely diced onion, chilli and green pepper, some parmesan, Lea and Perrins, ground garlic, salt, pepper, and of course, a hearty dash of paprika. Use an egg to bind.

Mix all of the ingredients together with the whipped egg to form croquettes (I find this shape cooks best but spheres would work too), and then roll them in either ruskolene, regular breadcrumbs, or (hear me out) finely smashed Cornflakes.

You can either deep fry or shallow fry these, obviously the latter requires more attention.

Serve them up with tartare sauce and a nice salad for a damned good starter.

MY INGREDIENT IS: PEPERAMI!
Reply 187
One of my favourite student recipes is a pepperami and pepper (the vegetable, not the condiment) omelet...
Just cut the pepperami into tiny chunks, and the pepper into small squares and chuck in an omelet :smile:

Ingredient: Babybell
Reply 188
Babybel doesn't lend itself well to cooking. It doesn't melt evenly (splits and goes greasy) and it's too fiddly to get any viable quantity of it effectively.

My suggestion is actually a "Garbage Snackfood Salad"; to get some mixed salad leaves, pine nuts, cherry tomatoes and chop up some Babybels into the tossed salad; perhaps adding some chopped Pepperami or Wicked Pig Hogtails in with it.

MY INGREDIENT IS: HARD BOILED EGGS.
Soft bread soldiers with lots of nice butter :biggrin:
MY INGREDIENT IS
Jalepeneos
Reply 190
I could say Chilli Con Carne but that would be boring.

How about... Chilli and pineapple souffle? (Masterchef rip off, ya)

Bringing forward;

Cooking apples!
Reply 191
Simple! Apple crumble :biggrin:

Ingredient: marshmallows!
I'd make rocky road!

My ingredient is....spinach!
Original post by dani_1991
Simple! Apple crumble :biggrin:

Ingredient: marshmallows!

s'mores! Sweet crackers, mallows, chocolate sauce. What more???

Ingredient: Canned crab
Reply 194
Slice up some mango, get some iceburg lettuce and some mint sauce. Add in that crab and you got yourself one tasty salad. Prawns/Lobster also make a good addition.

Spinach: Spinach Lasagne :smile:

Ingredient: Fudge
Reply 195
There's only one thing that can take beautiful Dairy Butter Fudge and make it any better;

Using it in MILLIONAIRES FUDGE SHORTCAKE (simply substitute the caramel for softened fudge). BEWARE THOUGH. This is as rich as it is waist-raping!

My ingredient is: OATS!
Reply 196
Flapjacky goodness!!!

And if you're feeling thin; spread some chocolate on it to set, OR even mix some nutella inta the mix.

Ingredient: Sliced Mushrooms
Original post by dani_1991
Flapjacky goodness!!!

And if you're feeling thin; spread some chocolate on it to set, OR even mix some nutella inta the mix.

Ingredient: Sliced Mushrooms

Chuck em in a steak & ale pie :biggrin:

Ingredient:
Milky Bar.
Reply 198
Quite simply, melted down, then coat some fresh raspberries in them and serve in a warmed croissant. BLISS.

MY INGREDIENT IS: BAILEYS!
Original post by TotoMimo
Quite simply, melted down, then coat some fresh raspberries in them and serve in a warmed croissant. BLISS.

MY INGREDIENT IS: BAILEYS!

mmmmmmmhmm... Baileys cheesecake!

My ingredient: popcorn!

Quick Reply

Latest