The Student Room Group

Higher history PLEASE HELP!!!

I have my prelim on tuesday and i'm really panicking!! topics we have covered are german unification, hitler and migration and empire. what do i need to cover for the essays? how do i plan them before i go in? and what do i do if i go into my prelim and don't know the answer?? please help im really struggling!!
Reply 1
Original post by shopaholic x
I have my prelim on tuesday and i'm really panicking!! topics we have covered are german unification, hitler and migration and empire. what do i need to cover for the essays? how do i plan them before i go in? and what do i do if i go into my prelim and don't know the answer?? please help im really struggling!!

OK, what you need to do first is be calm. That is the most difficult part.

Secondly you need to see that history higher is just lists of things. So for German Unification it's just a list of 4 or 5 things each with their own paragraph that say why Germany became unified when it did.

3 reasons might be the zollverein (the great lever of German unification) Bismarck (the iron fist in the velvet glove) and the successful wars with France and Denmark. Just give the reasons, explain the context and say why it helped unify Germany.

For the rise of Hitler then some reasons might be things like the anger over the Treaty of Versailles, the stab in the back myth, the great depression and hyperinflation and perhaps even something about Hitler's undoubted skills in whipping up an audience.

I hope that's helpful, if you go in and simply don't know the answer and you've revised all the topics you've covered in class then stay calm and reread the questions. It maybe won't be evident at first glance but if you've covered everything it will be there!
Reply 2
thank you this really helps!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending