The Student Room Group

How to get grade 7s?

I have a few questions. How do I get grade 7/8s in triple science, business, history, higher maths, eng lit and lang? Also do year 10 mocks really matter?
Original post by Mtisboss
I have a few questions. How do I get grade 7/8s in triple science, business, history, higher maths, eng lit and lang? Also do year 10 mocks really matter?

year 10 mocks dont matter at all its just a indicator to where ur at currently. To get 7s and 8s just revise all the content early for science business and history. For maths do past papers weekly. For eng lit and lang watch mr everything english (he really helped for lang) Hope that helped

trip- freesciencelessons with questions
english lit and lang- mr salles (ive got grade 9 analysis/context flashcards on macbeth and an inspector calls from mr salles and mr everything english- lmk if you want them)
yr10 mocks don't matter at all yr11 mocks have some value for sixth form but yr10 mocks, well every exam really is an indication as to where you are

English lit and lang is really just practice I think and seeing where you go wrong and how you can improve (as well as looking at exemplars and the mark scheme), it's useful to look through revision notes for maths (I felt that to be really useful for improving my grades) but it's mostly past papers, for science I would make an Anki deck for things you're not sure about for each science, add things whenever you get them wrong and just go through it all the time, as well as obviously looking through notes doing past paper questions (can't advice on business and history tho)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by dahlia06
english lit and lang- mr salles (ive got grade 9 analysis/context flashcards on macbeth and an inspector calls from mr salles and mr everything english- lmk if you want them)
yr10 mocks don't matter at all yr11 mocks have some value for sixth form but yr10 mocks, well every exam really is an indication as to where you are

bestie we have a physics exam tmr what are we doing here 😭
Original post by harlz_chalamet
bestie we have a physics exam tmr what are we doing here 😭

STOPP im on spotify :frown:

for our school our year 10 end of year exams and our year 11 mocks results are going to be on our sixth form application (because we apply end of 2022 so we don't have any gcse results yet)
Original post by dahlia06

hey i know i'm not the original thread poster but if you don't mind could you please send me your inspector calls flashcards? i'm struggling so much with that haha
only if you don't mind though :smile:

Heya! That is a good question! I know it may see difficult but with enough hard work and motivation, I am sure you'll be able to achieve those grades! To begin with, I would recommend looking over your revision technique - is it effective? Make yourself a timetable and allocate maybe around 2 hrs per day for revision for specific subjects e.g. Maths on Monday and etc. For mocks and GCSE I would just recommend just doing lots of past papers :smile: Here is some past paper resources which you might find helpful especially for triple sciences!

Year 10 Mocks are a good indicator where you currently stand and how well you understand the subject so far (which is helpful for GCSE final exams and A-Levels in the future though the a-levels will be harder!) Russell Universities do tend to look at your GCSEs as well just to make sure you are a good canditate but A-levels I would say are more important so don't worry too much about it. However doing good in GCSEs will show Russell Universities that you are a good canditate with history of excellence which will help you with your application.:smile:

Hope this helps and Good luck!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Year 10 mocks don’t really matter, mine were totally different to my final results which were much higher. these were my fav revision techniques:
science - use seneca and do every past paper you can and look at the methods on the mark schemes.
history - learn all the content and facts as well as essay structures
maths - PAST PAPERS, maybe hegarty maths if your school has it
english - essay formulas, different literary methods and quotes for lit
Reply 10

Yh they do
Original post by username4158250
I know you are not talking about me but can I have that grade 9 analysis/context flashcards on Macbeth and inspector call?
If yes( which I really hope but you don’t have to)
You can put the link by replying me back???

Quick Reply

Latest