Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unpopular Food and Drink Opinions

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Contrad!ction.)
    I'm one of those pineapple on pizza kinds of people. Some think it has no place on a pizza. I disagree.
    Couldn't agree more. It adds a whole other dimension!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i hate avocado but am fond of mushrooms cooked or raw
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luna.)
    Couldn't agree more. It adds a whole other dimension!
    I also like burgers with a slice of pineapple in them.

Or two. :coma:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Contrad!ction.)
    I also like burgers with a slice of pineapple in them.

Or two. :coma:
    I've never had this!!
    *takes mental note*
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love broccoli and cabbage in all forms! Oh, and I can't stand the thought of rare/medium rare meat, i prefer steak totally burnt to a crisp so you have to chew it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhaworth)
    haha fair enough. I don't really like fried eggs, but poached taste really similar to boiled
    Ah okay, maybe I'll try one some day then. As long as they're not slimy it'll probably be okay
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i HATE potatoes (that arent chips or crisps) and beans and mushrooms and courgettes and eggs....etc!! it's the texture that I can't stand....:eek:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mars>Twix.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like to cook rice until it goes sticky and soft and clumpy. I do this by not stirring it and overcooking it. Yum.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonPi)
    I like to cook rice until it goes sticky and soft and clumpy. I do this by not stirring it and overcooking it. Yum.
    This isn't particularly unpopular, it's just uncommon. Steaming rice without stirring it is standard practice in most asian countries, especially Thailand.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chocolate makes me sick!
    Alcohol, well this has to be the worst drink ever made!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    This isn't particularly unpopular, it's just uncommon. Steaming rice without stirring it is standard practice in most asian countries, especially Thailand.
    Nice. My flatmate did mention that sticky rice has a name for itself and is cooked like that in some places...

Still, it's not very popular with another flatmate who insists it should be stirred, and my fiancé must be physically stopped from stirring it.
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonPi)
    Nice. My flatmate did mention that sticky rice has a name for itself and is cooked like that in some places...

Still, it's not very popular with another flatmate who insists it should be stirred, and my fiancé must be physically stopped from stirring it.
    To be fair standard boiling is quicker so I use it occasionally. When I steam my rice I use a 2:1 ratio of water to rice, bung it in a saucepan then bring to a simmer together with the lid on. With the horrific oven I have in my flat, it can take up to 45 mins for the water to fully evaporate =P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hate philadelphia cheese. it is the only food other than marmite that I will not eat
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cornflake and ketchup butties are absolutely divine.

Ice cream is disgusting.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Peas>Carrots
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haggis is delicious.

Pork products, as a general rule, are not. The exceptions are: pepperoni/salami/other spiced type things like that, smoked sausage, frankenfurters and some sausage rolls (just not the cold ones where the meat tastes like Play Doh). Bacon, ham, gammon, normal sausages etc. make my stomach turn!

(Basically I only like overly tampered with pork)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Garlic sauce on kebabs is WRONG
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chutney - My GOD chutney - bleh! horrible horrible stuff even the word chutney brings a shiver to my spine!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Parsnips > All other veg

Chocolate > Any other food, would eat nothing but chocolate if I could live a healthy life doing so

Super noodles > Epic meal

Dunno how unpopular these are, just my opnion but we'll see

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 13, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.