The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want cake now. :frown: WOuld love a cake splashed in homemade icing.

Does anyone else make icing just to eat straight from the bowl?

No, okay...me neither. :colondollar:
Reply 3981
Original post by Koalagate
Wow, this is very tempting...:tongue:

9-12th. :smile: You? (You probably said already but I forgot. And trawling back through the pages of cake in the thread is effort.)

5th-7th - I'm not going to end up trying your food :frown:
Original post by tooambitious
:laugh: how many compsciphils are there at Hertford?
Oooh, I've played a bit of ultimate before, love it! Yes, Hetfrd has a good rep and my friends seems to be enjoying it too :smile:

Well, half of those doing compsci and phil are at Hertford, so a staggering 4 of us :biggrin:.

I'm not good enough at maths :getmecoat: but I've seen those kinds of question in the thinking skills book, maybe they'll come in some form at interview
Gah, there are so many oxford courses that appeal to me on reflection, but I think E&M was the right choice :smile:
You have any regrets?

short answer is I'm really liking the course, the long answer will appear in a pm shortly :tongue:
Reply 3983
Ah yes, I doubt I'll do very well there so...:tongue:
Yes, I remember I was around there for a MK or two.
I quite like this :moon: one as well :tongue:

I always doubt I'll do well, but I missed it last year because of illness, and two years in a row would be pretty crap. :lol:
:moon: Is nice, it's how I convey nostalgia all the time. I would put it in my sig with my favourite quotation, but I think the picture compliments it enough. :moon:

What do you think?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3984
Original post by eelnais

I have done this before. :tongue:
Original post by Arva
I have done this before. :tongue:

Yay!
Original post by eelnais

Of course not. What sort of a nutter would do that? *very shifty eyes*

Original post by Arva
5th-7th - I'm not going to end up trying your food :frown:

Oh no. :frown: I'd probably be arriving a few days early anyway (my dad lives there) but hmm, you guys would probably still be gone by the time I got there on Friday evening...
Original post by Arva
I always doubt I'll do well, but I missed it last year because of illness, and two years in a row would be pretty crap. :lol:
:moon: Is nice, it's how I convey nostalgia all the time. I would put it in my sig with my favourite quotation, but I think the picture compliments it enough. :moon:

What do you think?

I don't talk about last years maths challenge...
It makes everything you say much 'deeper' as well :tongue:

No, what you have now is best definitely
Reply 3988
Of course not. What sort of a nutter would do that? *very shifty eyes*

Oh no. :frown: I'd probably be arriving a few days early anyway (my dad lives there) but hmm, you guys would probably still be gone by the time I got there on Friday evening...

A parent who lives in Oxford? :teeth: You lucky thing, it's such a nice city.

Still, if I get in I'll be glad to not have any family about then :lol:
Reply 3989
I don't talk about last years maths challenge...
It makes everything you say much 'deeper' as well :tongue:

No, what you have now is best definitely

Does that mean I can't even ask why you don't want to talk about it? :tongue:

It really does. :moon:

:smile: I really love seafaring novels, exploring the world and all that stuff :moon:
Original post by Arva
Does that mean I can't even ask why you don't want to talk about it? :tongue:

It really does. :moon:

:smile: I really love seafaring novels, exploring the world and all that stuff :moon:

Urmmmm, ah, eek, pff

Spoiler

peek if you must

Indeed :moon:
I am crazily into fantasy novels, have to had time to read any in a while though :frown:
Reply 3991
Urmmmm, ah, eek, pff

Spoiler

peek if you must

Indeed :moon:
I am crazily into fantasy novels, have to had time to read any in a while though :frown:

:eek: :console: What happened, just an off day or something?

So am I, and I haven't had the chance to read any in ages, or any good recommendations. :moon:
Tomorrow we will have to share some suggestions! Right now I'm going to bed though, night :smile:
Original post by Arva
:eek: :console: What happened, just an off day or something?

So am I, and I haven't had the chance to read any in ages, or any good recommendations. :moon:
Tomorrow we will have to share some suggestions! Right now I'm going to bed though, night :smile:

I have no idea, things like this make me think I'm not very good at maths :s-smilie:
We've probably read all the same ones :tongue:
G'night, I'm gonna finish this sealant of dexter and try to get over my writers block!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3993
Original post by geditor
Not good. :/ Does anyone know when we get our results back and when we are told if we have an interview or not? :smile:

You only get results if you ask our college for them. Interview invitations go out in the 2nd half of November, and varies a good bit by college.
Reply 3994
Hi,is there any physics applicants that applying material science as a second choice course?Probably this year there are few applicantions to the material science and they are encouraging physics applicants to apply material science as second coice.
Odd request: if people in this thread all got some kind of avatar I would find it much easier to navigate these mind-bending cake-related discussions. ありがとう! :ahee:
7 pages till I last commented yesterday. :s-smilie:

What has got into everyone?! :eek:
Original post by fluteflute
But I'm sure it'll be fine, if I didn't I'd be trying to change course!

Never too late to become a MathPhil. I know you're one at heart.
Original post by elliot17
Not weird, more slightly fat haha :P oh well :smile:
Yeh same, I'm worried about being completely devastated, I would get over it but ya know xO it'll be even worse if I don't get an interview :O

P.S. you've said you're gonna leave about 4 times now... Haha

Haha, but it's understandable of course, cake is great! :wink:
I know, I'm really beginning to worry now. I don't know though if it be worse if you get invited to interview so you actually get to experience a bit of Oxford and then you don't get an offer :frown:
I know I did... but eventually it happened :biggrin:

I'm a special person. :biggrin:

I won't poison you guys, I promise!

It's fine, burning chocolate is surprisingly easy (I've done it before).

Latest

Trending

Trending