The Student Room Group

Possible to get into Oxford with A*ABB?

Hi everyone,
I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of these, but if I were to apply to Oxford (computer science mcomp) for summer 2024 entrance, would I get a chance with A*ABB assuming I passed the mat and interview? Is it worth re-applying for my unconditional-but-currently-deferred uni for a chance at oxford?
Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I'm sure you'll be getting a lot of these, but if I were to apply to Oxford (computer science mcomp) for summer 2024 entrance, would I get a chance with A*ABB assuming I passed the mat and interview? Is it worth re-applying for my unconditional-but-currently-deferred uni for a chance at oxford?
Thanks!

What subjects are each of those grades in?

Oxford ask for A*AA for MCompSci. Many, many students who meet or exceed the entry requirements don't get offer. The chances of getting an offer when you don't meet the entry requirements are very slim indeed. Sorry. :frown:
Reply 2
Hi everyone,
Thanks!

Maths and Comp is one of the most competitive degrees at Oxford, and those grades don't match the standard offer. Never say never as applications are considered holistically and everyone has a chance to take the MAT, but what you've described so far doesn't make for the beginnings of a competitive application.
Reply 3
Hi everyone,
Thanks!

r u inernational or
i'm not sure about the chances, but i would apply if i were you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending