The Student Room Group

Would I get into Oxford with my GCSE grades?

I'm currently in Year 12 and am hoping to apply to Biomedical Science at Oxford. I originally wanted to do Medicine at Cambridge but since I switched to BioMed and Cambridge doesn't offer the course so, I chose to aim for Oxford.

The issue is, is that I don't have the best GCSE grades (I know they're good but maybe not Oxford-par). As I know that Oxford takes GCSE grades into consideration for interviews I'm pretty sure, I don't know how much of a chance I'll have.

My grades were: 999888776

And this may be a bit random but since I'm fsm and will take part in programmes such as uniq online and sutton trust online, would that more likely to land an interview?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm currently in Year 12 and am hoping to apply to Biomedical Science at Oxford. I originally wanted to do Medicine at Cambridge but since I switched to BioMed and Cambridge doesn't offer the course so, I chose to aim for Oxford.
The issue is, is that I don't have the best GCSE grades (I know they're good but maybe not Oxford-par). As I know that Oxford takes GCSE grades into consideration for interviews I'm pretty sure, I don't know how much of a chance I'll have.
And this may be a bit random but since I'm fsm and will take part in programmes such as uniq online and sutton trust online, would that more likely to land an interview?

You do have a chance, so please apply!!! :biggrin:

Also. read this: Contextual data | University of Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by thegeek888
You do have a chance, so please apply!!! :biggrin:
Also. read this: Contextual data | University of Oxford

Omds I haven't read that so thank you!!
Original post by Anonymous

Good luck I am also hopping to get into Oxbridge I have similar grades to you good luck!!!
Reply 4
Original post by not_hawaii
Good luck I am also hopping to get into Oxbridge I have similar grades to you good luck!!!

Good luck to you too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending