The Student Room Group

Oxford DPhil Education 2024

Hi there! Starting this thread for anyone else who has applied to the DPhil in Education! I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview, and hoping to meet others in the same boat while we wait!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alyssa99
Hi there! Starting this thread for anyone else who has applied to the DPhil in Education! I'm still waiting to hear back about an interview, and hoping to meet others in the same boat while we wait!

No news from them but it seems like they've already sent out interview invites based on the Grad Cafe posts I've read. All of them are for master's though but they sorta indicate the department is already interviewing.
Reply 2
Yes, I've saw some of those.. hoping they've just decided to interview the master's students first.

I just saw a guy post his interview for DPhil on Gradcafe but he did say fall 2025... I imagine that's a typo tho.
@Alyssa99 were you able to get prior approval from 2 potential supervisors?
Reply 4
if by approval you mean two supervisors who showed interest and were willing to have me put their name down then yes 🙂 also one of them worked with me on my proposal to fine tune it before I sent it off
@Alyssa99 I didn't get any help from them 😅 they just told me to write the proposal because they were going on holiday
Reply 6
Original post by NeverHere20
@Alyssa99 I didn't get any help from them 😅 they just told me to write the proposal because they were going on holiday

Oof brutal, im sorry ☹️ to be fair i had to really keep after my supervisors
Grad Cafe submissions say they've been emailing DPhil invites since 5 Feb
Applying for Part-time, heard nothing yet...
Reply 9
Got my interview invite today 🙂 interview will be Friday at 11:30 am

Hoping for good news for all those still waiting!
Congrats! I'm assuming I'm getting a rejection since they haven't sent me anything.
Any updates?
Reply 12
Hey! Had my interview today and it went well I think. Something which may be of interest: they said they are wrapping up DPhil interviews by February 23, which means there may still be hope for those who haven't gotten interview invites yet, as they seem to give the invites on mon/tue and the interview itself for the end of the week. Following this, they said there is a maximum of 4 weeks after Feb 23 for them to communicate results to candidates, so we're looking at all results coming out by end of March at the very latest. Good luck all!
Original post by Alyssa99
Hey! Had my interview today and it went well I think. Something which may be of interest: they said they are wrapping up DPhil interviews by February 23, which means there may still be hope for those who haven't gotten interview invites yet, as they seem to give the invites on mon/tue and the interview itself for the end of the week. Following this, they said there is a maximum of 4 weeks after Feb 23 for them to communicate results to candidates, so we're looking at all results coming out by end of March at the very latest. Good luck all!

Thank you for the info! I'm glad your interview went well! Fingers crossed.
Hi guys, glad to see fellow dphil education applicants!
The applications (full-time) have reopened as per the website - is this something to worry about?Do they reopen applications usually?

I have had no interview email as yet.

Best of luck to us all!
Had my interview today. Was only told about the interview yesterday morning. So just one day to prepare. It went okay, I think. There were moments they were trying to get me to think more, but I feel I haven't really 100% elaborated enough. Oh well. I guess that's why I wanted to study more... My interview was about 40 minutes. Fingers crossed.
Original post by Anonymous #2
Had my interview today. Was only told about the interview yesterday morning. So just one day to prepare. It went okay, I think. There were moments they were trying to get me to think more, but I feel I haven't really 100% elaborated enough. Oh well. I guess that's why I wanted to study more... My interview was about 40 minutes. Fingers crossed.
Hope it works out! Fingers crossed:smile:

If you don't mind me asking: Did you receive an email (in inbox or junk folder) or was the application platform updated as well?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Hope it works out! Fingers crossed:smile:

If you don't mind me asking: Did you receive an email (in inbox or junk folder) or was the application platform updated as well?
it was an email from one of the professors.
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous #2
it was an email from one of the professors.
Thank you!Best of luck!
Original post by d_ais4
Thank you!Best of luck!
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending