The Student Room Group

DPhil Healthcare Data Science Oxford

Is anyone doing or has done this program? I have just been offered an interview and they said it would be 30 minutes but not much else... What experience have people had with this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by crl910
Is anyone doing or has done this program? I have just been offered an interview and they said it would be 30 minutes but not much else... What experience have people had with this?
May I inquire that when did you submitt the application?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by crl910
Hi! I’ve applied at the march deadline as they have re-opened applications. I haven’t heard anything yet about interviews but I Guess it’s too soon, I don’t know how to help you but I was hoping to find someone with experience too! Do you think we should expect computer science specific questions?
Original post by crl910
I was also offered an interview. When is/was yours? How quickly do you think we might hear back?
Hi guys! I have an interview for the healthcare data Science program in a week, I was just wondering if your interviews were technical? Just to know if I should focus on studying or is if it’s more like others DPhil program interviews I had focused on my presentation and aptitude to the program, can you give me some insights?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi guys! I have an interview for the healthcare data Science program in a week, I was just wondering if your interviews were technical? Just to know if I should focus on studying or is if it’s more like others DPhil program interviews I had focused on my presentation and aptitude to the program, can you give me some insights?

May I ask about your timeline please?
Original post by lyf720
May I ask about your timeline please?

I applied on march 1st and was offered an interview about two weeks later
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #2
I applied on march 1st and was offered an interview about two weeks later

Thanks! Just submitted and fingers-crossed.
Hi guys, applied on 2nd March, and my application was only ready for assessment on 7th March. When should one expect interviews or the "upload" button to disappear? And for those that has done interviews, would you guys mind sharing how the interview went and the questions asked? Thanks in advanced! Best of lucks to all applicants!
I applied on March 1st, received an interview invite on March 14th. Had my interview on March 19th. Was told in my interview that results would come out in ~ 2 weeks (so the week of April 1st?). It looks like they're still taking applications though so not too sure how closely they're following that timeline.
Original post by Anonymous #4
I applied on March 1st, received an interview invite on March 14th. Had my interview on March 19th. Was told in my interview that results would come out in ~ 2 weeks (so the week of April 1st?). It looks like they're still taking applications though so not too sure how closely they're following that timeline.

Thanks for the information and hoping the best for your results. Would you mind sharing when your application became “ready for assessment” as well?
Original post by Anonymous #3
Thanks for the information and hoping the best for your results. Would you mind sharing when your application became “ready for assessment” as well?

Same day I submitted (March 1st).

Congrats! How did the interviews go? Could you share a thing or two regarding the interviews, maybe the questions to expect?
But this is Easter Holiday week, so may be a week later.
Applicant here! The famous upload button said to indicate whether a decision has been made disappeared for me on Thursday. Will update on the results!
Original post by constructive-cru
Applicant here! The famous upload button said to indicate whether a decision has been made disappeared for me on Thursday. Will update on the results!

What was your application/interview timeline like? :smile:
Original post by aeron134
What was your application/interview timeline like? :smile:

Sure! Haven’t had an interview invitation yet, though. I applied on precisely the 1st of March (at night time in the UK), and my application only became ready for assessment on the 6th of March as the referees I attached had completed it on that date. The upload button disappeared on Thursday, 27th of March, but I haven’t received any emails or changes after that date, which may be due to the Easter Holidays.
Given the course is still open for applications with no sign of closing soon, I'll be interested to see when the early applications start receiving replies (positive or negative). I wonder if they'll leave middling candidates (I expect that I fall into this category) in limbo whilst waiting to see if any stronger ones apply, or whether at a certain stage they'll assume this is as good as it'll get and fill their offer quota.
I personally applied by the March 1st deadline, interviewed on w/c 18th March and was told to expect a response in 2 or 3 weeks, which suggests responses should have at least started going out by w/c 8th April (next week) at the latest. Will update here when I hear back either way, as I'm sure we're all going a bit mad by now!
Someone received an offer on the main Oxford postgrad thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7403852&p=99314313&page=194#post99314313
Original post by Anonymous
Someone received an offer on the main Oxford postgrad thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7403852&p=99314313&page=194#post99314313

I did see that though it seems they didn't apply through the standard route, so not necessarily indicative of anything relevant to most of us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending