The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7980
Oh my god, I've just realised a mistake in my interview! :cry2: :afraid:
So I've had my law interviews in the last 2 days, and going home tomorrow... this experience was so surreal! I guess all my reading was for nothing, and the worry of being scrutinized about my personal statement because frankly I was never asked anything I knew or my passion for the subject, or in anyway had to defend my personal statement.

But even so met some really nice people-don't know how the interviews really went but if they want me they want me if they don't they don't

can't believe its like over...all that anticipation- and its all over... just wish i didn't get so nervous!
Original post by LawApp2013
So I've had my law interviews in the last 2 days, and going home tomorrow... this experience was so surreal! I guess all my reading was for nothing, and the worry of being scrutinized about my personal statement because frankly I was never asked anything I knew or my passion for the subject, or in anyway had to defend my personal statement.

But even so met some really nice people-don't know how the interviews really went but if they want me they want me if they don't they don't

can't believe its like over...all that anticipation- and its all over... just wish i didn't get so nervous!

Which college was this?
Had the same experience, but I had 3 interviews (Brasenose). My personal statement was only mentioned briefly once at the start of my first interview.
Reply 7983
congrats to everyone who has done interviews and best of luck to those who've got them in the next week or so - how did everyone's go? what kind of stuff do they ask? has it put you off oxford or made you even more keen for it?
Oh, and I left my hairbrush in Oxford :sad:
Reply 7985
Original post by No Illusions
I'm also really worried that I'm going to talk too fast... because apparently that's a thing Americans do... and I talk really fast even for an American... :colondollar:

Don't worry too much. Some of the people running the interviews are fast-talking americans too :wink:
Original post by Arva

Lovely to meet you too :h:

What happened?

Berry - the same question!!!

Fast talker - don't worry. My tutor says one of her main memories from my interview was that I talked REALLY fast in German.

International worrier - my college husband had just the one Skype interview.

Everyone - :hugs:
Glad many of you are having a lovely time :h:

Exhausted :coma: but a nice physical exhaustion for a change, not a oh-my-god-essay-due exhaustion. :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by berryripple
Which college was this?
Had the same experience, but I had 3 interviews (Brasenose). My personal statement was only mentioned briefly once at the start of my first interview.

How did you find the interviews overall? I thought it went terribly but most people I talked to felt the same.
Both interviews at Lincoln are over. :eek: The tutors were all lovely, but no idea how I have done at all! Now just gotta wait and see if tomorrow brings me a second college interview.
Original post by berryripple
Which college was this?

At Wadham...in my first interview I had to read a short made up statute and apply it to different situations and was challenged etc... and in my second i was given situations and had to actually make up a statute and alter it as I was questioned. I don't really know how i did...personally i think it was mediochre to not oxford standared... they're really good at not letting you knw what they're thinking..

What did your interviews entail?
Reply 7990
Original post by such_a_lady

What happened?

:h: Oxford people are so much friendlier than normal people. Much more interesting too.
I'll PM you in case someone still hasn't had their interview yet. :tongue:

But I really feel I've ****ed up massively there. :sad:

And I really really really (ad infinitum) want to get in, especially after today. :frown:

:hugs: for you too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by eelnais
Both interviews at Lincoln are over. :eek: The tutors were all lovely, but no idea how I have done at all! Now just gotta wait and see if tomorrow brings me a second college interview.

I feel the same, not a clue how I've done! also, bit awkward, not sure I know who you are yet! Will have to try tomorrow before we all leave!
Reply 7992
Original post by Arva

This is probably useless to say, but.....don't torture yourself!! You are being interviewed as a prospective student! The interviewers are comparing you to other students, and all of you are under tremendous stress. They know that you have made, and will continue to make many many mistakes :sadnod:. What they want to know is what sort of learner you are, and if you love their subject they way that they do. Go home, tell people about it, then let it go and get into Christmas mode ASAP, knowing that you you gave it your best shot.
Reply 7993
Original post by DCDude
This is probably useless to say, but.....don't torture yourself!! You are being interviewed as a prospective student! The interviewers are comparing you to other students, and all of you are under tremendous stress. They know that you have made, and will continue to make many many mistakes :sadnod:. What they want to know is what sort of learner you are, and if you love their subject they way that they do. Go home, tell people about it, then let it go and get into Christmas mode ASAP, knowing that you you gave it your best shot.

That, sir, is exactly the kind of attitude we all should take! You deserve some vodka :P

I am so excited by tomorrow's flight I can't even sleep! Good luck, everyone and hope to meet you all soon :smile:
Reply 7994
Original post by DCDude

But I may have another interview tomorrow (I find out at 9), and I'm terrified if I do, because I'm nervous and know I'll make mistakes now. :s-smilie:
Original post by Arva
But I may have another interview tomorrow (I find out at 9), and I'm terrified if I do, because I'm nervous and know I'll make mistakes now. :s-smilie:

There are two possibilities.
1) The mistake matters. Now you have nothing to lose, so stop being nervous.
2) The mistake doesn't matter. Now you're not as bad as you think, so you have no reason to be nervous.

I appreciate that's quite an oversimplification, but try and stay positive! You're clearly passionate, don't let little things get you down and do your best! :smile:
Original post by AtomHypothesis
Can someone add me to the stalker list? Maybe I can give a little hope to everyone else who f-ed up GCSEs...

AtomHypothesis
Subject: Human Science
College: St. John's
GCSEs: 2A* 2A 4B 1C 1D (trololololololol)
AS subjects: Maths, F Maths, Bio, Chem, Physics
AS grades: AAAAA
A2 Predictions: (dropped bio) AAAB, already achieved, B in chem
Interview? Yes

Yep, that's exactly how I feel too (about the GCSEs)
Original post by SecretGarden
oh why? :frown:

Also, out of pure interest, how did everyone find the English interviews???

absolutely terrible
Original post by such_a_lady

What happened?

Berry - the same question!!!

Fast talker - don't worry. My tutor says one of her main memories from my interview was that I talked REALLY fast in German.

International worrier - my college husband had just the one Skype interview.

Glad many of you are having a lovely time :h:

Exhausted :coma: but a nice physical exhaustion for a change, not a oh-my-god-essay-due exhaustion. :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sorry I was just wondering if you could tell me a little bit more about your college husband's admissions experience? And what he's studying and at what college? It's just that I also am international and only had one Skype interview and well... I'm not feeling very great about it at all lol. Thanks so much!
Reply 7999
Hey guys, do you know that if Oxford sent me an email and told me be there for 10am, do I have an interview at that time specifically? Or do they just want me to be there earlier??

Latest

Trending

Trending