The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Hi can someone add me to the stalking page please? Thanks :smile:

Subject: Physics
College: Worcester/LMH/undecided
GCSE: 5A*, 3A, 1B
AS subjects: Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Spanish, Additional Further Maths, Chemistry(AS only)
AS Predictions: AAAA(A already known in both physics and chemistry)
A2 predictions: A*A*A*A*A
Notes: EPQ
Original post by elliot17
Hi can someone add me to the stalking page please? Thanks :smile:

Subject: Physics
College: Worcester/LMH/undecided
GCSE: 5A*, 3A, 1B
AS subjects: Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Spanish, Additional Further Maths, Chemistry(AS only)
AS Predictions: AAAA(A already known in both physics and chemistry)
A2 predictions: A*A*A*A*A
Notes: EPQ

WOOSTA WOOSTA WOOSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :woo: :party: :crazy:

:getmecoat:

:ninja:
Hey, can someone add me to the stalking page please? I'm scared I'll mess it up :tongue: Thanks

Subject: Portuguese and Linguistics
College: Magdalen
iGCSE: 5A*, 4A, 1B
AS Subjects: Portuguese, English Language, Psychology, Biology
AS Predictions: AAAA
A2 Predictions: Not sure yet
Notes: Grade 5 Flute, Speak Portuguese fluently (lived in Portugal), Debate team, Partial scholarship for college
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1783
Hi, I don't know how to add myself to the stalking page, so could someone help me out? Thank you!

Name: Chi Nguyen
Subject: French and Czech
College: St Edmund Hall
GCSEs: 8 A*s, 2As, and one predicted A* (not done yet)
AS subjects: English Literature, French, Latin, Maths, Fine Art
AS predictions: AAAAA
A2 predictions: None
Notes: Grade 7 Piano, Grade 5 Music Theory, Grade 3 Modern Dance, Silver D of E, Academic Scholar at school, School Guard Commander, fluent in Czech and Vietnamese (only in speaking though), Vice President of EcoSoc committee in MUN (just a title...)
(edited 11 years ago)
Also can somebody add me to the page? I have no idea how to do it and will probably ruin it!

Subject: History & Politics
College: Trinity
GCSE: No Australian equivalent
IB Subjects: History HL, English HL, Biology HL, Maths SL, Psychology SL, French SL
IB Predictions: (In order) 7, 6, 7, 7, 6, 7
Notes: (Edit after the post a further down) NONE :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sezzasays
Also can somebody add me to the page? I have no idea how to do it and will probably ruin it!

Subject: History & Politics
College: Trinity
GCSE: No Australian equivalent
IB Subjects: History HL, English HL, Biology HL, Maths SL, Psychology SL, French SL
IB Predictions: (In order) 7, 6, 7, 7, 6, 7
Notes (Only a couple, won't list them all): Debating, MUN, very extensive sport involvement, Tennis coach

Yay, another Australian applicant! :hi: Are you flying over to Oxford if you get an interview?
Original post by Aeonstorm
Yay, another Australian applicant! :hi: Are you flying over to Oxford if you get an interview?

:biggrin:

Nope, I don't intend to. It's too far, too expensive, for too short a time and will probably be at too short notice. The fees if I get in are enough! I hope the college will be happy to do it over Skype.

What about you?
A word about the notes column in the stalking page. Notes Are not extra curriculars, notes are for other academic things that don't go anywhere else, so for example of you're doing the EPQ or if you won an essay competition
Original post by Miss O.C.D
Hey, can someone add me to the stalking page please? I'm scared I'll mess it up :tongue: Thanks

Subject: Portuguese and Linguistics
College: Magdalen
iGCSE: 5A*, 4A, 1B
AS Subjects: Portuguese, English Language, Psychology, Biology
A2 Predictions: Not sure yet
Notes: Grade 5 Flute, Speak Portuguese fluently (lived in Portugal), Debate team, Partial scholarship for college

Yay Magdalen!!

Original post by tooambitious
A word about the notes column in the stalking page. Notes Are not extra curriculars, notes are for other academic things that don't go anywhere else, so for example of you're doing the EPQ or if you won an essay competition

She's right. Put this in big writing :tongue:
Original post by such_a_lady
Yay Magdalen!!

She's right. Put this in big writing :tongue:

I might get zoedotdot to out it in the first post, because that's the only way people will (almost) definitely not be able to ignore it :tongue:
Original post by Zoedotdot
For all those applying to Oxford for 2013 entry.

Oxford Applicants Stalking Page

Please add yourself to the page, or post your details in the thread with a request to be added if you think you'll break the wiki :smile:

Could you possibly add this to the first post: A word about the notes column in the stalking page. Notes Are not extra curriculars, notes are for other academic things that don't go anywhere else, so for example of you're doing the EPQ or if you won an essay competition

Merci :biggrin:
Reply 1791
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
WOOSTA WOOSTA WOOSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! :woo: :party: :crazy:

:getmecoat:

:ninja:

You really do love your college don't you, you're on every other page talking about it! :smile: haha
I do like the look of Worcester, though I've only seen it from the website cos I couldn't go to the June open day. Do you know what it's like for physics? :smile:
You really do love your college don't you, you're on every other page talking about it! :smile: haha
I do like the look of Worcester, though I've only seen it from the website cos I couldn't go to the June open day. Do you know what it's like for physics? :smile:

I know someone who interviewed there for Physics and it's a long shot but I could ask them if you like? :smile:
Original post by sezzasays
:biggrin:

Nope, I don't intend to. It's too far, too expensive, for too short a time and will probably be at too short notice. The fees if I get in are enough! I hope the college will be happy to do it over Skype.

What about you?

I'm gonna go over, I wouldn't mind the trip to Oxford to just see what it is like, even if I don't get in. Plus I think the interview will just be more authentic in person. Anyways, I understand your concern, the fees are pretty massive. I think I'll be working full time at one of my parents' companies next year if I do get a place, to help pay the fees.
Reply 1794
Original post by such_a_lady
I know someone who interviewed there for Physics and it's a long shot but I could ask them if you like? :smile:

Yeh sure if you think it would help, I just wanted to know if the tutors are alright :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Unsure about applying to Oxford (waiting for Results Day to make that decision :P ) but I'd like to be added to the stalking page, I know that I'll somehow destroy it if I try it myself xD

Subject: Medicine
College: Worcester/St. Johns
GCSE: 8A* 2A
AS subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish
A2 predictions: A*A*A*
Notes: EPQ, Finalist in the Peterhouse Essay Competition, British Biology Olympiad and participant in Imperial Science Challenge.

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Original post by Larry31
Unsure about applying to Oxford (waiting for Results Day to make that decision :P ) but I'd like to be added to the stalking page, I know that I'll somehow destroy it if I try it myself xD

Subject: Medicine
College: Worcester/St. Johns
Definitely St John's :wink:

I note from your signature you seem keener on Cambridge though :tongue:

My best friend did Physics there and seemed to really enjoy herself. I'm not sure how much she uses TSR these days but let me try quoting her anyway.

laeti
:hi:

Potential Woosta Physics applicant! :ahee:
Original post by fluteflute
Definitely St John's :wink:

I note from your signature you seem keener on Cambridge though :tongue:

I presume you're a Johnian then xD I do really like St. Johns, I was especially impressed with the look of the accommodation :biggrin: but then Worcester has a lake....it's so damn hard to choose xD
Ah well I am pretty keen on Cambridge, but after May exams I very much doubt that I have the UMS that they're looking for. I was put off Oxford at first by the fact they only interview around 30% of med applicants whereas Cambridge interview 90%, but now I'm not so sure xD

EDIT: I have amended my sig to prevent further confusion :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Larry31
I presume you're a Johnian then xD I do really like St. Johns, I was especially impressed with the look of the accommodation :biggrin: but then Worcester has a lake....it's so damn hard to choose xD
Ah well I am pretty keen on Cambridge, but after May exams I very much doubt that I have the UMS that they're looking for. I was put off Oxford at first by the fact they only interview around 30% of med applicants whereas Cambridge interview 90%, but now I'm not so sure xD

EDIT: I have amended my sig to prevent further confusion :biggrin:

Choose Woosta! Tiz the best college by far. Unbiased opinion :yep: :ninja: :ahee:

Latest

Trending

Trending