The Student Room Group

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Lizzylu
Is there a Warwick offers day? I thought they told us to keep a certain date free but cant remember when it was and haven't been sent anything yet... thanks!

There is, but it's later in the year. IIRC it's for unconditional offer holders only.

Also I think it is still yet to happen. It is definitely after the 9th May as that's when I had to make a decision on UCAS by and I remember thinking it was a bit annoying having to choose before having a proper look around both medical schools that had offered me a place.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 381
Original post by adsyrah
There is, but it's later in the year. IIRC it's for unconditional offer holders only.

Also I think it is still yet to happen. It is definitely after the 9th May as that's when I had to make a decision on UCAS by and I remember thinking it was a bit annoying having to choose before having a proper look around both medical schools that had offered me a place.

Aaaaahhhh thanks, I still have to get a 2:1 which is going to be insanely difficult for me on my current average, so am already thinking of contingency plans if i don't get the grade...
Original post by adsyrah

It's in July, by which point all the conditional offers will either become unconditional or missed AFAIK.
Original post by Crystalline
Anyone who is in their second year ,is going to graudating next year and is applying for 2013 entry medicine? Just checking how many people who are in the same position :colondollar::tongue:

Me too! :smile:
I handed in my notice at work yesterday. I'm on 3 months notice and then am going to take August off to do nothing. It's all getting really real now!
Did anyone get that letter from student finance today...seems like they are a bit more on the ball!
Original post by nearlybled2death
I handed in my notice at work yesterday. I'm on 3 months notice and then am going to take August off to do nothing. It's all getting really real now!

Wow 3 months notice! That is plenty of notice. Can't believe its 3 months until August that is so scary :eek:
Yeah I'm planning to go on holiday in August before I start. What date do you start medical school. I start on September 17th, i'm excited & nervous!!
Original post by groovyangel2008
Wow 3 months notice! That is plenty of notice. Can't believe its 3 months until August that is so scary :eek:
Yeah I'm planning to go on holiday in August before I start. What date do you start medical school. I start on September 17th, i'm excited & nervous!!

Thankfully my workplace have known since I got my offer last Feb. that I was leaving this year so it's almost like working 18months notice! I know - where does the time go!

I start on 4th September and am alternating between hyperactively excited and down right terrified!
Original post by me, myself and I
Me too! :smile:

hows revision for exam going?
Im still stuck in the library studying :frown:
Original post by Witty Username
Me! :smile:
Original post by Waterstorm
Me! :smile:

how have revision and you guys been? starting to get nervous for upcoming exams man!!!!!!!:eek::eek:
how have revision and you guys been? starting to get nervous for upcoming exams man!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Yeah, had one yesterday and one today - 5 left to go. Wasted all evening after a stressful last 2 days, but need to get back into the work tomorrow. When is your first exam?
Yeah, had one yesterday and one today - 5 left to go. Wasted all evening after a stressful last 2 days, but need to get back into the work tomorrow. When is your first exam?

woa mate your exams are real early!Mine are in a couple of weeks time! :colondollar:
But I haven't even finished my revision for the first exam #panic attacks

:s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie: Had an exam today, got 4 left. Dreading the rest!
hows revision for exam going?
Im still stuck in the library studying :frown:

omg, am so stressed it's unreal. have had deadlines until now so haven't really got into hardcore revision mode yet and my first exam is in just under 2 weeks :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: feel SICK!!! so much to do.
what degree are you doing currently and where are you thinking of applying? :smile:
i'm doing physics at the moment and considering Manchester (UG), Warwick, King's, Newcastle and perhaps Soton too :smile:

good luck with all your revision. we can do this!
omg, am so stressed it's unreal. have had deadlines until now so haven't really got into hardcore revision mode yet and my first exam is in just under 2 weeks :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: feel SICK!!! so much to do.
what degree are you doing currently and where are you thinking of applying? :smile:
i'm doing physics at the moment and considering Manchester (UG), Warwick, King's, Newcastle and perhaps Soton too :smile:

It's worrying im not stressed in the slightest for my exams and im final year :/ never ben stressed over exams... i wish i was sometimes!!

I am doing the course most medics used as their 5th option:tongue: Biomed science.
Oh no I have no idea which school I want to apply to tbh ! I'm probably only going to do proper research on it after exams:biggrin:.

YEAH! Hopefully we all get the grades to get in to medicine:tongue:
Reply 396
Original post by manupalace
I'll be applying but I'll be doing it during my gap year, I am graduating this year and was rejected by my only choice (SGUL) this year.

Yeah, I am. Actually can't find too many in the same position :tongue:

Me too :smile:
Hi, I am keen on pursuing medicine and I'd like to clear UKCAT for 2014 entry. I was wondering if anyone would be interested to form a study group. If yes, kindly let me know. Thanks.
Original post by shanaznasheer
Hi, I am keen on pursuing medicine and I'd like to clear UKCAT for 2014 entry. I was wondering if anyone would be interested to form a study group. If yes, kindly let me know. Thanks.

You need to do the ukcat then in 2013... No need to study this far ahead :smile: if im back in the uk to apply for 2014 entry ill be studying then!
So I'm one of those people lucky enough to have an offer for the GEP course starting September 2012. I just have a quick question really regarding the fees. So I received a letter from student finance today stating that they are going to pay £5,535 towards my tuition fees and that I will have to self fund the remaining £3,465 (which I know is the case). However, when do I have to pay this £3,465 by and can I split it up so that I pay £1,155 over 3 semesters or does the £3,465 have to be paid all at one go and before a particular date?
Many thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending