The Student Room Group

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Crystalline
I haven't started anything yet. I really need to start cracking and do something. I just keep having second doubt on myself whether I am capable of doing medicine( feeling horrible& don't know who to talk to about this because no one really understand how I feel about this!)

As for universities....... need to read up more before I even can pin more hope on any of them

:frown: how come you're feeling like that? don't beat yourself up about it too much, everyone deserves a bit of a break, it is summer after all :smile: you've still got plenty of time to prepare everything if you do decide to go through with it.
it is a big commitment though so it's normal to feel a bit apprehensive. i hope you feel like you can make a better decision soon though. pm me if you like and i'll try and help in any way i can :smile:
Original post by SpaceMarine
St Georges and Nottingham
Are you applying for 2013 entry??

Yes I am :smile: i'm looking to apply to Warwick, King's, Newcastle for GEP and then an UG programme as well as my 4th choice - i'm thinking Manchester but keep changing my mind......not sure whether to go the whole hog and apply for 4 grad programmes (Southampton BM4). :confused:

I'm fairly limited where I can apply as I don't have Biology AS and i'm doing a Physics degree, but luckily there's still a good choice :smile:

are you studying at the moment as well?
Ie decided that anyone who finds anatomy interesting is clinically insane.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by me, myself and I
Yes I am :smile: i'm looking to apply to Warwick, King's, Newcastle for GEP and then an UG programme as well as my 4th choice - i'm thinking Manchester but keep changing my mind......not sure whether to go the whole hog and apply for 4 grad programmes (Southampton BM4). :confused:

I'm fairly limited where I can apply as I don't have Biology AS and i'm doing a Physics degree, but luckily there's still a good choice :smile:

are you studying at the moment as well?

Yes,just finished 2nd yr Biomed.
All my choices are 4yr. I don't think I could afford the 5yr programmes as a grad.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Hantheman
Ie decided that anyone who finds anatomy interesting is clinically insane.

Been a long day by any chance?
Original post by FrenziedPenguin
Been a long day by any chance?

Heh. You'll understand this time next year :wink:

Is it true that graduate applicants would stand to have more chance than high school leavers for 5 years med application? Sugeuestions please:smile:
I passed first year! :woo:
Reply 588
Is it true that graduate applicants would stand to have more chance than high school leavers for 5 years med application? Sugeuestions please:smile:

As far as I understand, grads need to meet the same entry requirements as school leavers (your degree doesn't have much bearing) and after that it's a level playing field.

Obviously grads may have had more life experience and time to get volunteering / shadowing sorted, so you could argue they have an edge in those aspects of their application.
Reply 589
Original post by Princess Bubbles
I passed first year! :woo:

Congrats!!
Original post by adsyrah
Congrats!!

Original post by adsyrah
As far as I understand, grads need to meet the same entry requirements as school leavers (your degree doesn't have much bearing) and after that it's a level playing field.

Obviously grads may have had more life experience and time to get volunteering / shadowing sorted, so you could argue they have an edge in those aspects of their application.

????? seriously? I certainly dont have the A level grades to apply for medicine, I am actually banking on my degree ;s
Reply 592
????? seriously? I certainly dont have the A level grades to apply for medicine, I am actually banking on my degree ;s

Not meaning to be condescending at all when I say this... that's what the grad entry route is for.
Original post by me, myself and I
:frown: how come you're feeling like that? don't beat yourself up about it too much, everyone deserves a bit of a break, it is summer after all :smile: you've still got plenty of time to prepare everything if you do decide to go through with it.
it is a big commitment though so it's normal to feel a bit apprehensive. i hope you feel like you can make a better decision soon though. pm me if you like and i'll try and help in any way i can :smile:

hey! pm-ed you
:redface:
Reply 594
Hello people,

I'm going to med school in september and I've got lots of medicine application materials which I want to get rid of.

GAMSAT Materials

- The official practise questions/tests (all of them). I'm selling them for half RRP.
- The medprep textbooks and practise questions. You can have these all for 5quid because IMO they're not very good
- A Kaplan MCAT textbook, which I think is actually the best things to use for revision for the science section. I've got the 2011 edition, which I'm selling for 30quid

OTHERS

- UKCAT 600 qs (an excellent book) - 7quid
- Medical School Interviews ISBN 1-905812-04-3. Also a good book - 7quid
- BMAT 400qs - 5quid

These are all for pickup from central london.

Thanks
2nd year exams over, now to get my application together :biggrin:
Reply 596
Well thats it, got a 2:2 and forced to graduate unable to take up my place at Warwick :-( I hope whoever gets given my place makes the best of it, and i'll just have to reapply in september for St Georges and Nottingham and hope for the best. I hope everyone who has a place has a fab time at med school, i'l see you there next year!
Original post by Lizzylu
Well thats it, got a 2:2 and forced to graduate unable to take up my place at Warwick :-( I hope whoever gets given my place makes the best of it, and i'll just have to reapply in september for St Georges and Nottingham and hope for the best. I hope everyone who has a place has a fab time at med school, i'l see you there next year!

I am so sorry to hear about this, all the best for 2013.
Original post by Lizzylu

Ah crap, this is like my worst fear. Best of luck with applying next year!
Original post by Lizzylu

Sorry to hear that, best of luck with your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending