The Student Room Group

TSR Graduate entry medics and applicants society! Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lcsurfer
Question when do newcastle interview grads? Exact dates/week needed i have kcl and warwicks dates... Work needs me to tell then by next week so i can fly home and be off the on call rota incase something big happens. Ive emailed them but no reply just wondering if anyone has seen it anywhere?
Its irritating i have to do this just in case of an interview

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iP

That sucks. I am a bit stressed about having to request A/L at short notice (and then having to explain why I need it) so am considering requesting dates in advance, but can't find specific dates for Barts (they interview in February), Imperial (they interview between November and January) or SGUL (they interview for around a month IIRC). Even if I could get exact dates I wouldn't want to tempt fate :frown:
Original post by Annora
Application finished and sent, just at the last minute (problems with referee!). After lots and lots of indecision, I've finally applied to Nottingham GEP, SGUL GEP, Aberdeen and Newcastle 5-year.

Good luck, I remember us speaking way back! :smile: keep me updated with your progress and i shall do the same, i wish you all the best
Reply 982
Ahhh GAMSAT results taking forever! Evil exam! Lol! Anybody else waiting on them? :p:)
Original post by manupalace
That sucks. I am a bit stressed about having to request A/L at short notice (and then having to explain why I need it) so am considering requesting dates in advance, but can't find specific dates for Barts (they interview in February), Imperial (they interview between November and January) or SGUL (they interview for around a month IIRC). Even if I could get exact dates I wouldn't want to tempt fate :frown:

Barts are the same week as Warwick this year, week commensing the 11th Feb, that's what I was told, KCL are the 15/16th Jan. I think i can get the 13th Jan - 13th Feb off work (Ive basically been 4.5 weeks of unpaid leave to play with.
Its irritating that 2 interviews could be so far apart and its a 12+ hour flight back to the UK so i can only really do it once for the length of time, I have a nice high ukcat (765) so im hoping a newcastle interview is a sure-ish thing
Reply 984
Just a note that KCL website states 'The MMI interviews will take place on the 14th and 15th January 2013' (grad entry) not 15th and 16th :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Barts are the same week as Warwick this year, week commensing the 11th Feb, that's what I was told, KCL are the 15/16th Jan. I think i can get the 13th Jan - 13th Feb off work (Ive basically been 4.5 weeks of unpaid leave to play with.
Its irritating that 2 interviews could be so far apart and its a 12+ hour flight back to the UK so i can only really do it once for the length of time, I have a nice high ukcat (765) so im hoping a newcastle interview is a sure-ish thing

Thank you so much, I was already aware of the KCL dates but didn't know specific Barts dates had been given. Its just frustrating, 2 weeks notice may not be enough. Its so annoying to be stressing about interviews I haven't even been given.

Really hope you get the time off, I guess during those 4 weeks you could enjoy some great R&R
Thank you so much, I was already aware of the KCL dates but didn't know specific Barts dates had been given. Its just frustrating, 2 weeks notice may not be enough. Its so annoying to be stressing about interviews I haven't even been given.

Really hope you get the time off, I guess during those 4 weeks you could enjoy some great R&R

Yeah well newcastle medical school said they'd get back to me soon as they understand my position, which is really nice of them.
Yeah i actually hope i get a lie in :P But will still have project work todo, its a shame its in january and will be freezing!
I will post up the interview dates when i receive them for you all
Reply 987
Original post by arcl
So UCL have attached my application to my current UCL student account on portico (the UCL portal).

I guess this can only end well?

Do you think this might mean something? Has anyone had any experience with that?

:smile: x
Received an email reply from imperial college after emailing about interview dates and notice.
It was as follows:

Dear Manupalace

Thank you for your interest in Imperial College. Interviews for A101 entry take place between Mid-November and Mid-January. One to two weeks notice is normally given, but it is possible to change one's allotted time slot if necessary.

Best wishes,
Sinead.

So not amazingly helpful.

Received an email reply from imperial college after emailing about interview dates and notice.
It was as follows:

Dear Manupalace

Thank you for your interest in Imperial College. Interviews for A101 entry take place between Mid-November and Mid-January. One to two weeks notice is normally given, but it is possible to change one's allotted time slot if necessary.

Best wishes,
Sinead.

So not amazingly helpful.

I got the same from Newcastle. But after more asking (Begging) as well as using the 'I work for the UN and live on another continent' card I got them down to saying that Newcastle grad interviews will be in Jan but they haven't set any offical dates yet, but they'd let me know when.
I got the same from Newcastle. But after more asking (Begging) as well as using the 'I work for the UN and live on another continent' card I got them down to saying that Newcastle grad interviews will be in Jan but they haven't set any offical dates yet, but they'd let me know when.

Cool. I might try that then. I really do need to get it narrowed down to more specific dates. I already know that my SGUL interview will be short notice so it would be good if none of the others were (assuming I get the interviews of course) :smile:

Cool. I might try that then. I really do need to get it narrowed down to more specific dates. I already know that my SGUL interview will be short notice so it would be good if none of the others were (assuming I get the interviews of course) :smile:

Yeah, try it after explaining I'm a 12 hour flight away and cannot get time off work easily/flights cheaply they were nice and said estimated dates. I also attached a letter from my boss at work to explain why we needed the possible interview dates if i am lucky enough to get any, I'm not sure if they even looked at it.
Is it the end of November yet? can someone fastforwards these next few weeks... please
Reply 992
Original post by z_2j96
Ahhh GAMSAT results taking forever! Evil exam! Lol! Anybody else waiting on them? :p:)

Yeah, I am, unfortunately. I had forgotten all about it (again) until about 5 minutes ago.
Original post by Tabris
Yeah, I am, unfortunately. I had forgotten all about it (again) until about 5 minutes ago.

Yep, me too. Does anyone know what date the exam was sat in previous years, and the date of results? Any correlation, perhaps?
Reply 994
Original post by MattKneale
Yep, me too. Does anyone know what date the exam was sat in previous years, and the date of results? Any correlation, perhaps?

I think it's generally the third week of November. Don't take my word for it though.
Original post by Tabris
I think it's generally the third week of November. Don't take my word for it though.

If the first week includes the half week of this month, then **** -- it's coming soon.

I'm torn between dying from wanting to know, and dying from anguish and fear.
Reply 996
Lol I know the feeling. Can't function with all this waiting.
Reply 997
Original post by MattKneale
If the first week includes the half week of this month, then **** -- it's coming soon.

I'm torn between dying from wanting to know, and dying from anguish and fear.

In my case, it's very much the latter.
Reply 998
Had a 5 egg omelette for dat late night protein. Thinking about the GAMSAT results, Nottingham's cut-off and the likelihood of me making it almost being 0 made me want to vom hard.
Reply 999
Original post by Tabris
Had a 5 egg omelette for dat late night protein. Thinking about the GAMSAT results, Nottingham's cut-off and the likelihood of me making it almost being 0 made me want to vom hard.

Results are out incase you didnt know.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending