The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sakura-Chan
Ooo, love it :biggrin:

I really want some plugs like that but I've been putting off buying some in case they just look too chavtastic on me, because my lobes are quite a lot bigger :beard: Have you stretched your cartilage? What size is that? My conch is 8mm, so I might get a blingy plug for just that one. Hmm.

Thank you! Lol, chavtastic :colondollar: I say screw it and get some bling!

I didn't stretch the cartilage, it was done with a dermal punch (5mm). I personally wouldn't stretch cartilage, dermal punching all the way!
Original post by F Ellen
Thank you! Lol, chavtastic :colondollar: I say screw it and get some bling!

I didn't stretch the cartilage, it was done with a dermal punch (5mm). I personally wouldn't stretch cartilage, dermal punching all the way!

I stretched mine and it was fine, but I know a lot of people that have issues :sadnod: I'm considering a dermal punch for the other side, though! How was it? :biggrin:
Original post by Sakura-Chan
I stretched mine and it was fine, but I know a lot of people that have issues :sadnod: I'm considering a dermal punch for the other side, though! How was it? :biggrin:

Quick and less painful than a normal piercing, believe it or not :smile: Healing was pretty much hassle free too!
Hey, just after some reassurance...

My piercing has granulation tissue round it. Am I allowed to pick that off or is it supposed to be there? It's about 10 days old, belly bar, standard titanium plain curved bar thing :dontknow: I have like a 3mm diameter pinky red patch round each end plus a ring of white granulation tissue immediately round the bar It's not hot, it's not oozing anything, it doesn't hurt, I can move the bar back and forth without any real problem.

I have zero patience, I definitely should not have got a piercing that takes an age to heal :getmecoat:
Im thinking about getting my belly button pierced, but I just dont want to look trampy & scared I'll be left with a scar when I want to take it out. Aaaahhh idk!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Original post by topshoplover
Im thinking about getting my belly button pierced, but I just dont want to look trampy & scared I'll be left with a scar when I want to take it out. Aaaahhh idk!

Lol. Because all of us with our navels pierced are trampy? Probably not the best thing to say in a body mod thread :wink:
Original post by F Ellen
Lol. Because all of us with our navels pierced are trampy? Probably not the best thing to say in a body mod thread :wink:

Obviously I didnt mean it like that and no I do not think they are trampy Im just saying a few people I talk to say that they are the 'new tramp stamp'. I already said I was thinking about getting one so obviously I like them... And I also dk because like I also already said... One day I will grow out of the style and dont want to get left with a scar...

Obviously I didnt mean it like that and no I do not think they are trampy Im just saying a few people I talk to say that they are the 'new tramp stamp'. I already said I was thinking about getting one so obviously I like them... And I also dk because like I also already said... One day I will grow out of the style and dont want to get left with a scar...

Who cares what other people think? If YOU like them, get one. You can always take it out, a scar is a possibility but providing there are no problems with healing any scarring will be minimal. Also it depends on how much scar tissue your body normally produces. Your mileage may vary. With piercings it's a risk you take.

The "new" tramp stamp? Belly button piercings have been around far longer than tramp stamps have...
Ny are you still our glorious leader here?
Reply 5990
Hello,

I'm looking for advice for my tragus.

I had it pierced 10 months ago and it still has the dreaded tragus bump. I do use sea salt soaks almost daily (did do it twice a day in the first few months) but the bump is still staying the same and doesn't appear to be getting any smaller.

Is there anything else that I could try and use to get rid of it?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Hey, just after some reassurance...

My piercing has granulation tissue round it. Am I allowed to pick that off or is it supposed to be there? It's about 10 days old, belly bar, standard titanium plain curved bar thing :dontknow: I have like a 3mm diameter pinky red patch round each end plus a ring of white granulation tissue immediately round the bar It's not hot, it's not oozing anything, it doesn't hurt, I can move the bar back and forth without any real problem.

I have zero patience, I definitely should not have got a piercing that takes an age to heal :getmecoat:

The same thing happened to mine, probably about 6 weeks into the healing process. A friend of mine, who is quite knowledgeable when it comes to piercings said granulomas are quite common on navels because they are in an area where blood flow is poor as is air circulation and it's apparently caused by the piercing becoming too moist. I think some of the issue with mine may have also been down to movement in the area - I do a lot of exercise and sometimes the bar was rubbing, I didn't have any problems when I had my inverse navel you see.

My friend suggested to me that I use something called CX powder on the granuloma for 1-2 weeks to see if that helped dry out the tissue, whilst also preventing any infection. Whilst usually antiseptics aren't great for relatively new piercings the tissue can harbor unpleasant things. She also said only to SSS when the piercing was crusty etc but obviously my piercing was older than yours when I had the problem so I'd keep a close eye on it and do keep cleaning it even if it's not fully submerged, provided it doesn't seem angry. I certainly wouldn't pull the tissue off, it will go but I'm guessing from the experience I had with mine it will be a slow process. My navel is now over a year old but it did take a good 10 months or so to heal and for the skin around it to look 'normal'. I'm no expert by any means but that's just what happened to me if you are looking for reassurance.

And Topshoplover, I love navel piercings, I have 2 and I'd get a 3rd if I could fit it in. If you like navel piercings and you want one then worrying about it looking 'trampy' shouldn't be an issue. I wasn't trampy before I got my piercings and I'm certainly not now either.
Reply 5992
Original post by fatpat
Hello,

I'm looking for advice for my tragus.

I had it pierced 10 months ago and it still has the dreaded tragus bump. I do use sea salt soaks almost daily (did do it twice a day in the first few months) but the bump is still staying the same and doesn't appear to be getting any smaller.

Is there anything else that I could try and use to get rid of it?

Chamomile teabags. Make a cup of tea and give it to someone you don't like coz it's horrid :yucky: Then wait til the teabag cools and hold it on your piercing for a bit.
Original post by Trigger
Ny are you still our glorious leader here?

Apparently so.
Original post by Nynyflower
Apparently so.

Right ho.
Original post by Nynyflower
The "new" tramp stamp? Belly button piercings have been around far longer than tramp stamps have...

Yes I know that... I am NOT reflecting my own views when I posted this ffs. Its just a term

Reply 5996
Yes I know that... I am NOT reflecting my own views when I posted this ffs. Its just a term

I am not refleccting my views when I say that you're a muppet. It's just a term :smile:
Original post by Juno
I am not refleccting my views when I say that you're a muppet. It's just a term :smile:

ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackWithTextSS.png
How long is it recommended to wait before putting silicone in a stretch?

I've just stretched up to 8mm, and would ideally like to wear an earskin for Download in two weeks time, is that long enough? (got glass in it currently)
Reply 5999
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37722924']How long is it recommended to wait before putting silicone in a stretch?

I've just stretched up to 8mm, and would ideally like to wear an earskin for Download in two weeks time, is that long enough? (got glass in it currently)

I would say that it might be ok but might not, so the only way is to try it and see.

But beware that silicone makes your ears dry. You'll need to take some oil (whichever you decide to use) with you which might become messy and too much hassle at a festival. If you continue to wear your glass you might get away with just cleaning and not oiling so it would be less fuss.

Quick Reply

Latest