The Student Room Group

Bod Mod Society

Scroll to see replies

Connemara
Er, I've decided to get my navel pierced, would it be possible to have anything else done at the same time, (if you get my drift):wink: Rather be messing about with care, etc for a couple of weeks with two, it's going to hurt isn't it:s-smilie: Any information would be :cool:

Oh well. no pain no gain:smile:

Don't know if you could get more than one at a time with your navel... I assume you could, but I'm no expert!
I found having my navel pierced didn't hurt at all - in fact, it was over in about 10 seconds and couldn't have gone better if I'd dreamt the whole thing! Don't have freeze spray when you get it done as it slows down the healing time. Bodz in Chester is amazingly good (That's where mine was done).

I saw this piercing yesterday in Bizarre (like a necklace with lots of little studs) and want one for my wrist... does anybody know of anywhere that might do it other than a place in Sunderland? Annoyingly, I can't even remember its name now.
Connemara
Er, I've decided to get my navel pierced, would it be possible to have anything else done at the same time, (if you get my drift):wink: Rather be messing about with care, etc for a couple of weeks with two, it's going to hurt isn't it:s-smilie: Any information would be :cool:

i don't think it should be a problem getting two piercings at once (you mean a navel and one down there no?).
Reply 1182
Connemara

It should be fine :smile:

_:_Sel_:_By_:_Date_:_16_:_

I saw this piercing yesterday in Bizarre (like a necklace with lots of little studs) and want one for my wrist... does anybody know of anywhere that might do it other than a place in Sunderland? Annoyingly, I can't even remember its name now.

Do you just mean surface piercings or microdermals circling your wrist? It's not very practical and it's likely that most of them will end up rejecting, but any piercer experienced in microdermals (I recommend them over surface piercings) should be able to do it (whether or not they'd be willing to do it is another matter, haha).
How long/how much does your lip tend to bleed after you've had it pierced? Slight phobia I need to get over. :redface: I can watch horrifically gory horror films but small amounts of blood freak me out for some reason.
Reply 1184
It'll differ from person to person. Generally though, the bleeding will stop a few seconds after the jewellery is in. Avoid alcohol the night before, don't take aspirin, avoid anything else that'll make your blood thin.
Reply 1185
Mine didnt bleed at all :smile:
Kate.
It should be fine :smile:

Do you just mean surface piercings or microdermals circling your wrist? It's not very practical and it's likely that most of them will end up rejecting, but any piercer experienced in microdermals (I recommend them over surface piercings) should be able to do it (whether or not they'd be willing to do it is another matter, haha).

I can't remember. I'll tell you when I find the article
It didn't say what type of piercing it was, but it looked like one of them was out of place compared to the others.

What's the difference between serface piercings vs microdermals... and what type would my navel come under? It has a plastic bar rather than a metal one, if that helps...
Cthulhufiend
How long/how much does your lip tend to bleed after you've had it pierced? Slight phobia I need to get over. :redface: I can watch horrifically gory horror films but small amounts of blood freak me out for some reason.

a lovecraft fan getting freaked by a little blood?! :p:

neither of my labrets bled at all.. i would have tasted it if they had, and i never once tasted blood. no probs whatsoever.

surface piercings are like navel piercings... two balls joined (usually with PTFE or a titanium surface barbel) under the skin. They have a tendancy to reject as the body treats them like splinters. I dont know much about microdermals, but i gather they are single balls, held in place by a flat anchor under the skin (correct me if im wrong here). as there is not the pressure of a barbel going across, they are less likely to drop out.
Reply 1189
La Trampa
i don't think it should be a problem getting two piercings at once (you mean a navel and one down there no?).

:eek: I had them done and didn't hurt at all, piercing guy was excellent, so hope that bf doesn't go ballistic:rolleyes:

Hmmm he doesn't like my Goth look though:frown:
Didn't like my chav period either, oh well whatever:love:
lol glad it went well for you :biggrin:
do you keep admiring your little darlings? i know i would :flute: lol
and if he freaks out about it, explain it's like a beacon telling him where he should concentrate on :wink:
SoundDevastation
I dont know much about microdermals, but i gather they are single balls, held in place by a flat anchor under the skin (correct me if im wrong here). as there is not the pressure of a barbel going across, they are less likely to drop out.

Yeah, that's right, except the visible part of the piercing is more a disc than a ball. It's held in place by scar tissue so once they're healed they're pretty secure...

...I have now managed to rip two out :frown:

From my experience anchors work best (ie heal nicely and stay in) if they're on an area where they're very near the bone.

Anyway...How long do I need to take my VCH for before I can get it repierced? I had it done over summer but the placement is slightly wrong :frown:
probably a to 6 weeks heal over and then go get it done again. it'll probably ''hurt'' a little more than usual coz of the scar tissue.
Reply 1193
La Trampa
lol glad it went well for you :biggrin:
do you keep admiring your little darlings? i know i would :flute: lol
and if he freaks out about it, explain it's like a beacon telling him where he should concentrate on :wink:

Thank God! I was terrified that he would miss the relevant bits:redface:

They are oddly attractive in a sort of horrifed fascination way:wink:

It's addictive, my friend is going to have her nipple done, her bf is an old Etonian so that will be interesting:rolleyes:

What with the corset etc, I'm seriously going Goth!
lol so did it ''hurt'' or was it like sharp pain for two secs? *considers getting one in the future maybe* i would be a bit worried at some random guy looking at me fanny....*considers not doing it*
i'm sure they're attractive! haha
wearing a corset doesn't make you goth. being a goth and liking corsets are two very diffferent things. :hmpf:

but yay glad you're happy.
Reply 1195
_:_Sel_:_By_:_Date_:_16_:_
It didn't say what type of piercing it was, but it looked like one of them was out of place compared to the others.

What's the difference between serface piercings vs microdermals... and what type would my navel come under? It has a plastic bar rather than a metal one, if that helps...

Navel and eyebrow piercings are kinda in-between a 'normal' and a surface piercing. It depends how much of a lip/ridge you have to support the piercing.

Well done surface piercings will be with a titanium surface bar shaped like a 'staple'. Microdermals are single-point piercings. Here:
http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Microdermal
Nose is healing well, i keep wanting to pick at it though lol, still need to sort out my tattoo though.
Reply 1197
i am getting slightly obsessed with piercings. i'm planning a few more ear piercings, and maybe a nipple one though the latter slightly terrifies me. would it be weird just to have a nipple piercing on one side though?

a heads up on what to expect would be good. i also do ballet, and thus wear absurdly tight costumes. it wasn't a problem for my navel piercing, but will it hurt a nipple piercing though?
Reply 1198
I have both my nipples done, one I had to have done twice as the first time the bar fell out while I was sleeping

I didn't find it too painful but when they clamped the nipple it was quite uncomfortable, as they say though no pain no gain :biggrin:

If you get it done with a bar I cant see it being a problem but a ring might catch or something, bars are easier to heal anyway :smile:
ring look tacky imo

Quick Reply

Latest