congrats, i also have the grades
Original post by J1994D
Got the grades, now I need an offer!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Original post by manu01
congrats, i also have the grades

Well done boys :hat2:
I also got the grades :biggrin:
Got an unconditional offer today after being on the waiting list for ages. I am in total shock right now but I want to say thank you to everyone on thsi thread that has helped me with advice bwt a gap year and more stuff. I wish you ALL the total best!! Really hope you all get in nxt year!
Reply 784
Im really happy I got AAAC in biology Chemistry and Religious studies but The C in maths worries me will it matter. I had a B at as and I got a E and a U in C3 and C4 which was a shock for me I don't Know if there is a point in getting it remarked? what should I do ?
Original post by aggie30
Im really happy I got AAAC in biology Chemistry and Religious studies but The C in maths worries me will it matter. I had a B at as and I got a E and a U in C3 and C4 which was a shock for me I don't Know if there is a point in getting it remarked? what should I do ?

Remarks don't tend to have a large difference in UMS, so you're better off accepting that you got those grades and take it from there :/
Reply 786
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Remarks don't tend to have a large difference in UMS, so you're better off accepting that you got those grades and take it from there :/

Ok yh I don't mind tbh I don't see the point as maths is just an extra alevel and I have a b in it at As and it at a C will that be ok for medical schools ?
Original post by aggie30

unless youre a mark off a B overall or you think theyve made a mistake on giving you a U (were you expecting A/B?) i wouldnt remark, youve got the 3 A's so good luck! i got AAAB and a quite annoying E in general studies, as long as youve got the 3 A's one being chem youre fine :biggrin: good luck!!

Edit: some medical schools say a 4th has to be a B i think, but check entry requirements on all the websites to check :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 788
Original post by J1994D
unless youre a mark off a B overall or you think theyve made a mistake on giving you a U (were you expecting A/B?) i wouldnt remark, youve got the 3 A's so good luck! i got AAAB and a quite annoying E in general studies, as long as youve got the 3 A's one being chem youre fine :biggrin: good luck!!

Edit: some medical schools say a 4th has to be a B i think, but check entry requirements on all the websites to check :smile:

Yh I was expecting a B I was very shocked especially with C3 but yh your right I have checked the unis I want to apply to and I think it is fine :smile: good luck with your application
x

Hey guys, I've been offered to volunteer in a surgical ward at a hospital :biggrin:
The man said I can work in the morning or the afternoon, I really want to experience a lot as it's only 2 hours every week (demand is high) so should I go for the morning slot or the afternoon slot?

:smile:
Original post by This Honest
Hey guys, I've been offered to volunteer in a surgical ward at a hospital :biggrin:
The man said I can work in the morning or the afternoon, I really want to experience a lot as it's only 2 hours every week (demand is high) so should I go for the morning slot or the afternoon slot?

:smile:

Afternoon so you can have a lie-in :tongue:

Either is fine :tongue:
Afternoon so you can have a lie-in :tongue:

Either is fine :tongue:

:lol:
Afternoon it is! I have to wake up at 6:30 every thursday and friday to volunteer at a care home. It hurts :sad: It's results day so they let me have the day off :teeth:
hey guys! I was just wondering were you all students who took 3 years to complete your A-levels? if so, which Unis don't mind it? xxx
Reply 793
So happy, I got the grades, quite unexpected! :biggrin: Hope everyone else has got the grades they need!
Reply 794
Original post by sumsum123
Got an unconditional offer today after being on the waiting list for ages. I am in total shock right now but I want to say thank you to everyone on thsi thread that has helped me with advice bwt a gap year and more stuff. I wish you ALL the total best!! Really hope you all get in nxt year!

Congratulations, you must be over the moon! Which uni will you be going to?
Original post by AishaTara
hey guys! I was just wondering were you all students who took 3 years to complete your A-levels? if so, which Unis don't mind it? xxx

Not that i know of.
Most of us, if not all, are getting are A2 results today after 2 years.
Original post by AishaTara

The majority of people that reapply have done so because they had no medicine offer (like I was) rather than missing grades.

Uni's do mind it a lot I'm afraid.. see here for more info: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Resit_Policies
Reply 797

You lucky sod! Major congrats :biggrin: Jealous, as you don't have to sit the ukcat again.
I know exactly what you mean. I accepted the gap year, got it all sorted yet there is this hope. I am v.v.desperate to get in tmrw but if I dnt then atleast I got my year sorted. I am not optimistic purely because if I do become optimistic its gonna sting when its another no :laugh:. Thank you.

holy **** i'm going to edinburgh in three weeks hahaha with no accommodation or finance this is insane! how did yours go?
(edited 11 years ago)
Guys, does a B in biology put u in a disadvantage? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending