The Student Room Group

How many retakes do I need?

I am reapplying to Medicine at Oxford and Imperial via extenuating circumstances. They have already been accepted by Imperial and Oxford has a different process. Besides that, I am not sure if it is better to re-take all three of my A-levels (let's assume they were all substandard) or simply re-take the minimum to meet the standard offer that Oxford and Imperial generally give to students. What makes sense here?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by quagmiretoilet
I am reapplying to Medicine at Oxford and Imperial via extenuating circumstances. They have already been accepted by Imperial and Oxford has a different process. Besides that, I am not sure if it is better to re-take all three of my A-levels (let's assume they were all substandard) or simply re-take the minimum to meet the standard offer that Oxford and Imperial generally give to students. What makes sense here?

It makes sense to resit only the A levels you actually need to resit - why resit all three when you don't need to?

Edit: sorry, as pointed out below, this is wrong for Oxford Medicine, you need to resit everything.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Scotland Yard
It makes sense to resit only the A levels you actually need to resit - why resit all three when you don't need to?

I may be wrong but I believe it says somewhere that for medicine all the grades have to be achieved in one sitting.
“Medicine

Please note that applicants for Medicine need to achieve all the requirements of their conditional offer in a single examinations sitting, so you would need to retake all your qualifications and not just the one(s) in which you have missed your grade. This applies to those with exam assessed grades or CAGs/TAGs. Further information can be found on the Medicine admissions pages.”
Original post by JustBenjamin
I may be wrong but I believe it says somewhere that for medicine all the grades have to be achieved in one sitting.

Ah. My bad!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending