The Student Room Group

prediction for unit 3 psychology AQA exam 11th JUNE!!!!

anyone got any ideas ... just soo depressed to be honest.. too many exams in june:mad:

Scroll to see replies

prediction is the worst thing to do trust me. just start revising now. i have. i'm resitting psya2 and psya3 as well as doing psya4. it seems like alot but if you pay attention in lessons, put in the extra hours and study hard enough you'll be fine
Reply 2
DON'T make predictions, you can concentrate on the essays that haven't come up already the most but do not ignore the essays that have come up because this happened to my friend who took this exam in January, she revised all the questions that haven't come up and the question that has previously come up in that exam had come and she completely flopped. Start revision now.
Reply 3
I think sexual selection theory is possible for relationships as is the maintenance of relationships.

For aggression I would think perhaps either institutional aggression or genes and aggression.

For sleep...I would bet on circadian rhythms.

Im so glad I dont have to do this paper and finished it...man it took me 6 months just to learn like 3/5 of everything I needed to know having hedged my bets on what I thought would come up....totally crapped myself in the exam having drank so much coffee prior to write a lot that I couldnt even hold my pen properly without shaking non-stop.

I got 100ums A* though in the end somehow...I wouldnt do this paper again even if someone paid me a grand...seriously it was that bad to revise for with so so much to get in your head...
the only thing i will say about predictions having gotten feedback from my teacher is that the unit 3 in january was so poor that it had the lowest ever grade boundaries. she read the examiners report as she is going to be an examiner in summer marking papers and she said that one section was done particularly poorly and the examiners noted that in their report. she then went on to say that when the examiner express how poorly a topic was done it is usually a clue that it is going to come up again in the next paper.

dont take this as gospel truth but you should go through many past papers anyway so make sure you cover everything that came up in the last test as well as what you plan to do anyway, good luck everyone
Reply 5
Original post by youngzwavey
the only thing i will say about predictions having gotten feedback from my teacher is that the unit 3 in january was so poor that it had the lowest ever grade boundaries. she read the examiners report as she is going to be an examiner in summer marking papers and she said that one section was done particularly poorly and the examiners noted that in their report. she then went on to say that when the examiner express how poorly a topic was done it is usually a clue that it is going to come up again in the next paper.

dont take this as gospel truth but you should go through many past papers anyway so make sure you cover everything that came up in the last test as well as what you plan to do anyway, good luck everyone

People did poorly because they changed the SPEC with little notice and many teachers were not aware of it I think.

Also they appeared to focus on evolutionary explanations more (on sleep and aggression anyways) which has been under-taught I think with more social explanations used generally.

I found the exam great to be honest; I answered every question (except the 4mark narcolepsy one) and had revised sufficiently.
Reply 6
The grade boudaries were actually the highest ever, for the other poster who said that they Were low. 45/72 and 47/75. 45 is higher.
And I wouldn't do predictions; AQA repeat questions
Reply 7

This is quite wrong.
The exam papers are made many months before the exam.
Original post by EffKayy
This is quite wrong.
The exam papers are made many months before the exam.

there is 3 months between march and june... she never said this was gospel truth she said its an indication..
Original post by EffKayy
The grade boudaries were actually the highest ever, for the other poster who said that they Were low. 45/72 and 47/75. 45 is higher.

just over 60% was high enough for an A :s-smilie: they were low boundaries. With a generic scale an A is 80%

Original post by Mephestic
People did poorly because they changed the SPEC with little notice and many teachers were not aware of it I think.

Also they appeared to focus on evolutionary explanations more (on sleep and aggression anyways) which has been under-taught I think with more social explanations used generally.

I found the exam great to be honest; I answered every question (except the 4mark narcolepsy one) and had revised sufficiently.

You were one of the lucky few, i dont think we can assume how teachers taught the course but spec changes definitely would have affected it but at the same time you did well so the rest of us dont have that much excuse, the paper sucked but with low boundaries people should have revised harder, self included
Reply 10
just over 60% was high enough for an A :s-smilie: they were low boundaries. With a generic scale an A is 80%

You were one of the lucky few, i dont think we can assume how teachers taught the course but spec changes definitely would have affected it but at the same time you did well so the rest of us dont have that much excuse, the paper sucked but with low boundaries people should have revised harder, self included

Yeah I only did well to be fair because I started revision many months in advance (about 4-5 months!) and worked at it literally non-stop in all my spare time.

The grade boundaries werent really low, they reduced the marks from 75 to 72 meaning 1 mark was taken off each of the 3 questions.

They should in theory have lowered the grade boundaries to compensate for this but this meant you had to get more right to get higher grades and the difference between an A in Januarys paper and last june was only 1 mark.

So it meant that effectively it was harder and grade boundaries were actually higher for an A...or about exactly the same from last years for anything below an A (from B downwards) as the rest were only 2 marks less for each grade.

Considering they took away 3 possible marks it balances about as approx the same but slightly harder by for an A.
Reply 11
there is 3 months between march and june... she never said this was gospel truth she said its an indication..

Yes. They make them WELL before that.
Reply 12

Yeah but you said they were the 'lowest they've ever been' when actually, they were the highest.
Original post by EffKayy
Yeah but you said they were the 'lowest they've ever been' when actually, they were the highest.

because that's what a teacher, one of who could be marking anyones including YOUR paper in the summer said..
Reply 14
Original post by EffKayy

Don't scare me. When have AQA repeated questions. That would be just lazy!
Reply 15
sexual selection or maintenance of relationships.

lifespan changes or biological rhythms

genes and aggression.

that's my predictions for sleep, relationship and aggression.
Original post by huniibee
anyone got any ideas ... just soo depressed to be honest.. too many exams in june:mad:

im thinking nativist could come up for the essay on cognitive development? it would be my worse nightmare!
Hi, I've read on this that the same questions can come up, but I've noticed since 2010 no questions has been repeated :/ I've left it too late to revise! Any predictions for sleep, relationships and aggression

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by huniibee

What topics you doing?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 19
I think restoration theory will come up as a big question for sleep. Or insomnia as that is a double spread in the book and hasn't come up for years. However either lifespan changes or nature of sleep has come up in the june exams for the past 2 years... I definitely don't think evolutionary will come up seeing as that was in the Jan paper..
gender I think will be gene/hormone roles, the evolutionary explanation, cognitive developmental theory or gender schema theory.
For cognition and development i'm thinking Piaget/Vygotsky theories and application to education (hoping for this because i've revised it SO much). Bit unsure on this topic as everything has come up relatively recently I'm just hoping it's not one of the harder ones..
DREADING THIS EXAM SO MUCH!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending