Reply 240
For ratio analysis..

What have people got for RONA??
I've got the formula as:

Net Profit/Net Assets X 100
353,746/376,000 X 100 = 94.1%

Help please, Is this right??
Reply 241
Damn. Its not net profit is it!? It's operating profit/net assets..
Original post by mindblock
For ratio analysis..

What have people got for RONA??
I've got the formula as:

Net Profit/Net Assets X 100
353,746/376,000 X 100 = 94.1%

Help please, Is this right??

do you no what kind of essay question we'd include ratios in?
Reply 243
Original post by porcalin123

Anyone about the success of SLSL (whether it is a successful business), so things like gearing ratio and liquidity ratio, etc.
Reply 244

A ratio question could come up at the start, such as : Identify and Show 4 Ratios which SLSL could use.
Reply 245
OKAY. Im not stupid but i've suddenly got myself confused as F**K

What is the Gross profit, Net Profit and Operating profit for SLSL????
Reply 246
As it is all approximate. Is the operating profit the same as Net profit ?
Reply 247
Can anybody explain the difference between the free float and the total float?? And does anyone know what the free float of the CPA in the case study is? Thanks :smile:
Reply 248
Original post by mindblock
OKAY. Im not stupid but i've suddenly got myself confused as F**K

What is the Gross profit, Net Profit and Operating profit for SLSL????

Gross Profit for SLSL is Commission - Managers salary and other costs - Staff costs. So for Oakford Gross Profit would be £429188 (Commission) - £46000 (Managers salary and other costs) - £80500 (Staff costs) = £302688 (Gross Profit).

Net Profit is your Gross Profit - Overheads so once again for Oakford this will be £302688 (Gross Profit) - £60000 (Overheads) = £242688 (Net Profit).

All this data is in Table 4 & as for Operating Profit, we haven't learned that so I can't help you there.
Reply 249
Original post by chica123
Can anybody explain the difference between the free float and the total float?? And does anyone know what the free float of the CPA in the case study is? Thanks :smile:

Free Float is the amount of spare time available for an activity without delaying the next activity. Total Float is the amount of spare time available for an activity without delaying the whole project.

Personally I wouldn't really bother calculating the Free Float of each activity, I do CPA in Maths too & we have never come across having to calculate the Free Float it has always been the Total Float we have had to calculate but if you wish the calculation is EST at end of activity - (EST at start + Duration of activity).

Hope that helps.
Reply 250
Original post by HKK_
Free Float is the amount of spare time available for an activity without delaying the next activity. Total Float is the amount of spare time available for an activity without delaying the whole project.

Personally I wouldn't really bother calculating the Free Float of each activity, I do CPA in Maths too & we have never come across having to calculate the Free Float it has always been the Total Float we have had to calculate but if you wish the calculation is EST at end of activity - (EST at start + Duration of activity).

Hope that helps.

Thank you

Is that the est at the end of the activity >>> the activity before EST thank you

So don't we need to learn how to calculate the free float for this exam?

Thanks a lot appreciated!!!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Reply 251
Original post by HKK_

Hope that helps.

Thankyou! Which duration do you have to add?

is it 142 - (0+3) ?

sorry i'm so confused :frown:

Its so silly we have only been taught the free float of each activity, my teacher hasn't even mentioned total float! - good job i came across it!
Reply 252
Original post by ameena.milly
Thank you

Is that the est at the end of the activity >>> the activity before EST thank you

So don't we need to learn how to calculate the free float for this exam?

Thanks a lot appreciated!!!!

Yes it is & no you don't have to. You're welcome :-)
Reply 253
Original post by chica123
Thankyou! Which duration do you have to add?

is it 142 - (0+3) ?

sorry i'm so confused :frown:

Its so silly we have only been taught the free float of each activity, my teacher hasn't even mentioned total float! - good job i came across it!

No it is 142 - (141 + 1) = 0
Remember if the answer is 0 then this activity is part of the critical path.
I'll show you an example which isn't on the critical path.
Surveys - Activity J: 135 - (77 + 19) = 39 so the Free Float of Activity J is 19.
Total Float is a lot easier the formula for that is: LFT - EST - Duration
Reply 254
Original post by HKK_
No it is 142 - (141 + 1) = 0
Remember if the answer is 0 then this activity is part of the critical path.
I'll show you an example which isn't on the critical path.
Surveys - Activity J: 135 - (77 + 19) = 39 so the Free Float of Activity J is 19.
Total Float is a lot easier the formula for that is: LFT - EST - Duration

Ahh right okay so the total float of the activity is 0? Thankyou! :smile:
hey does anyone know the correct est/lft for node 3 because i have the apt booklet, and my teacher gave us the zigzag toolkit and they both have different things :/
Reply 256
Original post by blackstarz245
hey does anyone know the correct est/lft for node 3 because i have the apt booklet, and my teacher gave us the zigzag toolkit and they both have different things :/

The apt is correct I had the same problem

What things would you include if a question came up like this:
SLSL has decided to implement a branch based bonus based on sales. Recommend how the proposed change to the bonus system might be implemented

Recommend and justify a strategy which could reduce the offer to completion time.

Discuss the extent to which different stakeholders would regard SLSL as a successful business
Reply 258
What things would you include if a question came up like this:
SLSL has decided to implement a branch based bonus based on sales. Recommend how the proposed change to the bonus system might be implemented

Recommend and justify a strategy which could reduce the offer to completion time.

Discuss the extent to which different stakeholders would regard SLSL as a successful business

Yes I was also wondering how to answer the implement a branch-based bonus scheme into SLSL. Would you talk about the issue of fairness, the requirement of pseudo-consultation, the fact that current bonuses make up 27.5% of employees salaries at SLSL, so they will want an explanation as to why it is being scrapped in favour of this branch-based bonus scheme?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 259

You could try and suggest starting off with one branch first to see the success of it, like a trial and error process, then go onto discuss the different range of sales, so if the different branches would have different targets considering the current data in table 4, which would be used a lot in this question i'd imagine.

For this you could refer to the process seen in the critical path analysis and possibly try and see if any could be reduced at all, there is quite a wide range of selections, such as speed up the time the solicitors take as they are connected to Andrew's firm.

Start of with the 3 owners and how for example Andrew will be viewing his investment in SLSL
Then go onto the employees who are currently receiving bonuses so they would most likely see it as successful
You can then go onto the local community and then customers
You could also consider the solicitors and suppliers but this would be relatively limited to analyse and evaluate

I'm not sure if these are correct but these are just my general thoughts on them , hope its helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending