The Student Room Group

Capital one case study interview

Hi everyone,

I have a case study interview coming up at capital one for their strategic analyst position.

Has anyone here been to a case study interview and what did you do/use to prepare for the quantitative questions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by countduckula1906
Hi everyone,

I have a case study interview coming up at capital one for their strategic analyst position.

Has anyone here been to a case study interview and what did you do/use to prepare for the quantitative questions?

Is this the video interview or the actual case study?
Original post by Maslina123
Is this the video interview or the actual case study?

The actual case interview. It will be done virtually obviously due to covid.
How long did it take to progress to the case study after your VI?
Original post by antebellum

When did you do your video interview? Was is for the grad scheme or internship? Before you progress to the case interview, you will be invited to a workshop which walks you through an example case study. It took around 3 weeks for me to find out that I passed the video interview and got invited to the case workshop.

When did you do your video interview? Was is for the grad scheme or internship? Before you progress to the case interview, you will be invited to a workshop which walks you through an example case study. It took around 3 weeks for me to find out that I passed the video interview and got invited to the case workshop.

My time line:
Application form
Numerical, verbal tests
Video interview
zoom workshop with example
case study interview (still waiting on a date)
Reply 6
Hi, I hope you are well and good luck with the assessment centre. Is it all possible for you to give us some insights into the video interview for the strategy analyst position? What questions came up and if there were math-based questions. Any help on this would be highly appreciated! Thank you.

Completed VI on 4th Nov for grad strategy analyst
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by HasPe
Hi, I hope you are well and good luck with the assessment centre. Is it all possible for you to give us some insights into the video interview for the strategy analyst position? What questions came up and if there were math-based questions. Any help on this would be highly appreciated! Thank you.

Video interview consisted of basic quantitative analysis. No more than a-level math required.
Wondering if anyone from the software academy application has heard back after their video interview? I had completed my interview around a month ago and have not heard back.
Original post by Toliveinafantasy
Wondering if anyone from the software academy application has heard back after their video interview? I had completed my interview around a month ago and have not heard back.

Was told by recruitment that all open cases will receive an outcome in the next week. I applied for strategy analyst so not sure if also true for software academy.
Was told by recruitment that all open cases will receive an outcome in the next week. I applied for strategy analyst so not sure if also true for software academy.

Amazing, thank you for the update :smile:

Have you done your case study interview yet? I still haven't had an update on when it will be. I have the email to say that I will be progressing to the case study interview over a month ago. I emailed recruitment yesterday for an update and no reply...
Have you done your case study interview yet? I still haven't had an update on when it will be. I have the email to say that I will be progressing to the case study interview over a month ago. I emailed recruitment yesterday for an update and no reply...

Same thing for me. I emailed them yesterday too, but nothing
Same thing for me. I emailed them yesterday too, but nothing

Nice to know I'm not the only one. hopefully we'll hear soon. I'll post hear if/when I get a reply
Use flashcards.
Original post by tinygirl96
Use flashcards.

Have you applied for the strategy analyst for this year's recruitment cycle?
No

Yet to receive VI outcome.
Yet to receive VI outcome.

Seems as though there recruitment has been halted in some way. I just sent another email to them and also tried phoning them and the line instantly cuts off saying, 'our systems are currently overloaded'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending