The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Accomodation 2012

Scroll to see replies

Oh, really? Because in the offer letter they sent me it was written that I could apply for accommodation until 1 June. I think that's because I'm an overseas student and I know this is taken into consideration. Anyway I'll wait and see what they got for me :smile: Thanksss!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by nathduarte
Oh, really? Because in the offer letter they sent me it was written that I could apply for accommodation until 1 June. I think that's because I'm an overseas student and I know this is taken into consideration. Anyway I'll wait and see what they got for me :smile: Thanksss!

aaah okay, well you'll definitely get put somewhere then, just not necessarily the places you want. you'll find out soon, good luck!
Reply 382
Just applied for Manna Ash, Don Gratton and Will Wyatt Court and I'm actually quite worried because some people told me that our choices are not being respected, they can make you a offer from a place you haven't applied for :/ Do you guys know if this is true? I'm studying at LCF Lime Grove campus so if they put me into Costume Store I'd have to plan my long trip to college everyday hahaha

Wait, I thought that Costume Store was the closest accomodation to the Lime Grove campus?
Do you think so? Oh, well because the Lime Grove campus is in the East London and Costume Store is in the West London, I'm not sure if it's far or not because the times I went to London I didn't go to these parts of the city but only by seeing the map I believe is quite far, uh?
Anyone studying Fashion management this september 2012? What are the top 3 halls of residence which are best located and closest to John princes street and high holborn?
Reply 385
Do you think so? Oh, well because the Lime Grove campus is in the East London and Costume Store is in the West London, I'm not sure if it's far or not because the times I went to London I didn't go to these parts of the city but only by seeing the map I believe is quite far, uh?

by far the closest...in distsnce...and still in zone 2....decently priced...but the 51 week contract is a big issue :/ and im pretty sure the tube route is like 2stops away...pretty convenient :smile:
Reply 386
Yay just paid for costume store, £300 down but ah well
Original post by emclme
Yay just paid for costume store, £300 down but ah well

how did you pay the 300? whenever i try to pay it says i need to pay the full price of housing?
Reply 388
Original post by Shibby1507
how did you pay the 300? whenever i try to pay it says i need to pay the full price of housing?

I'm not sure but I think you might be on the wrong one, I think it is the second option which means you set up a payment plan and pay the deposit only, for now. If you click on the first option it is for students paying the whole lot at once
Reply 389
Hi, has anyone gone for a viewing a don gratten/ will wyatt/ cordwainers court?
I'm an international student and i'd like to know what the general vibe of these places are like? How is the neighbourhood etc. etc.
So, I've paid my deposit for the halls but they want the first installment on the move in date (the 9th of sept) and our loans doesn't come in until a few days after we start our course (24th of sept for me). Any idea what we're supposed to do about that? I don't have £3000 to pay out without my loan, I'm already having to front £500 out of my own pocket just to cover the halls and then gotta find money for living costs :frown:((
Reply 391
Well for Manna Ash you can pay in an instalment you have to still pay £600-700 but its not the whole amount
Original post by Mignonne
anyone know if there are any halls accommodation left?

If you cannot get halls for when you start- many rooms in Halls become available at Christmas as erasmus foreign exchange students who who one term at UAL move out and/or people buddy up and find a group house then it is their responsibility to find someone to take their room on. If you (or anyone) is in this situation, my housemates and I are looking for someone to take a double bed room until Christmas 2012 as one of us is doing his first term in New York. We are 3 boys and 3 girls- Graphic Designers at LCC, Chelsea and Camberwell and a lovely painter from Camberwell- all about to go into our second year. House is in Brixton- great travel links- even to Chelsea only takes 6 mins on Victoria line. We all bike though (free transport) and to get to each of our colleges takes 15 mins or under. If anyone is interested at 112 p/week for a double room please let me know! Lease is from mid July but we can consider later move in dates. Lucy.
Reply 393
In answer to the above ^ I just spoke to Housing Services on the phone and lady said that there are only room in the Costume Store left and nearly 1000 people still waiting for places. After the first round of offers being sent out, they wait for any declined offers and allocate the remaining places.

I got Costume Store, it's the furthest from LCC, but I'm glad I got anything now!
Hey im renting my room out over the summer at Opal 4 Tufnell park, it is a standard ensuite with a comunal kitchen shared with 4 other people who are all very friendly. £150 a week available from 12th of July till the 1st of September message me if you are interested x
Reply 395
I'm doing a postgrad at Central Saint Martins and am looking for student to buddy up with and get a house/flat. Anyone interested?

Elodie x
http://www.elle-yeah.com
Reply 396
Original post by LucyEmilia
If you cannot get halls for when you start- many rooms in Halls become available at Christmas as erasmus foreign exchange students who who one term at UAL move out and/or people buddy up and find a group house then it is their responsibility to find someone to take their room on. If you (or anyone) is in this situation, my housemates and I are looking for someone to take a double bed room until Christmas 2012 as one of us is doing his first term in New York. We are 3 boys and 3 girls- Graphic Designers at LCC, Chelsea and Camberwell and a lovely painter from Camberwell- all about to go into our second year. House is in Brixton- great travel links- even to Chelsea only takes 6 mins on Victoria line. We all bike though (free transport) and to get to each of our colleges takes 15 mins or under. If anyone is interested at 112 p/week for a double room please let me know! Lease is from mid July but we can consider later move in dates. Lucy.

Original post by CroftD
In answer to the above ^ I just spoke to Housing Services on the phone and lady said that there are only room in the Costume Store left and nearly 1000 people still waiting for places. After the first round of offers being sent out, they wait for any declined offers and allocate the remaining places.

I got Costume Store, it's the furthest from LCC, but I'm glad I got anything now!

Thankyou :smile: although I've actually declined my offer now, but yeah someone else can have my place!
Original post by Bonner1994
Hopefully studying Journalism at LCC and stupidly applied and got accepted for accommodation at Opal 4 :frown: Need to reapply for Manna Ash :frown:

Hi, hope you see this, could i know what room did you apply for at opal 4? really really want a room at opal 4 but didnt have it in my initial application and am now being told i cant even be put on a waiting list because theres so many people looking for places, i dont know if id be able to wangle something with housing where i might be able to take your place if you really dont want it, i dunno, kinda desperate, thanks
Original post by atsang
I just got a deluxe room at Opal 4!

Yeah you get a discount if you apply through UAL.

oh god im desperate to get a deluxe at opal 4 under ual but i didnt apply for it in the initial round and now im homeless for next year... if you know of anyone who wants to leave/giveup their deluxe room at opal 4 under ual, please let me know as soon as you hear, much appreciated thanks
Original post by CroftD

seriously?? i called housing and they refused to give me details like that, is it really ALL gone, every single place?? desperately looking for one but if its like that, im going to have to move on, could you confirm with a reply thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending