The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sadiya18
Hello, just wondering if anyone is doing the exam in June 2012!

is it international business if it is i am haha
Reply 2
Yeah lol it is!

How are you revising for this?
Reply 3
Yeah lol it is!

How are you revising for this?

i hant revised much for that exam been doing uni4b revision on transport got c IN JAN going to resit it in june
Reply 4
Oh ok! Are you doing your exam on Toyota?
Reply 5
Oh ok! Are you doing your exam on Toyota?

Yep, are you?
Reply 6
Yeah i dont really think we know anything on it! wha do u know?
Reply 7
Hi is anyone doing Business Studies UNIT 3 On wednesday? If so... can you give me any tips to revise and things that could come up
Reply 8
Is anybody else on TSR doing this exam on Wednesday? Have you done any revision? What did you get in the coursework and Unit 1 exam?

I hate my Business Studies teacher and didn't really listen this year and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be revising, haha. So if anyone has anything on that then yeah :smile:
Reply 9
Helloooo!!
Ok so why aren't there any threads for 2012 June Business studies?:confused: For some reason the syllabus seems really confusing.:s-smilie: Any tips? Helps? Guides? Gotta do GOOD!!:colone:
Reply 10
Hey, yeah I'm doing the exam tomorrow. I'm trying to revise but it's quite hard to revise for this. I'm using: http://www.businessstudiesonline.co.uk/live/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=33
In the coursework I got an A and in unit 1 I got a B but I retook it last week so hoping for a better grade. :smile:x
Reply 11
I'm doing the exam too. Past papers help a lot. Why don't you try www.businessstudiesonline.co.uk
It's really good for theory notes and stuff. Good luck for it! :smile:x
yeah make sure you know Break even point. Break even diagram. Supply and demand diagram. I have this exam as well. We got told you need to know stock graph and all the formulas as well off by heart :/
Reply 13
I am, scared for it though!
Feel free to DM me if needed
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2014419

I got an A in unit 1 and an A* in unit 2, but i'm scared about unit 3, feel free to DM me if needed
Original post by JamezA60
I am, scared for it though!
Feel free to DM me if needed

What does DM mean? Sorry i'm acting like a total idiot now lol
Reply 16
Original post by No brainer1
What does DM mean? Sorry i'm acting like a total idiot now lol

Direct message mate hahaha
I've got it, i got A* in my mocks but i dunno what's gonna come up.
For break even i would just try to remember the foruma for BEP. :-)
Reply 18
i made this off the specification:

Marketing
The meaning of the term ‘marketing’
Market research- what are the type of market researches, how does it help?
Product life cycle- The four phases and how it can help businesses
Product trial and repeat purchases- Seeing that the marketing approach to achieve loyalty is the different from the way to achieve trial purchases; How to achieve repeat purchases and customer loyalty.
Branding and differentiation- The importance of brands as an aid to product trial and repeat purchase and the need to differentiate a product/service from others given the level of competition.
Building a successful marketing mix- The importance of managing a brand through the key variables that make up a mix.
Meeting customer needs
Design and research development- Design as a key approach to product differentiation, be able to appreciate the design mix and show the need for scientific research for development- Look at function, cost and appearance.
Managing stock and quality- To interpret stock control systems and a good understanding of the just in time and just in case systems. The advantages and disadvantages of all stock control methods. Quality control versus a quality culture assurance.
Cost-effective operations and competitiveness- Keeping productivity up and costs down to ensure low costs and allow for competitive prices.
Effective customer service- Providing customers with the service level they want and when they want. Advantages and disadvantages of good and bad customer service.
Consumer protections law- Basic laws and what they do.

Effective financial management
How to improve cash flow- Key aspects of financial management such as how to establish more favourable credit terms with customers and how to analyse the difference between increasing cash inflows and reducing cash outflows.
How to improve profit- Cutting costs and increasing revenues, important for students to think beyond the immediate effects such as staff cuts save money but lower motivation.
Break even charts/analysis- How to draw and interpret break even points and know about the margin of safety. How changes to price and costs can affect the break-even point.
Financing growth- The internal and external sources of finance and how effective they are.
Effective people management
Organisation structure- The importance of divisional structure, level of hierarchy, chains of command and centralised versus decentralised systems.
Motivation theory- The significance of motivation in the workplace, with a specific focus on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs and other motivation theories.
Communication- The impact of insufficient or excessive communication
Remuneration- The impact on staff of various payment strategies such as salary; wages; full time; part time etc.

The wider world affecting business
Ethics in business- The meaning of the term ‘ethics’ in business and the complexity of moral issues affection organisations. Possible trade-off between ethics and profit. The importance of the potential effects of pressure group activity.
Environmental issues- How businesses affect the environment, the importance of short and long term effects on the environment.
Economics issues affecting international trade- The extremes of income distribution internationally. The effect of import protection and export subsidy on businesses.
The impact of the government and EU on business- The impact of regulations and taxation and the benefits and drawbacks of minimum wage, maternity/paternity rights and health and safety regulations.

Hope it helps
Reply 19
I'm doing this exam! Just make sure you know the key terms and breakeven chart, stock level charts etc.
In the exam make sure you analyse and evaluate when needed..don't give 6 different points in a 6 mark question, give 2 points and expand on them.
Also on the last 10 mark question, you get 2 marks for spelling and grammar if anyone didn't know.
GOOD LUCK! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending