The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
That one's easy! Biting your tongue results in pain for hours... DAYS afterwards. Nose-scooshery can be quite hilarious for all parties involved.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Mixing a single malt whisky with cola, or

Smothering your roast turkey with cranberry?
turkey and cranberry

overcooked aunt bessies stuffing with mayonnaise in a sandwich or cold hot do sausages out the can with ketchup?
Reply 22
Sausages out the can - eugh.

When you take a spoonful of cereal only to realise the milk was off or discovering you bought a peppered steak slice rather than a normal one from greggs?
Reply 23
Cereal misfortunes are nothing but a tragedy, they should write operas about them.

Waiting over an hour for your late takeaway order

OR

Receiving your meal 15 minutes later than everyone else in a restaurant?
Reply 24
Your meal being 15 minutes late.
At least when it's a takeaway, everyone isn't eating!

Gristle?

OR

Fish bone?
Reply 25
GRISTLE!

I can handle a bone, but that WAD of fat. EW.

Eating a crisp thinking its a flavour you like but it's one you hate (e.g. thinking its ready salted, but its actually cheese and onion)

OR

Drinking apple juice after brushing your teeth?
Drinking apple juice, defo. A crisp is a crisp, never offends me that much!!

Your biscuit falling into your tea to become a mush at the bottom or a powder deposit at the bottom of a hot chocolate
the biscuit mush, makes me :frown:, but i LOVE the powder!

your latte having irish cream syrup in it but being really hot, or having gingerbread syrup in it but being a bit lukewarm?
Reply 28
Both are abominations I'd never consume, but I'd go for the first because burny-burn is bad enough without it being DAIRY and ALCOHOL based.

What's worse?

Feeling so hungry to the point where you ache and your tummy goes GRRAWWWLLLL,

or

Being so stuffed that every burp is accompanied by a wee bit of... well.. groo?
Original post by TotoMimo
Both are abominations I'd never consume, but I'd go for the first because burny-burn is bad enough without it being DAIRY and ALCOHOL based.

What's worse?

Feeling so hungry to the point where you ache and your tummy goes GRRAWWWLLLL,

or

Being so stuffed that every burp is accompanied by a wee bit of... well.. groo?

The hunger, easy!!! I actually quite like that over-stuffed feeling. Makes me wanna snuggle and sleep.

What's the worst, ice cream that's defrosted and reformed into some odd shape with shards of ice or ice cream that's totally melted into liquid?
Reply 30
Entirely melted is worse for me! I mean, the former is god-awful for sure, but at least you can still eat it LIKE ice cream despite being some odd milky ice-pole thing now. The latter is just ...cream.

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Keeping your favourite food on the plate til last, only to realise by the time you've reached it, you're full!

or...

Keeping what you BELIEVE to be a huge chunk of chicken/beef in a curry until the end, only to discover when you munch it, this entire time it's just been a mushroom/tomato hunk/onion?
haha, the last one is worse! there's no law that says thou must stop eating when full if its only an extra mouthful!

which is worse - eating pasta thats extremely al dente (as in... near enough raw) or pasta thats been boiling for 25 minutes?
Original post by *custardcream
haha, the last one is worse! there's no law that says thou must stop eating when full if its only an extra mouthful!

which is worse - eating pasta thats extremely al dente (as in... near enough raw) or pasta thats been boiling for 25 minutes?

I have been known to eat completely raw pasta in the past. I know, odd. But..overcooked is just MUSH. The later is worst.

What's worse, eating a really spicy curry without a drink or eating a whole sugar doughnut without being able to lick your lips.
Reply 33
The latter!! A sugared Doughring BEGS to be licked. If it was encrusting my lips I would be in PAIN.

What's the GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Slaving over a hot dish all day for a dinner party, only for:

Someone to refuse to eat any of it whatsoever, or

Trying it and spewing all over the place?
Reply 34
I would love to say refusing to try it, because it annoyed me when my ex did that, but I know I'm very badly guilty of it so I'll say spewing all over the place. Makes sense seeing as seeing people vomit sends me into a panic attack.

Greater of two evils: Tucking into what looks like an amazing chocolate cake and realising it's blackforest gateau, or smelling something that makes you practically drool then realising that it's something that you like the smell of but hate the taste of (e.g. I don't like eating beef but the smell makes me so hungry. yummy smell).
Reply 35
The latter. I love black forest gateau, but I like the smell of oranges even though the minute I eat them I feel like vomiting.

What's worse?

Cold toast or soggy bread??
Reply 36
Soggy bread. There's just no saving it!

Cooking a meal that's too spicy

Or

Making a dessert with too muh cinnamon in?
Reply 37
I'm not sure there is such a thing as too much cinnamon!! (cinnamon challenge aside :tongue:)
So I'm going to go with a meal that's too spicy!

Buttering a hole in your bread?

OR

Half stale bread and there is no butter in the fridge?
Reply 38
Hole in the bread. So sad!

Only soup offered as a starter

or

Only ice cream offered as dessert?
Reply 39
Depends if there is some good desserts on the menu that only has a soup starter, as I would just skip starters like I normally do. But if I was having all three courses, only soup would be worse. You can rarely go wrong with ice cream even if it is a boring choice.

Buying a cheap supermarket version of a Kitkat and finding half the wafer sticking out the chocolate

OR

Buying a Flake bar and finding that it's all crumbled.

Quick Reply

Latest