The Student Room Group

vegetarian at st hilda’s

the website says that veg options are only two days of the week so i’m just wondering how i’m meant to eat if there aren’t kitchens
Reply 1
it’s really poorly worded but i think they mean two days a week there is no meat option, not that there’s only two days a week where they serve a veggie option
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
the website says that veg options are only two days of the week so i’m just wondering how i’m meant to eat if there aren’t kitchens

From the website:
"We offer a range of high-quality, good-value food (including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options) for breakfast, lunch and dinner"
"meat-free options only on two days of each week" (i.e. there are two days a week where there is no meat at all)

https://www.st-hildas.ox.ac.uk/live/food-and-drink
Reply 3
Hi OP, current St Hilda's student here. The above posters are correct - there is a vegetarian (and usually also vegan) option in the dining hall everyday, and 2 days where there is no meat option at all.

Also, you will have access to *some* type of kitchen - 1st years either live in Garden building (microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge and freezer) or Wolfson (fully equipped kitchen) so you'll have the opportunity to at least do basic meals like toast, sandwiches, pasta etc.

Hope this helps! I've been eating veggie at Hilda's for several years and I've overall found it fairly good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending