The Student Room Group

Msc in Dietetics (Preregistration)

Hey! I'm an international student.
What do you think about the Msc Dietetics at MMU?
How is the support from staff, the teaching, the placements?
More importantly, how is Manchester's safety, cost of living and easeness of transportation?
As i have mentioned, im not from UK so I would like to really know if the city is appropriate for students?
Original post by Foramzzz
Hey! I'm an international student.
What do you think about the Msc Dietetics at MMU?
How is the support from staff, the teaching, the placements?
More importantly, how is Manchester's safety, cost of living and easeness of transportation?
As i have mentioned, im not from UK so I would like to really know if the city is appropriate for students?

Hi @Foramzzz

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Manchester Met!

Our MSc (Pre-registration) Dietetics course is designed to give you the skills, knowledge and confidence, so that you can develop a career as a professional dietetic in both the health and food sectors. You'll spend 1000 hours on placement in centres across Greater Manchester which will allow you to register with the HCPC after completion. Teaching will be a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops.

You're more than welcome to speak with our current students to find out more about student life at the uni!

As a city, Manchester has a student population of around 90,000 which is one of the largest in Europe, so it's definitely appropriate for students! There's lots of things to do in the city, from museums to parks to nightlife, and there's something for everyone. There's also a strong international community, making it easier for international students to adjust to the huge step of moving to a new country.
The cost of living is something to keep in mind. Your biggest expense will be for accommodation, and while Manchester is cheaper than cities like London and Birmingham, there are other cities with lower living costs than Manchester. Despite this, a single bus journey is only £2, and there's plenty of options for food, drink, activities, etc. for every budget. So really, your living costs could be as high or low as you want them to be.
What's great about Manchester is it's location. You can reach almost everywhere you want to by train (London 2 hours, Edinburgh 3 hours, Leeds 1 hour) and we have a large international airport that can take you to close to 200 destinations.

Take a look at these links for more information:
https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/student-advice/where-to-study/universities-in-manchester
https://www.ucas.com/study-in/study-manchester

I hope you found this helpful!!

Chloe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending