The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TotoMimo
I'd say the failed poachers are a worse evil. Poached eggs are such a faff; you want a REAL PAYOFF.

If you didn't get it, you'd be all like AW MAN. WHUT. Fried Eggs are, on the other hand, easy peasy lemon squeezy; if you screw it up, you just go, "aw well, next time."

What's the greater of two evils:

Pouring a glass of lager and it's just CONSTANTLY ALL FOAM

or

Pouring a glass of cola that KEEPS FIZZING TO THE BRIM despite there being like 25ml in the glass?

Later is worse. I don't like lager but I do like making myself a LAGER FOAM BEARD! My dad let me do it with his when I was a wee thing. Looking back, I probably got a bit pissed as a child...
But coke fizzing annoys me. I try to do that sly "tip the glass to the side" trick but it still happens!

Which is worse: Fajitas without a salsa or sauce or Duck wraps without sauce
Reply 381
The greater evil is the sauceless duck. Fair enough, the shredded duck is delicious, but heavily cooked duck can be dry, and moreover fajitas tend to have more lubricating "moister" elements anyway (sour cream, peppers, etc).

What's the GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Putting the empty milk carton back in the fridge

or

Having to throw out an untouched, expired carton of milk when you want cereal?
Original post by TotoMimo
The greater evil is the sauceless duck. Fair enough, the shredded duck is delicious, but heavily cooked duck can be dry, and moreover fajitas tend to have more lubricating "moister" elements anyway (sour cream, peppers, etc).

Putting the empty milk carton back in the fridge

or

Having to throw out an untouched, expired carton of milk when you want cereal?

Oh I hate both of those so much. The empty milk is so sad, when that little DRIP comes out and then all stops. If I knew we had no milk I'd have planned something else for breakfast. JUST THROW IT AWAY. But the second, oh god, it infuriates my inner hoarder. I HATE WASTE. So I'd say the later is worse.

which is worse, fried fish without crispy skin or duck without the fat rendered
Original post by MelissaJayne
Oh I hate both of those so much. The empty milk is so sad, when that little DRIP comes out and then all stops. If I knew we had no milk I'd have planned something else for breakfast. JUST THROW IT AWAY. But the second, oh god, it infuriates my inner hoarder. I HATE WASTE. So I'd say the later is worse.

which is worse, fried fish without crispy skin or duck without the fat rendered

Duck without the fat rendered

Bartholin's Glands Chutney or an Ovarian Tunica Albuginea dip?
Reply 384
They both sound puntastically awful.

Glandtastic.

Greater of two evils?

Trifle with lumpy custard, or

Trifle with watery jelly?
Reply 385
The watery jelly. I feel ashamed to admit I'm one of those people who borderline likes lumpy custard, I like the texture. Sorry, food crime I know... But watery jelly is just not fun. Wibble Wobble is it's theme ding, therefore it should indeed 'Wibble wobble' else it's just a lie.

Crimes:

Someone leaving breadcrumbs in the butter

Or

Someone leaving butter smears in the nutella/jam?
Original post by dani_1991
The watery jelly. I feel ashamed to admit I'm one of those people who borderline likes lumpy custard, I like the texture. Sorry, food crime I know... But watery jelly is just not fun. Wibble Wobble is it's theme ding, therefore it should indeed 'Wibble wobble' else it's just a lie.

Crimes:

Someone leaving breadcrumbs in the butter

Or

Someone leaving butter smears in the nutella/jam?

They're both MEGA annoying. My mum is a criminal for it. I'd say the butter smears in nutella is worse, because if I have a spread, I like it without butter..whereas the butter above is going onto bread anyway most the time. Whats a few breadcrumbs on bread? MORE BREAD.

Which is worse, the top bit of your mini milk breaking off or the inner bit of your feast breaking off
Reply 387
Original post by MelissaJayne
They're both MEGA annoying. My mum is a criminal for it. I'd say the butter smears in nutella is worse, because if I have a spread, I like it without butter..whereas the butter above is going onto bread anyway most the time. Whats a few breadcrumbs on bread? MORE BREAD.

Which is worse, the top bit of your mini milk breaking off or the inner bit of your feast breaking off

Definitely the inner bit of your feast breaking off, after all that work to get to the chocolately goodness

Which is worse?

Tepid juice/ fizzy drink?

OR

Tepid hot-chocolate/ tea?
Reply 388
Hot fizzy is worse, as I actually tend to drink my tea when it's at the "turning point" to coldness ideally. I'm such a wimp for SCALDING HOT drinks...

Going on a huge celebratory night out, being that elitist "tee-total, on a diet, can't eat or drink anything, you guys all look so stupid" guy

or

Going on a huge celebratory night out, being that "drunk-out-of-your-head, where-even-am-I " guy?
The first is worse because everyone loves that second person! And you probably won't remember any stupid things you do. Blissful ignorance.

Which is a greater evil: eating an apple then finding a worm hole
Or
Eating bread then spotting mould

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 390
The former, worms and food are not a nice combination.

GREATER EVIL

Burnt roast potatoes

OR

Burnt breaded fish
Reply 391
BURNT FISH IS SO MUCH WORSE!!

Burnt roasties, as Melissa once said, are actually disturbingly amazing.

What's the greater evil:

Refusing to shop in Farmfoods etc for being "cheap crap"

or

Refusing to buy food from Marks and Spencer because it's "overpriced"?
Reply 392
The former, economy food can often rival branded stuff and for instance Iceland do some nice pizzas although I've never heard of farmfoods.

GREATER EVIL:

ROast CHICKEN dinner without any gravy

OR

Roast chicken dinner without stuffing
Reply 393
I actually prefer roast without either, but if I have to have one, it'll be the stuffing, because for me gravy is like 'I wanted soup instead so I'm turning my meal into it, with one flavour now dominating everything'.

Crimes:

Too much butter/oil used to fry an egg making it über oily

Or

Too little egg used to make eggy bread meaning its just fried bread with a bit of egg
Reply 394
The first is worse. Dipping into the yolk I get yummy DELUGE DE CHIPFAT?

what's a greater evil:

Buying a US product youve seen on tv that seems beyond epic, in movies etc, like the twinkie, that ends up being a bit s**t,

Or

Loving the latest limited edition product that ends up discontinued forever...?
Reply 395
Ah these are both SO terrible, but I've experienced the first more. The pain... So that for me is the greater evil. Twizzlers for instance; they seemed INCREDIBLE, but they were just... Meh. And Trix cereal for that matter. Sigh. Though the limited edition is tragic, you have the ability to stock up a fair amount before the wipe out, so there is some saving grace.

Crimes:

Too much vinegar on your chippy shop chips

Or

Someone adding layers of mayonnaise to their chippy shop chips (that you are sharing)
Reply 396
The latter, I don't like chips saturated with any type of sauce and mayo and chips isn't my favourite combo anyway.

GREATER EVIL:

A Fab ICE LOLLY minus the chocolate part

or

Oyster ice cream minus the chocolate part
Reply 397
Original post by Fusion
The latter, I don't like chips saturated with any type of sauce and mayo and chips isn't my favourite combo anyway.

GREATER EVIL:

A Fab ICE LOLLY minus the chocolate part

or

Oyster ice cream minus the chocolate part

Oyster Ice cream, no question. It cries out for chocolate. Fab's are just a shadow of their former self so I don't get them any more.

EVILS:

Someone picking out all the nice fruit in a fruit salad leaving you with the sad looking apple pieces and a few bits of melon

or

Someone taking the whole top layer of profiteroles, so you have little chocolate syrup on your pastry rolls
Reply 398
The former is worse because... even the worst part of profiteroles is far better than the worst fruit.

What's the greater of two evils:

Someone taking a drink out of your bottle, and you noticing EPIC BACKWASH....

or

Someone taking a "bit" of your ice cream by "whole mouthing" it (does the thing where their mouth goes over the whole ice cream orb, so they have in effect coated the WHOLE THING in their slavers)
Reply 399
The ice cream is worse, because attempting to remain polite is far harder in this situation. It's like... well I don't want the rest now, but if I chuck it, they'll wonder what I'm doing. With the drink you can just put the cap on and chuck it later, or even offer them the rest with a polite 'I don't really want any more'. Doesn't work so well with an ice cream really... who gets half way through and doesnt want it? Precisely.

EVILS:

Someone asking for some of your chocolate bar whilst in a group (say the 50p dairy milk ones), you say yes to that ONE, and you end up giving all bar one square away to the rest

OR

Asking somone to buy you something specific at the store, waiting eagerly in anticipation and they've forgotten/got the complete wrong thing. (could you get me a Double Decker please - I got you a DM fruit and nut, for instance)

Quick Reply

Latest