The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Frozen vegetables are actually a pretty effective form of preservation; frozen peas are like perfect!! Tinned are less consistent.

WHICH IS WORSE?

AN OVERLY GREASY FRIED EGG

OR

AN OVERLY GREASY BIT OF BACON?
Reply 581
The former is worse because fried eggs have the propensity to look absolutely horrific if not cooked nice and proper - soaked in oil, shell didn't crack right.... = sheer horror.

GREATER EVIL:

KFC has run out of chicken

OR

Icecream man has run out of icecream from the machine
Haha..Icecream man made me laugh. It's as though it's not their profession, it's their definition. They are, men of the ice cream. No more, no less. ANYWAAAAAY..

kfc running out of chicken is worse. If they don't have chicken what are they? KF. If you SEE what I mean? Plus, I like Screwballs and need no machine for those babies.

greater evils: chicken kievs with not enough filling
or
doughnuts with not enough filling
Reply 583
The former is MEGA WORSE. chicken Kiev is DEFINED by buttery core; doughnuts are defined as FRIED CAKE!!

WHICH IS WORSE?

EATING TEA AND STARVING KIDS COME ON TV

OR

EATING TEA AND SOMEONE ON TV IS SPEWING VIOLENTLY
Spewing violently is probably worse as it is more likely to put me off. When I see starving kids on TV it kinda just makes me appreciate the food that I do have MORE. It'd just make me not take that tea for granted. And hey, I'd just HAVE to finish it. Can't waste food when people are going hungry elsewhere...

which is worse: Someone saying it's homemade bread but it's shop bought or someone saying it's homemade pastry but it's shop bought
Just lying about making any sort of food but buying it is wrong! But I'd have to go with saying you made the bread. I mean, I know plenty of people who can make their own pastry, but no one who makes their own bread! So the deception is so much greater because I'm in awe of knowing a bread-baker.

GREATER EVIL:

Discovering mould on your bread after you've eaten half the sanwdwich.

OR

Discovering something is way (way way way, not just a couple of days) out of date after you've eaten it.
Reply 586
The former is worse; after all, if the second thing, you managed to eat it all without noticing, can't be THAT bad!!

Greater evil:

"I got burgers, but no buns, so we'll have to have them on white bread"

Or

"I got hotdogs, but no hotdog rolls, so we have to make white bread"
The first is worse. Because A burger should never been in sliced bread, it just isn't right. Whereas sausages/hot dogs can be cut in half and made into a sandwich quite easily. Though admittedly not as good with hot dogs as is with sausaaaarj.

greater evil: sticky fingers from food or smelly breath from food
Reply 588
Smelly breath is worse; you can always find a sink to scrub your hands in, but no amount of gum can mask that ENTIRE RAW ONION you just ate!!

Which is a greater evil:

A McDonald's catastrophe where no burgers at all(beef chicken OR fish) are available but sides, shakes and desserts are,

Or

The opposite, where ONLY the burgers are available?
No burgers at all has to be worse! That's the staple of the meal if you're going to McDonalds, and without it, is the trip really worth it? Sadly, I think not.

GREATER EVIL:

Overcooking chicken

OR

Overcooking beef
Reply 590
Overcooked beef is like KING EVIL!! Overcooked chicken is dry. Overcooked beef is just... Nightmarish boot sole.

Greater Evil?

really dry, overcooked scrambled egg

Or

Runny, undercooked scrambled egg?
Ah, both are HIDEOUS. But overcooked is worse, because too many canteens I've been in have just offered lumps of this ungodly scrambled egg. Awful memories of disappointment. I really do hold to high esteem people that cook scrambled eggs well.

Greater evil: Asking for chicken and getting turkey or asking for a cheeseburger and getting a chicken burger
Reply 592
The former, in the latter scenario it would make a welcome surprise to receive a chicken burger because we all overindulge on beef burgers to the point of saturation.

GREATER EVIL:

Ketchup with potato wedges

OR

Ketchup with potato croquettes
Neither are evil! Ketchup is heavenly. But I'll say the ketchup with potato croquettes, because I don't like them as much as wedges.

GREATER EVIL:

Food that's too salty

OR

Food that's too sweet
Too salty is the greater evil, I have a massive sweet tooth.

Greater evil:

Roast dinner with no yorkshire pudding

or

Full english breakfast with no hash brown
Roast dinner with no yorkshire is worse, as it's standard, expected. If I get a full english with a hashy B, I'm a bit like..OOOH check these out with their hash browns. It's a bonus, not an expectation.

which is worse: ginger in chocolate or crazy japenese flavoured chocolates, like green tea
Reply 596
I will say CRAZY JAPCHOCZ. Because I've consistently found nice ginger chocolate; like some gorgeous Zotter creations (I mean, bacon chocolate should be awful, but Zotter managed to sway me...).

However, I adore some mad Japanese creations, and I have tried the Green Tea Kitkat and enjoyed it, but their ENGLISH TEA one is like GANKY BUILDERS TEA X 100, and the Sweet Potato Chocolate Kit Kat was abhorrent.

Which is the greater evil:

Not getting a single Easter Egg at Easter,

or

Not getting an Advent Calendar for all of December?
Reply 597
The former, I never have advent calendars and eggs define the easter period more than the latter does at xmas.

GREATER EVIL:

Non-cold milkshake

OR

Non-hot hot chocolate
Hot milkshake is rank. So, so wrong. It's too thick and cloggy and awh, I'm sad just describing it. Whereas hot chocolate is nice warm, or non-hot.
It kinda gets cold by the time your half way down anyway if you drink it at a polite pace.

greater evil: thinking a sauce is sweet and it turns out to be spicy..thinking a pie is sweet and it turns out to be savoury
Reply 599
The latter, I'm too fussed about spicy stuff within reason in fact it would be a welcome surprise.

GREATER EVIL:

A ban on drinking more than 5 alcohol units

OR

A cap of 500 calories on fast food consumption

Quick Reply

Latest