The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Hey Food Lovers! Another one of my "let the next poster seal your fate" threadies here - this time, they'll be deciding which one of your dire dire dining dealios is the most despicable!

In this thread, you choose two things in food and drink that make you sad, angry... disappointed. Then you ask the following poster, what's worse? Which is the GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

From there, the next poster says what he or she deems to be worse in their opinion, then gives two options of their own!

SO LET ME START US OFF!! Which is the GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

An Overcooked Solid Chocolate Fondant...

or..

Your Favourite Chocolate Bar, Melted by the Sun?

Scroll to see replies

I think it has to be the latter, because not only is it completely inedible, but the mess and frustration of meltedy richness is just too sad a thing to witness.

Which is the GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

Finding no cornetto reservoir at the bottom of your cone?

Or

Opening a new packet of your favourite biscuits, only to find the first third of the packet are...crumbs.
Reply 2
That's easy!! SAD CORNETTO IS WORSE. You've got 2/3 of perfect enjoyment left in your biscuit packet, but 0 happiness in an empty biscuit cone...

WHAT IS THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS?

OVERCOOKED BEEF STEAK:

or OVERCOOKED TUNA STEAK:

overcooked tuna is worst. because like, you get that from a can.

soggy chips or burnt chips?
Burnt chips are definitely worse!

Greater of two evils:

Milk that is getting very near to its expiration date and already smells a bit weird. Or slightly mouldy bread.
Reply 5
Smelly milk is worse... you can at least cut mould off the bread, but you can't cut the smelly out of the milk!!

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

KETCHUP ON FILLET STEAK, or SUNDAY ROAST WITH NO GRAVY?
Reply 6
Greater?

Ketchup on fillet steak. It's completely ruined. Whereas I am of the small majority that actually enjoys a roast without gravy.
(Cue horrified gasps)

GREATER OF THE EVILS:

A broken Easter Egg

OR

A smooshed up meringue?
It has to be the lack of gravy. Gravy is irreplaceable, ketchup is forgiveable.

Edit: Ninja'd! Definately the easter egg! Part of the joy of the egg is getting to break it up AS YOU PLEASE! :h: Smooshed up merangues can be put on ice cream or something, so not such a big deal XD

What's the greatest of two evils?

Raisins in cookies instead of chocolate chips? Or only having...lemon curd to spread on toast >_<
Reply 8
Definitely only having lemon curd to spread on toast *blegh*

What's the greatest of two evils?

Biting into a piece of meat and finding out it's actually a mushroom or swallowing a boiled sweet whole

<3 x
swallowing the sweet whole is worse. wasted sweet! :frown:

the dregs from a box of cereal or the first biscuit from a packet that's half crumbs?
Reply 10
The latter, of course. Biscuits should always be whole.

A bruised banana or a rotting apple?
Reply 11
Rotting apple is worse... BRUISED BANANA = BANANA BREAD BAKIN' TIIIIME!

McNuggets with no dips, or Salted Nachos with no dip/topping?
McNuggets with no dips is far worse.

Flat coke or no milk for tea?
I um, actually like flat coke :tongue: so the latter!

Mistaking skittles for smarties? Or getting a roll of wine gums with only yellow/green -_-
Reply 14
Original post by Viennaberry
I um, actually like flat coke :tongue: so the latter!

Mistaking skittles for smarties? Or getting a roll of wine gums with only yellow/green -_-

A roll of green/yellow wine gums! That thought makes me sad :frown:

Biting into unpopped popcorn?
OR
Perfectly popped popcorn with no flavour?
i like plain popcorn! so the kernels.

stale meringue or unthawed profiteroles?
Stale meringue is worse. Because meringue isn't really that special to start with. And I could eat frozen profiteroles and still enjoy them...probably..

what's worst, the middle chocolate bit of a feast Ice Cream breaking onto the floor before you eat it or the shell of a magnum doing the same?
Reply 17
The Feast! You've worked so hard, your waited so long! You've earned a whole chocolate centre damn it!

Burning your Tongue on soup that's too hot

Or

Getting a brain freeze from a slush puppy you drank too quickly?
Original post by dani_1991
The Feast! You've worked so hard, your waited so long! You've earned a whole chocolate centre damn it!

Burning your Tongue on soup that's too hot

Or

Getting a brain freeze from a slush puppy you drank too quickly?

the burnt tongue is worst. Purely and simply because it will ruin the rest of your meal, and possibly what you eat for the next day or so. Whereas even though brain freeze hurts like a bitch, it'll pass and you can continue!!!

now..pouring a bowl of cereal and realising you have no milk OR pouring a pot of tea and realising you have no milk
Pouring Tea- can at least put the cereal back

Whats worse:
Accidently biting your tongue while eating

OR

Laughing while drinking and have it come out your nose

Quick Reply

Latest