The Student Room Group

The Voice UK

Scroll to see replies

The Living on the Prayer singer was good should have got through-there seems to be discrimination against anything not pop,with that opera singer not going through last week aswell.
Original post by hali0112
I have watched bits of the show here and there and I quite like it. I was an avid x factor fan but this is much better than the x factor. I like that it is all about the singers and that the judges aren't self centered, weepy or attention seekers. they keep their comments focussed, relevant and respectful. That's what I hated about x factor - how they humiliate and ridicule the contestants and make entertainment out of them. I also like that it has no bad/embarassing auditions. Watching BGT after the voice makes me see just how cheap and tacky simon cowell's shows really are. I don't know who my favourite judge is but they each bring something different and have expertise in different genres of music which is great for this kind of show. I can't wait for the live rounds. :smile:

Speaking of X Factor - ex judge Cheryl Cole (soon only to be known as Cheryl) is performing the début single from her 3rd album on the 1st live results show next weekend - presumably she landed this gig through her strong links with will.i.am
Reply 182
Original post by Dalek1099
The Living on the Prayer singer was good should have got through-there seems to be discrimination against anything not pop,with that opera singer not going through last week aswell.

He was terrible and an arrogant over grown child. He was screaming through the song rather than singing it.
Reply 183
Original post by Mess.
He was terrible and an arrogant over grown child. He was screaming through the song rather than singing it.

Yes; this.

He wasn't even any good.
I was going to watch it and watched it for the first time this Saturday and loved it! I love the whole panel and i really love the concept of everything being based around the voice and not pre-judging like in x factor etc. i think im team danny :smile:
Original post by Luxray
Well since no other show has done battle duo type things, the 'Battle Rounds' shall surely (hopefully :tongue: ) keep you interested.

Looks promising :smile:

I really wish The Voice and BGT would stop clashing though, especially when it comes to the live shows. Then I'd be more likely to keep going with this.
Original post by secretmessages

I really wish The Voice and BGT would stop clashing though, especially when it comes to the live shows. Then I'd be more likely to keep going with this.

Can't you watch the voice and then record BGT - The one with ad breaks? :confused:
Original post by ThatPerson
Can't you watch the voice and then record BGT - The one with ad breaks? :confused:

I don't have a dual tuner recorder (poor student :nopity:), and ITV player is awful and has ads anyway. But I might switch them, I'm getting quite into The Voice :holmes:
Reply 188
Original post by secretmessages

Im glad tbh, BGT has started irritating for me because 2/3 of the acts are crap and I'll youtube the performances the next day.

If it was x-factor vs the voice then that would be annoying for me.
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Were all auditions on the same day? No judge has changed into another outfit yet, lol.

i'm sure one of the coaches said in an interview they had to wear the same outfiit for continuity reasons so that they could cut to different clips from different days
Original post by atomos
i'm sure one of the coaches said in an interview they had to wear the same outfiit for continuity reasons so that they could cut to different clips from different days

That's never been an issue with Popstars, Pop Idol, Popstars: The Rivals, Fame Academy, The X Factor or Britain's Got Talent. Hmmm how odd :rolleyes:
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
That's never been an issue with Popstars, Pop Idol, Popstars: The Rivals, Fame Academy, The X Factor or Britain's Got Talent. Hmmm how odd :rolleyes:

I don't think it's odd, it seems pretty obvious. They have to sequence the auditions correctly so that all the judges don't end up with filling their quota of 10 until the end. This wasn't as much of a factor for those other shows.
Original post by Nice Marmite
I don't think it's odd, it seems pretty obvious. They have to sequence the auditions correctly so that all the judges don't end up with filling their quota of 10 until the end. This wasn't as much of a factor for those other shows.

Also allows them to show contestants in any order they like, possibly saving the better ones for last.
Reply 193
i want to have sex with will.i.am, anyone else?
I still don't get how the 10 acts thing works because all of the judges will have to keep a place for the last act,to make it fair on them or they would be at a disadvantage but if the judges don't like her then they won't fulfil their 10 contestants but they can't actually all have noone left for the last few auditions because that wouldn't be fair.
Original post by Luxray
Im glad tbh, BGT has started irritating for me because 2/3 of the acts are crap and I'll youtube the performances the next day.

If it was x-factor vs the voice then that would be annoying for me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17682808 :gah:

I can't believe how low the ratings for Britain's got Talent have got-it used to be about 11 million over-nights and ITV has been forced to reschedule Britain's Got Talent to try and defeat the voice.If I was the BBC I would try for a complete clash because The Voice has been thrashing Britains Got Talent ,when the shows have been head to head.
Reply 198
The voice is better than x factor.
Original post by Dalek1099
I can't believe how low the ratings for Britain's got Talent have got-it used to be about 11 million over-nights and ITV has been forced to reschedule Britain's Got Talent to try and defeat the voice.If I was the BBC I would try for a complete clash because The Voice has been thrashing Britains Got Talent ,when the shows have been head to head.

Nah they've had the victory, no need to push it!

Quick Reply

Latest