The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silentlife
I think the general answer is: don't bother unless you think you can retake it without compromising the current A2s you are doing. It also makes a smaller impact now since you have filled in your SAQ. Hope that helps. :smile:

But will Cambridge prefer to see that I'm resitting it, or not resitting it?
Original post by JOR2010
But will Cambridge prefer to see that I'm resitting it, or not resitting it?

You have to state you're resitting if you are, I believe. They won't have a preference. It will all be considered in context, there is no defined answer.
Original post by Oromis263
You have to state you're resitting if you are, I believe. They won't have a preference. It will all be considered in context, there is no defined answer.

Oh the uncertainty.
Original post by JOR2010
Oh the uncertainty.

Put it down.
My college have finally sent off my application! Hopefully get the SAQ soon =D
Original post by WenlockRhys
Because I dont particulary want to have to trawl back through 400 pages of this thread, I'm wondering if anyone can link me to the Graph with AS UMS against GCSE A*'s for Medics :smile: Thanks!

http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/teachers/presentations/teachersforum2010.pdf
Original post by soempty
Another SAQ question. I have a specific question about units. I have done 8 maths modules and 6 of them are certificated into my math A-level and i put them all in. Additionaly i have done S2 and M2, while M2 score was good my S2 was a fail. The question is: do i have to list those modules? Can i just put S2 as a unit i will do as i am retaking it? In topics we studied in education bit i did include some s2 topics which i feel are relevant.
You have to enter every module you have ever sat in every AS subject even if it is a fail or it was a retake.

There is a tick-box option to show intent to retake.

S2 isn't a vital unit... M2 will probably be more important from Cambridge's perspective. They will also probably account for the fact that you have done 8 modules
Reply 7986
Original post by Llewellyn
http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/teachers/presentations/teachersforum2010.pdf
You have to enter every module you have ever sat in every AS subject even if it is a fail or it was a retake.

There is a tick-box option to show intent to retake.

S2 isn't a vital unit... M2 will probably be more important from Cambridge's perspective. They will also probably account for the fact that you have done 8 modules

Shoot! S2 is vital for me since i am applying to economics and topics in S2 are actually relevant to what they study in university. I got C in it as well... I guess i risk getting rejected pre interview.
Reply 7987
I took D1 twice, once in jan and once in june, I have to list both results right?

On the saq..
Original post by soempty
Shoot! S2 is vital for me since i am applying to economics and topics in S2 are actually relevant to what they study in university. I got C in it as well... I guess i risk getting rejected pre interview.

One exam alone won't stop you getting a place... everyone makes mistakes.
What are everyone's expected/hopeful UCAS points on entry, I've got no idea how I'm supposed to have 600 points!

My 2 ASs get me 120 and then I'm going for A*AA/A*A*A this year so that only gets me up to 500/520 :confused:
I'm unsure as to whether I want to resit my Biology EMPA at the moment, and I was planning on seeing what my Unit 4 mark was before I attempted to. How should I deal with this on the SAQ? I don't really want to put an intention to resit down and have it possibly affect my chances of an interview/place, and then not resit it :/
Original post by Chewythepikachu
What are everyone's expected/hopeful UCAS points on entry, I've got no idea how I'm supposed to have 600 points!

My 2 ASs get me 120 and then I'm going for A*AA/A*A*A this year so that only gets me up to 500/520 :confused:

I'm at around 480 right now, and a lot of those points are from music, speech, EPQ, etc. Don't worry about UCAS points, they're silly in my opinion.

Edit: actually I have 595 points in total :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Chewythepikachu

They are meaningless for Cambridge. I had 6a at AS, 3a* at A2 plus 2A before A*s were invented, plus a couple of grade 8s. But Cambridge were only interested in maths and economics aptitude.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Llewellyn
I'm at around 480 right now, and a lot of those points are from music, speech, EPQ, etc. Don't worry about UCAS points, they're silly in my opinion.

Edit: actually I have 595 points in total :lol:

:colonhash: I mean :colonhash: really?
Are AS grades included when measuring the overall UCAS points score?
Sent off my UCAS last night. So looking forwards to my Pembroke interview!

also SAQ should be interesting ^_^
Reply 7996
Original post by Silverland

also SAQ should be interesting ^_^

See you there! :tongue: (although probably metaphorically)
Original post by Silverland

Aha, confident are we? :wink:

(kidding)
Reply 7998
Do Cambridge take into account the success of your school? I went to an extremely poor comprehensive school where only 36% of students left with 5 GCSES A*-C. I was also on free school meals. Is context considered or not?
Also remember the average UCAS score will be bumped up by irrelevant ECs in Base Guitar and stuff as well as IB candidates who get a silly number of points noone listens to anyway.

Latest

Trending

Trending