The Student Room Group

Reference points for manoeuvres for a KA and fiesta

Does anyone know any Reference points for any of the manoeuvres whlist drving a ford KA (teacher’s car) and a fiesta (my car)

My old driving instructor used to use Reference points for both cars, which helped me a great deal. My current instructor just says ‘look where you want to go, and you’ll go there’ which isn’t very helpful.

Has anyone got any any exp with this?
Reply 1
What kind of Firsta is it? It depends if it has power steering etc. The Ka is actually based on the Fiesta's platform so depending on your car it may well be identical in every way apart from the bodyshell.
Reply 2
You really shouldn't use reference points - you're learning how to drive *any* car, not just Fiestas/KAs. You'd be stuffed if you used reference points, and then got a new car. So your new instuctor is right, you should just judge it each time. Practice makes perfect! :smile:
Reply 3
Dickie is right (which is unusual for a Brummie :p: )

I personaly found it easier anyway ignoring them, I can reserve my mates fiestas around corners much easier than I can with my drivers instructors car because would confuse me with reference points.
Reply 4
AT82
Dickie is right (which is unusual for a Brummie :p: )

I personaly found it easier anyway ignoring them, I can reserve my mates fiestas around corners much easier than I can with my drivers instructors car because would confuse me with reference points.

'nuff said :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending