The Student Room Group

Driving Test

I have my driving test in a couple of months, I was wondering what is actually in the test. E.g What parking - do I HAVE to do forward bay parking or do I get to choose? Thank you 😊
Original post by lmaolmaolmaolmao
I have my driving test in a couple of months, I was wondering what is actually in the test. E.g What parking - do I HAVE to do forward bay parking or do I get to choose? Thank you 😊

Hi first and foremost I wish you the best of luck and may you pass your test with flying colours on first attempt it involves 40 minutes of driving with a designated test route and either independent driving in which you follow signs or sat-nav driving following a navigated system. As for the manoeuvres as you know there’s 4 types parallel, forward-bay, reverse-bay and park to the right one out of those four may come at random the examiner may say “I would like you to park on the right” so there’s no choice upon that your test would then therefore be complete making your way back to the test centre to then therefore work out the expected outcome

Good Luck
:smile:
They may ask you to do the emergency stop as well. It's everything you learnt with your driving instructor. You have to use the skills you learnt to drive independently.

They choose one manoeuvre for you. At the end of the test when you have to park the car and finish, if you’ve already done the manoeuvre you can park outside the lines and they don’t care and won’t mark you down.
Original post by Driving_Mad
They choose one manoeuvre for you. At the end of the test when you have to park the car and finish, if you’ve already done the manoeuvre you can park outside the lines and they don’t care and won’t mark you down.

Ok, thank you so much. So does that mean, I don't get to choose what type of bay parking to do?
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi first and foremost I wish you the best of luck and may you pass your test with flying colours on first attempt it involves 40 minutes of driving with a designated test route and either independent driving in which you follow signs or sat-nav driving following a navigated system. As for the manoeuvres as you know there’s 4 types parallel, forward-bay, reverse-bay and park to the right one out of those four may come at random the examiner may say “I would like you to park on the right” so there’s no choice upon that your test would then therefore be complete making your way back to the test centre to then therefore work out the expected outcome

Good Luck
:smile:

Okk, thank you so much!! 🙂
Ok, thank you so much. So does that mean, I don't get to choose what type of bay parking to do?

No, the examiner decides which one you do. They will make you do one of the forward bay park, parallel park, reverse into a bay, or park on the right and reverse 10 metres or however long it is. They can also make you do the emergency stop.
Original post by Driving_Mad
No, the examiner decides which one you do. They will make you do one of the forward bay park, parallel park, reverse into a bay, or park on the right and reverse 10 metres or however long it is. They can also make you do the emergency stop.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending