The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow University-Postgrad Admissions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucylinda
Hi, can you tell me a bit more about alumni getting a 10% discount on fees? What are the conditions for this?Thanks.

Original post by Norton1
That you're an alumni on an eligible course.

This, as well as not receiving any student loan e.g from SAAS
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 61
Hi

I have got an unconditional Offer for the MSc in Aerospace Engineering (R) degree and I will be in Glasgow by 20th Feb, 2013. I would like to know more about accommodation, University accommodation or Private, which is better and why?.

I am an international student, and be glad if you could be of assistance.
Reply 62
Hello! :smile: I have just applied (far closer to the deadline than I was planning :redface: ) for the Wellcome Trust 4-year PhD programme in Molecular Functions in Disease.
Anyone applying for MLitt Tourism, heritage, and development? :biggrin:

I'm not sure if my Marketing undergraduate major is a relevant subject to be considered for the course. But given its multidisciplinary nature, I just thought the more diverse walks of life candidates bring about, the richer experience can be gained.

If anyone has got experience in applying for or knows anyone pursuing this course, please let me know. Cheerio :^_^:
Original post by Jeykayem
Hello! :smile: I have just applied (far closer to the deadline than I was planning :redface: ) for the Wellcome Trust 4-year PhD programme in Molecular Functions in Disease.

I'm applying today :colondollar:
Hi all, I just signed up and I'm completely new to this because I'm an international student (USA)

My question is whether my qualifications can get me into the U of Glasgow for either the business school (something in either economic development or international economics) or the geography department as a MRes in Human Geography. I'll be applying for a postgraduate Masters.

Currently, I'm a sophomore at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York. It's a flagship school of New York in the United States. I'm a double major in economics and international trade (dept. of geography), with a minor in geographic information systems and cartography. My GPA is a 3.09 right now, my geography GPA is a 3.8 while my economics GPA is a 3.0.

I'm currently doing research with the food systems planning and healthy communities lab, it's a small lab of about 15 researchers and we're funded by the USDA (total is $7 million in research dollars). I also have a marketing internship at the same time. In terms of clubs, I am currently establishing the Undergraduate Geography Association in the geo department, I'm the Director of Marketing for the largest club on campus (6,000+ members), and I'm in a professional business Fraternity, Delta Sigma Pi.
Original post by EconTrade4255
Hi all, I just signed up and I'm completely new to this because I'm an international student (USA)

My question is whether my qualifications can get me into the U of Glasgow for either the business school (something in either economic development or international economics) or the geography department as a MRes in Human Geography. I'll be applying for a postgraduate Masters.

Currently, I'm a sophomore at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York. It's a flagship school of New York in the United States. I'm a double major in economics and international trade (dept. of geography), with a minor in geographic information systems and cartography. My GPA is a 3.09 right now, my geography GPA is a 3.8 while my economics GPA is a 3.0.

I'm currently doing research with the food systems planning and healthy communities lab, it's a small lab of about 15 researchers and we're funded by the USDA (total is $7 million in research dollars). I also have a marketing internship at the same time. In terms of clubs, I am currently establishing the Undergraduate Geography Association in the geo department, I'm the Director of Marketing for the largest club on campus (6,000+ members), and I'm in a professional business Fraternity, Delta Sigma Pi.

"Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are normally a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified." Says it on the Glasgow website for MRes human geography.
Is there any information for average GPAs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Original post by Rizzletastic
I'm applying today :colondollar:

Have you heard about interviews yet? I haven't heard a thing from Glasgow since I applied, so I'm guessing that I haven't got an interview, given that they start on Monday!
Original post by EconTrade4255
Is there any information for average GPAs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Email Glasgow Uni Postgrad admissions office.
Original post by Jeykayem
Have you heard about interviews yet? I haven't heard a thing from Glasgow since I applied, so I'm guessing that I haven't got an interview, given that they start on Monday!

I didn't end up applying, left it too late so I just concentrated on others. These things happen very last minute though, so don't give up hope! Good luck.
Reply 71
Got conditional offer for Msc City and Regional Planning, also City and Urban regeneration. Has anyone else applied for any of these courses !?

Does anyone have any idea regarding the prospects of graduate planners from university of glasgow !?
I also got the unconditional offer form Glasgow and Sheffield of
MSc City planning and regeneration/ town and regional planning

and have been waiting for UCL's results for 4 weeks ><

I know the planning of Sheffield is good but i hear that some courses are too many students and i actually really want to know the courses in Glasgow

how's their reputation or prospectus? :smile: since i can barely find the ranking or specific info of this programme

any advice to the programme or the schools would be great

thanks!
Reply 73
Original post by ecosysreuse
I also got the unconditional offer form Glasgow and Sheffield of
MSc City planning and regeneration/ town and regional planning

and have been waiting for UCL's results for 4 weeks ><

I know the planning of Sheffield is good but i hear that some courses are too many students and i actually really want to know the courses in Glasgow

how's their reputation or prospectus? :smile: since i can barely find the ranking or specific info of this programme

any advice to the programme or the schools would be great

thanks!

:biggrin: finally found a person who's applying for planning and regeneration !! In how many weeks did you get to hear from sheffield ?? (after you applied )

Regarding the ranking both the universities or known for their age old reputation in graduate studies, but even I couldn't find their real standing when it comes to their department of planning ! :frown:
Hello all!

I'Ve been made an offer for the MSc Media Management :smile:
Anyone else for this course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending